shape
carat
color
clarity

Downton Abbey

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Is anyone still watching? I just watched the season 6 finale.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh is it back again? I LOVE LOVE LOVE that show. Thanks for letting me know. I hope we have the new season in the USA. Thanks mayerling!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
It just finished in the UK (the final season, I mean). The last ever episode will be the Christmas special.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw it and cried. I'm so sad about it ending. It seems like that is a lot unfinished. And what happened just didn't seem quite right in many ways. I don't want to post any spoilers for those who don't have it in their country yet, but I'd love a space to talk about it. It's normally me who has to stay away from TV threads because the UK is behind!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
missy said:
Ooh is it back again? I LOVE LOVE LOVE that show. Thanks for letting me know. I hope we have the new season in the USA. Thanks mayerling!

I think it comes back in January.

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Rhea|1447173010|3947823 said:
I saw it and cried. I'm so sad about it ending. It seems like that is a lot unfinished. And what happened just didn't seem quite right in many ways. I don't want to post any spoilers for those who don't have it in their country yet, but I'd love a space to talk about it. It's normally me who has to stay away from TV threads because the UK is behind!

I thought the 'finale' left a little to be desired in terms of the ending, but then realized that there will be a Christmas special :wink2:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is true, most things were wrapped up. It felt a bit rushed though. Spolier below for those non-UK members.

The writers need to give Edith a break. It was a problem partly of her own doing, she had plenty of time to speak up and didn't, but that doesn't stop me from feeling that it's in keeping with time period and her personality that she'd not spit it out easily. She never did quite say yes to that proposal and then gets blamed for not being upfront or trusting when the couple is talking. That's a big thing to trust anyone with in 1926. It completely ruins any of her chance at most marriages if that gets out so it can hardly be taken lightly. Too soon and you've told every potential mate and too late and you're accused of not being honest. I cried when they were all around the breakfast table. Other than that, Mary very quickly went from crying on her grandmother's shoulder about not being a motoring widow again to marrying a racing driver. That felt incredibly rushed.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It felt to me like a big rush to tie up loose ends, but I agree, there are still plenty more to fit in! I'm really hoping the Christmas special is 2 hours long!

As for Edith- are they not setting her up for Gregson to return from the dead??

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good point! I've been waiting for that to happen for years. With the editor quitting and Edith very successfully taking over the magazine I quit waiting. The writers have her in a very good and independent place at the moment, fitting for what's happening socially with women's rights and because she won't inherit the estate.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Somehow I don't see Gregson coming back. I think Bertie will come back though. The way the finale ended, with Edith in the final scene, I think was setting things up for an Edith-based special. After all, there's nothing left for Mary now.

Speaking of Mary, the whole Talbot thing left a lot to be desired, in my opinion. Are they seriously telling us that after 6+ years waiting for Matthew, she's fallen for a race-car driver in the space of a few months? Honestly, nothing could make up for killing Matthew off, but recently I'd begun hoping she and Tom would get together. I thought the two had some chemistry.

Anyway, I'm really sad to see the show go...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMHO, it is about time they call it a day, as some of the story lines are getting a bit tedious.

Looking forward to see the Christmas special/finale.

DK :))

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mayerling|1447846932|3951207 said:
recently I'd begun hoping she and Tom would get together. I thought the two had some chemistry.

Glad it wasn't just me! All the time together and sly little smiles got me wishing and hoping and thinking.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Rhea|1447862463|3951300 said:
recently I'd begun hoping she and Tom would get together. I thought the two had some chemistry.

Glad it wasn't just me! All the time together and sly little smiles got me wishing and hoping and thinking.

I guess it was plainly obvious to everyone except Julian Fellowes.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
mayerling|1447874609|3951388 said:

Really? I didn't see that, at all. In fact, reading this post is the first I even considered it. I think Mary made a good match.

I am still upset she ruined things for Edith. I am hoping she cables Bertie or talks to him and tells him what a marvelous woman Edith is, so she can be with him.

Hoping that the Christmas special shows Anna and Bates happy with their baby. :))

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
rubybeth|1447894721|3951527 said:
mayerling|1447874609|3951388 said:

Really? I didn't see that, at all. In fact, reading this post is the first I even considered it. I think Mary made a good match.

I watched an interview on youtube in which Michelle Dockery and Allen Leech were asked about this very matter as early as part-way through the fourth season.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results