shape
carat
color
clarity

Dr. 90210 Season Finale

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
My poor poor Tivo. I have never paused and rewound and then rewatched so many portions of a single show. Let me take you through a couple of the more memorable scenes, in case you haven''t caught this episode yet...

1. Dr. Rey and his wife in his convertible Porsche with their 3 year old daughter in a carseat in the back-- with the TOP DOWN!!! Hope he''s a safe driver.

2. After Dr. Diamond proposes to his girlfriend (with a gorgeous ring, I must add)- she is describing how she depicts the rest of her life with him...kids and pets, etc...with a completely emotionless expression on her face.

3. Dr. Diamond speaks about how he is looking forward to the rest of his life in this order: 1. expanding his practice 2. being a good doctor and learning new procedures and #3, getting married and "seeing where it goes". She must have given him a major ultimatem- not that I''m surprised, in every episode, she not-so discretly threatens moving back to the east coast if things don''t "progress".

4. After one of Dr. Rey''s "hot" patients gets a tummy tuck and a boob job, she is modeling her new body and clothes to her husband, who is sitting in a chair, spread-eagle, with his "package" (shall we say) clearly outlined by his shorts. It''s just one of those things that your eyes naturally go to, and you are so disgusted, but you keep looking at it (or replaying it on my Tivo in my case).

And the best scene (also the worst because I felt so badly for her):
5. Dr. Rey''s wife had a breast biopsy for some lumps, and she was sitting on his lap as they called the doctor for the pathology reports. Fortunately, the biopsy was negative- Dr. Rey was emotional for about 1/2 second afterwards, but then his cell phone rang, "I''ve got a patient on the table" and practically threw his wife off his lap and ran out of his office and shut the door, leaving only her and an awkward pause. She so needs to file for divorce, no amount of counseling can help this situation.

Did I miss anything?

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
lilyinct...I cannot agree more....and no you did not miss anything!

I saw this episode and the point where his wife went to him (instead of him being with her) to hear the news of her biopsy because she didn't want to be alone...then hearing the news , him saying he could not live without her then practically pushing her away to go to the operating room without so much as an 'I love you I am so glad it's negative'....it was awful. What a jerk. I hate to stereotype but talk about male chauvinist Brazilian male!

He just seems so slimy - he's always calling women "beautiful" , "gorgeous" or "you look so hot and sexy" instead of 'the operation was a success I am very pleased with the results!' CREEPY!!

Oh and Dr Diamond (how appropriate!) popping the question.....can you say her diamond is huge!? I have visions of it being dull because he seemed to go to a bucket shop and haggled rather than check the c's!

Why is this show so fascinating!
23.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
OMG- you are right on.

Poor, Poor Mrs Rey. He just left her hanging there.

Sunni79

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/3/2005 8:38:24 PM
Author:lilyinct
My poor poor Tivo. I have never paused and rewound and then rewatched so many portions of a single show. Let me take you through a couple of the more memorable scenes, in case you haven''t caught this episode yet...

1. Dr. Rey and his wife in his convertible Porsche with their 3 year old daughter in a carseat in the back-- with the TOP DOWN!!! Hope he''s a safe driver.

2. After Dr. Diamond proposes to his girlfriend (with a gorgeous ring, I must add)- she is describing how she depicts the rest of her life with him...kids and pets, etc...with a completely emotionless expression on her face.

3. Dr. Diamond speaks about how he is looking forward to the rest of his life in this order: 1. expanding his practice 2. being a good doctor and learning new procedures and #3, getting married and ''seeing where it goes''. She must have given him a major ultimatem- not that I''m surprised, in every episode, she not-so discretly threatens moving back to the east coast if things don''t ''progress''.

4. After one of Dr. Rey''s ''hot'' patients gets a tummy tuck and a boob job, she is modeling her new body and clothes to her husband, who is sitting in a chair, spread-eagle, with his ''package'' (shall we say) clearly outlined by his shorts. It''s just one of those things that your eyes naturally go to, and you are so disgusted, but you keep looking at it (or replaying it on my Tivo in my case).

And the best scene (also the worst because I felt so badly for her):
5. Dr. Rey''s wife had a breast biopsy for some lumps, and she was sitting on his lap as they called the doctor for the pathology reports. Fortunately, the biopsy was negative- Dr. Rey was emotional for about 1/2 second afterwards, but then his cell phone rang, ''I''ve got a patient on the table'' and practically threw his wife off his lap and ran out of his office and shut the door, leaving only her and an awkward pause. She so needs to file for divorce, no amount of counseling can help this situation.

