shape
carat
color
clarity

Downloaded Gemadviser-Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, sorry to be a pest. I have searched the threads for Gemadviser to see if I could figure this out. I downloaded it, now I can''t find it! I''m totally illiterate when it comes to this type stuff. It''s probably something simple I have to do. All I want to do is plug in the numbers I have for an emerald cut diamond. Can anyone guide this poor soul??

Thank you!
1.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
KBerly, I'm afraid you cannot use GemAdviser to "plug" the numbers. GemAdviser is similar to Adobe Acrobat Reader - it only reads the files that were saved by DiamCalc.

The best way to use DiamCalc for emerald (or any other fancy) shaped diamond is to get its 3D Sarin scan. If you can get it, I can help you with the rest
1.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Leonid, should I just download Diamcalc, I think I did earlier today. Just not sure how to execute it (I downloaded both the thingys under the diamcalc link). Hopefully, that's what I needed to do!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Leonid, do I get this through the dealer?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi KBerly,

If you are looking to open up the .gem file I made for ya here's what you do.

Download and install the Gem Advisor program at this link. http://www.pricescope.com/MSU/gadviser.asp.

Once you do that open the program and open the sample file that comes with it and play with the buttons.
1.gif
When you do this Windows will associate all .gem files with the program.

THEN open the file I posted for you and you'll be able to play.

Hope that helps.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Rhino! Disregard my post in Rocky Talk!!!
1.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't like the results Rhino...all the samples make me think I should get a RB! Are those results the norm for ECs just because they're not as brilliant? Or is it possible to get a better score on the light return mono/stereo than good-poor? The diamond is a 1B on AGA, I thought the results on the GemAdviser would be a little better, no? Also the carat weight on my file KBerly01GEM.gem is 1.94 and not the 2.087 the Megascope says, and some of the other numbers are off a tad. Is that normal? This GemAdviser thing is sooo cool, I'm going to keep playing
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results