shape
carat
color
clarity

Downtown Austin Texas... need ideas!!!

chris_lemke

Rough_Rock
Ok, I have finally secured the right ring and now onto the proposal... I was going to plan something in the next couple of months but then I just realized that we are going on a trip next weekend to downtown Austin Texas for a friend’s birthday. This would be an awesome location to get engaged but I have no idea how to go about it. We are going down for 1 night and we will be there with some of our closest friends.

Does anyone have any ideas you could throw out there for me. I thought about a couple of things like; there is a mountain (yes a mountain in Texas) that offers a breath taking panoramic view of Austin and I think this would be great. The only thing that concerns me is my girlfriend is not much of an outdoors girl so it would be horrible if she gets upset that I took her for a hike, but I think the view and the pictures later would be worth it.

I would have 2 really good buddies with me and their girlfriends. What do you think I could do to make this proposal amazing for my special lady?

Thanks, I look forward to reading your responses!

Mount Bonnell.jpg

chris_lemke

Rough_Rock
Need ideas!!!

Hello,

I have had no ideas come up and I am almost out of time being that the proposal will be in 4 days. Does anyone out there know how I can pull this thing off and not make it corny or lame.

Thanks again,

Chris

slg47

Ideal_Rock
hey, just saw this. mt bonnell is not that much of a hike but if shes not into hiking then that might not be the best idea. also it can be crowded...the views are great though! what about going to a special restaurant or something, do you have plans for dinner? laguna gloria is beautiful also (art museum/grounds), you could check out their website.

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
What about the Botanical Gardens around Zilker Park? My boss at work was proposed to there, not sure what it would look like this time of year though.

bertg16

Rough_Rock
Similar to the sunset at the oasis idea, you could do a sunset cruise on Lake Travis and do it then. That was something I'm considering, but it won't be until the fall until I do.

briolette

Shiny_Rock
What about taking her to the Blanton Museum?

It's off of MLK, near the UT campus which has a bunch of other museums including an imax theater. There's a small lowkey cafe located across from there with a nice gift shop. Get some lunch, browse the small show and tell her the thing you want most in the world is in the store....then get down on one knee and present her with the ring. Or you could propose in the museum next to a romantic statue.

:)

I'm not outdoorsy either, so I think a trip to mount bonell with mosquitos and such was kinda make me cranky.
PLUS the weather will be in the high 70's.

Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results