shape
carat
color
clarity

Dr. Phil''s Bridezillas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Wondering if anyone else saw today's Dr. Phil show where he had two 'bridezillas' come on the show?

The second woman was out of control, but that first girl... I was SO annoyed with how they SPUN it in the beginning to make it look like the girl was a superb--ch, when really her problem was that her mother was trying to CONTROL EVERYTHING.

I couldn't believe how the mother would just LEAN right across the girl to cut her off and bring to bring Dr. Phil 'in' to shut her daughter down. She even said at one point that "Planning your daughter's wedding, with her, is supposed to be a fun activity..." and me and my Italian housemate were like "WOAH! Back the bus up! YOU planning HER wedding, and she gets to pitch in?! I don't THINK so!"

And this poor girl kept getting beat up by Dr. Phil, her mother, and the audience as she kept protesting "But this is supposed to be MY day"

Ya, it is. HER day. Not HER MOM'S day. I could have slapped her mother every time she pulled some expression or gag to make the audience laugh at her daughter.
29.gif

Yeah, the girl was being very "My way or the highway" but that seemed to be the only way she could avoid getting railroaded by her mom. And that part about how they complained that she tripled the guest list... but that was because she wanted to invite some of HER friends, instead of just her parent's friends!!
23.gif

It was brutal. Classic "we pay, so our way". Thankfully, after making the girl sound like a Bridezilla, Dr. Phil pulled out this chart that showed that on over HALF the decisions, the mom had gotten her way anyway!! The mom kept doing things like going in and changing the centerpieces when her daughter wasn't looking, and trying to make this girl's 'simple, elegant, Winter wedding' into a Christmas wedding. With ALLL the kitch and tackiness.

I kinda got into a fight with my FFI because I'm firmly in the "her day, her way" camp, while he feels it shouldn't be JUST about the bride. That's true, but it still should be something she's happy with, because when it comes right down to it, it's the most important to her over anyone else, yes? Who wants to look at their wedding pictures and feel resentful?

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
41.gif

I take it I was the only one who saw this episode?
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results