shape
carat
color
clarity

Dream proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking about this after talking with FF about proposals.

What is your dream proposal? Even if it's something you think won't happen (like being proposed to on the French riveria or something), I would like to hear about it.
Even if it's not a particular situation like the one above, how would you like to be proposed to? Like alone with you and FF, or somewhere with lots of people around. Or on a special date that is significant to both of you.

I really don't have one. I think it'd be cool to be proposed to on a little trip FF and I take. We live in NJ, so we frequently take day trips to the shore, NYC, Baltimore (where we're going next Saturday
31.gif
), Philly, etc.

Please share!
1.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
My dream proposal was the proposal from the movie Stepmom. I know the movie''s several years old but this scene always stuck with me. The movie was actually on TV about a month ago and I made my then-BF watch the proposal scene with me!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Aw, sammyj, that is adorable!!!!!!!!
1.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
My dream proposal was actually sitting at a Cards game, and then during the 7th inning, when I am good and beer-ed up, chugging my last call beers, he''d propose on the jumbo tron. Nachos, beer, and all! BUT DANG IT... a girl we know and are friends with... her FI took MY IDEA and ran with it. She got engaged the MONTH before we did... at the baseball game.
29.gif

So I got my second best... a quiet intimate dinner proposal. Not bad!
28.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
My dream proposal was to be proposed to in Paris, my actual proposal was in Paris and it was perfect just me and him and the city of romance running around seeing as much as we could see in that day eating pasteries and drinking coffee it was great.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
oh gosh - i have soo many (E is pretty lucky then!)
in no particular order
1. getting our charactures drawn (at a fair we go to every year) and having the drawing of him proposing
2. jumbo tron at a seahawks or sounders game (no so much with baseball
14.gif
)
3. dinner at a restaurant
4. proposal at a bar with all of our friends around
5. a sign hanging on a freeway overpass (someone did that, which was so sweet!!!).
6. RIGHT after i get my hair done (um.. so i can look glamorous and besides PS, my stylist is the only one else who knows my obsession
3.gif
)
7. at home a)before work, b) afterwork, c) during the weekend
8. while wine tasting/beer tasting
9. on our trip in the BVI (except i would be afraid to lose it!!)

my two favorite proposals are the ones from meet the parents (with the little kids) and wedding singer.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I honestly don''t know.
I''m not so worried about the proposal, just when he does it.
I almost want it to be a complete surprise, like when I''m in the shower and I get out and he would be waiting for me withthe ring, or when I come home from work him right by the door, something small and sweet like that

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Haha i love this thread
36.gif
jcarlylew the caricature is such a great idea
21.gif
and sammyJ i remember that scene from step-mom and its sooo romantic
30.gif

for my part ive had a couple of proposal fantasies...

1) in the arctic watching the northern lights, all rugged up and drinking hot chocolates etc
2) iceskating on a beautiful lake, maybe or maybe not at nighttime, not sure on that (this one by the way has occupied my fantasies the most recently, as we''re living in the canadian rockies...). Ive loved iceskating for a long time (for an aussie this is unusual!)...
3) in NYC, central park i think, followed by a trip to tiffany''s like in sex and the city!

oh so many more...verona in italy (after a night at the opera there) would also be amazing!!

But really ill settle for whatevs now
32.gif

Ashley21

Rough_Rock
this sounds like fun ... I haven''t really thought about my dream proposal

I think I would like it to just be the two of us somewhere, a nice restaurant I''ve never been to, or somewhere secluded like the park, or at home lol. I like simple.
I definitely want it to be a surprise though, like I don''t know where we are going or what we are doing ... just get in the car and go

I love surprises!
9.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I love all of these ideas!!!! All the fellow LIW''s are so creative! TLH-I''m so sorry that your friend took your dream proposal.

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh!

Mine involves-

1. CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!!!! A Dinner he cooks himself complete with candles and flowers. and a pretty ring =)

2. On a tropical beach somewhere!!!! Message in a bottle =) Cheesy, I know!

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
whatever he does as long as he ends up on one knee asking me to be his wife i''ll be thrilled!!

but it has crossed my mind it would be sweet if he took me to where we first saw each other (the parking lot of my old apartment building)

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 9:30:31 AM
Author: sammyj
My dream proposal was the proposal from the movie Stepmom. I know the movie''s several years old but this scene always stuck with me. The movie was actually on TV about a month ago and I made my then-BF watch the proposal scene with me!