Did I miss anything?
That''s for the recap! I would like to have seen memorable scene number 4
2.gif
. Perhaps I''ll catch a rerun. Dr. Rey is a jerk. I would feel very uncomfortable if a dr. who has seen me naked,told me how "hot and sexy" I am.
32.gif
. I would probably leave. Dr. Diamond seems nice but there is something about him...I can''t put my finger on it but he just seems a little off to me.

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
I mentioned Dr. Rey''s bizarre behavior in another thread. How can he get away with this? Most health professionals would fear someone would sue them for sexual misconduct if they acted like he does, and yet he exhibits this behavior right on national television. Geeze, who does he think he is?

Christine, I agree, I would feel VERY uncomfortable around someone like him.
32.gif

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/4/2005 8:35:34 AM
Author: Feydakin
Isn''t Dr. Rey''s job to make people ''hot and sexy''? I mean, my dentist tells me how good my teeth are, I''m not sure I see the difference..

Also, remember that these shows are edited for drama.. They may not be 100% accurate depictions of how people are in real life.. But then you knew that and weren''t just taking everything on TV at face value, right??
Hmmm - a tad condesceding don''t you think?!

I think we all know about editing on tv shows (especially reality tv shows) but when week in week out he comes out with these statements whilst holding the woman''s breasts there is a line . There is also the issue of the tone he uses.

There is a big difference between teeth and breasts. But then you know that right?
Since you don''t have any breasts (I am making an assumption here since I don''t take everything at face value!) I will allow you the benefit of the doubt!
41.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
whatever happened to Dr. Li (name?), I remembered she had some abnormal cells on her cervix, and she was having some procedures done to have them removed. Her and her husband wanted to have a baby but couldn''t until her Pap came back normal...was that very long ago?? I haven''t seen it in awhile and I do not watch it regularly so I don''t know if that was a repeat or not. For all I know she could have 3 kids by now! lol Someone fill me in!

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Dr. Li (or whatever her name is) announced she was pregnant at a gathering of friends and family.

I''ve only seen the show a few times (I need a Tivo!), and Dr. Rey cracks me up, what with his sleeveless scrubs and his starter-comb over. He seems to do a good job with most of his procedures, but his boobs are not good, I think the goal should be bigger yet natural looking, and all of his clients end up looking like strippers.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2005 12:45:07 PM
Author: Feydakin
Actualy, I have rather full and volumptuous, some even say hot and seksay, man boobs.. But you probably didn''t want to know that either..
9.gif

And no, not condesending at all.. It''ll be pretty obvious when I''m being condesending.. I was under the impression that many women choose to have breast augmentation to look and feel better and improve their own self image.. Having your doctor reaffirm that is all part of the process, don''t you think??
I think what most women find disturbing about Dr. Rey''s saying the girls look "hot" or "sexy" or "like a **** star"
6.gif
is the sexual connotation that goes along with it. A better choice of words would be you look "great", look "lovely", or even you look like a "movie star". I work for a dentist and there is definately a difference in telling a patient that their teeth look beautiful, and telling a patient that their teeth make them look "hot". Even if a dentist did say his female patients teeth were "sexy" there''s a big difference. Teeth aren''t considered a sexual part of the body since a smile is visible to anyone who looks at your face. I think a male doctor using sexual terms to describe how good his female patient''s private parts look (or vice versa) is unprofessional and would certainly make me feel very uncomfortable if I were one of them. Especially if he were saying things like that while touching my breasts.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2005 5:26:16 PM
Author: MrsFrk
Dr. Li (or whatever her name is) announced she was pregnant at a gathering of friends and family.

I''ve only seen the show a few times (I need a Tivo!), and Dr. Rey cracks me up, what with his sleeveless scrubs and his starter-comb over. He seems to do a good job with most of his procedures, but his boobs are not good, I think the goal should be bigger yet natural looking, and all of his clients end up looking like strippers.
Thanks for the update MrsFrk!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Okay ya''ll have me intreasted....so I am watching the show now. It is a pretty princess cut set into a platnium pave band....yes please. Now I am watching for the rest of what ya''ll said. So far the only odd thing about Dr. Rey is the odd scrub shirts, where are the sleves? I grew up around docs and I have never seen the modified scrub shirts....
40.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results