Oh my goodness! I have never seen that movie.. but I just teared up watching that - how romantic! Wow!

Anyway.. for me.. I don''t really have an idea of a ''dream proposal''. As long as he gets on one knee, as Namaste said, I will be happy :) However, that''s not to say that''s ALL I want. I know I want it to be big.. really special.. well-planned.. and intimate, where its just the 2 of us alone :) I think it is a moment just for us. I don''t want to share it with anyone :$ And, I want to spend the night with him.

I see it somewhere romantic.. maybe a fancy hotel or something like that? I hope its creative.

I don''t know.. I am hard to please though..
15.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Hmm...one where I don''t screw it up?
3.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 5:24:55 PM
Author: gwendolyn
3.gif
lol gwen i see myself doing that too!! i''ll be hungry, which will make me pissed.. maybe i should let E know to make sure i am fed, what ever he does...
26.gif

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
I''ve had a few come to mind over the years, but here are a few:

1) Sitting on the dock, and watching the sun set at the family cottage. We''ve had some really great talks (most about marriage, and our future) doing that in the past couple of years, so it would be perfect for us.
2) After just getting out of the shower, I unknowingly put on the engagement ring, and walk into the bedroom to him on one knee. I always take off my promise ring before showers, and since I have really bad eyesight, I''d put the e-ring on thinking it was my promise ring..

My favourite: I always thought it would be cool to get engaged at ''Jeff Healey''s Roadhouse'' on a night he''d be playing there. H2B would have arranged for him to play our song (''Angel Eyes''), and BAM! Unfortunately, however, that will never happen, as Mr. Healey passed away last March.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I would LOVE to be proposed to in an intimate setting... now where? While were in another country- how romantic would it be if he flew over and proposed to me when I''m in Paris this June?
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Ha not going to happen- BUt i think anything that is a surprise.

I have dreams about my BF surprising me for a weekend to another country or even Niagara on the Lake- SOO beautiful! I would love it to be in a place that I can share my happiness with my mom and dad and maybe some of my friends- but mostly my mom.

I personally hope he doesn''t get down on one knee haha, i know this is weird, but I think my BF will get flustered and I will be like WTF are you doing? He blushes easily and I can just imagine it.

I also think it would be AWESOME if he could get someone to be taking our pictures unknowingly, like have a photographer lurking somewhere. I remember someone had that done, and if I''m not mistaken it was the man who was posting it... In paris? Can anyone remember... so romantic
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 7:54:05 PM
Author: MrsHToBe

2) After just getting out of the shower, I unknowingly put on the engagement ring, and walk into the bedroom to him on one knee. I always take off my promise ring before showers, and since I have really bad eyesight, I'd put the e-ring on thinking it was my promise ring.

It's funny you mention this!!!! I always take my promise ring off when I shower too, and he knows that! I was actually thinking about this before I read the latest replies!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
My ideals:

a.) Something that involves both of our families, or at least mine.
28.gif

b.) Something that ACTUALLY surprises me. I highly doubt his ability to pull something off without me knowing.
15.gif

c.) kind of like TLH, @ a big football game for our Alma Mater, with a bunch of college friends, on the Jumbotron!!! Like, on the KissCam or something! Followed by a big party with our friends and fam! I don't want a wedding, but I would LOVE to celebrate our engagement in a fun and informal manner!
36.gif

d.) something really personal, sentimental or symbolic.
e.) something involving fireworks or x-mas lights!
f.) totally randomly, after a long and perfect day, just out of the blue.
h.) We both love to snowboard, so first thing in the morning, on the ski lift, and I look down in the snow to see "Will you marry me?" while he is next to me with the ring. (hopefully on a string or something, don't drop that puppy!) Soooooooooo perfect!!!!
37.gif

g.) sooner than later...
20.gif

12.gif

Ashley21

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 4:49:40 PM
Author: Namaste
whatever he does as long as he ends up on one knee asking me to be his wife i''ll be thrilled!!

but it has crossed my mind it would be sweet if he took me to where we first saw each other (the parking lot of my old apartment building)
yeah that sounds sweet ... that remind me of a good proposal idea for BF ... we were high school sweethearts and I knew who he was but hadnt really talked to him before. So one day after school, I went to one side of the gym in the bleachers that I knew he passed everyday to get picked up from school (
25.gif
we weren''t even 16 yet). So on his way outside he saw me in the bleachers and came to sit by me. We would talk until his ride showed up. We did this everyday and talked about anything and everything for a couple weeks, and that''s when I knew he was special. I couldnt talk or be open with anyone as much as I could with him. So how sweet would it be if he proposed in our old high school gym in the bleachers? I guess that might be a little dorky, but I''d be super surprised if he was that creative.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 5:30:44 PM
Author: jcarlylew
Date: 3/13/2009 5:24:55 PM

3.gif

lol gwen i see myself doing that too!! i''ll be hungry, which will make me pissed.. maybe i should let E know to make sure i am fed, what ever he does...
26.gif
Haha, jcarlylew you sound just like me! FI knew that I go balistic when I''m hungry, so when he proposed he made sure that he waited until we had finished our picnic
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 12:35:31 AM
Author: trillionaire
g.) sooner than later...
20.gif

12.gif
When is he going to get on the ball here?! How long has he had that thing?!

DOESN''T HE KNOW I WANT PICTURES SO I CAN LIVE VICARIOUSLY THROUGH YOUR TRILLION?!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 5:29:29 AM
Author: FrekeChild

g.) sooner than later...
20.gif

12.gif

DOESN''T HE KNOW I WANT PICTURES SO I CAN LIVE VICARIOUSLY THROUGH YOUR TRILLION?!

I would do like Meredith did on Grey''s and tell him that I know (at this point, everyone knows!), but he might to a Derek and bat that thing into oblivion!
40.gif

I should just take pics next time I am at his house!
20.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 5:40:22 AM

g.) sooner than later...
20.gif

12.gif

I would do like Meredith did on Grey''s and tell him that I know (at this point, everyone knows!), but he might to a Derek and bat that thing into oblivion!
40.gif

20.gif
Oh gosh...that would be so horrific! I actually got teary-eyed when I had to explain that scene to my friends last night! Ugggh...
15.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock

g.) sooner than later...
20.gif

12.gif

40.gif

20.gif
Trill, what''s his deal? Has he told any mutual friends that he bought the ring, that you could poke into talking to him or something, so you don''t give away that you know but still maybe find out what the dilly is? In your shoes, I''d be sorely tempted to just put it on, show him and say, "Oh, look what I found..."
11.gif

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
Well, I''d love to be proposed to on a hot air balloon ride!
However, BF is deathly afraid of height (seriously...you should look at his face whenever he has to drive through a mountainous region at a high altitude), and I get motion sickness.

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 11:55:17 PM
Author: princessplease

It''s funny you mention this!!!! I always take my promise ring off when I shower too, and he knows that! I was actually thinking about this before I read the latest replies!

They say great minds think a-like!
2.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
I just want to be surprised. I feel like as long as I''m caught off guard that wave will take me the rest of the way and it will become a dream proposal.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 10:18:57 AM

g.) sooner than later...
20.gif

12.gif

40.gif

20.gif
Trill, what''s his deal? Has he told any mutual friends that he bought the ring, that you could poke into talking to him or something, so you don''t give away that you know but still maybe find out what the dilly is? In your shoes, I''d be sorely tempted to just put it on, show him and say, ''Oh, look what I found...''
11.gif
LOL! The LDR thing is the problem. I can''t decide if I want to finish the school that I started, which is a loooooong PhD program, which will kind of dictate the next several year of our lives...
7.gif
But I won''t move until I decide. (I could abandon the whole thing and move in a few months, and everything would be just fine!) Though theoretically there is nothing keeping him from moving, aside from the crappy economy. And the fact that we would both rather live in DC than NC where I am. Changing schools is not really an option, unfortunately. So, he is being practical and waiting for me to get my life together. Can''t really blame him for that. He took my hand this weekend and was rubbing it, focusing on the ring finger, and asking what I was doing about school, because he wants our life to be able to move forward. lol. I think I need to start a new thread called, "Yell at Trill everyday and make her get her act together so that she can get married someday!!!" Is that too long for a title?
12.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 10:29:35 AM
Author: tlh
My dream proposal was actually sitting at a Cards game, and then during the 7th inning, when I am good and beer-ed up, chugging my last call beers, he''d propose on the jumbo tron. Nachos, beer, and all! BUT DANG IT... a girl we know and are friends with... her FI took MY IDEA and ran with it. She got engaged the MONTH before we did... at the baseball game.
29.gif

So I got my second best... a quiet intimate dinner proposal. Not bad!
28.gif

tlh, do we live in the same city, or did you just happen to go to a Cards game?

Also, I love the idea of a stadium proposal. The funny thing is, B hates it! And he''s a huge sports nut, too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results