shape
carat
color
clarity

Down to the final TWO settings! Please help me decide! Pics in included

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
The first setting is 18K white gold and has a matching wedding band that I do not have a picture of. It''s made by a local jeweler. Here''s a top view.

Topviewof1.JPG

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a side view of the ering. The wedding band has diamonds on it and has a little heart where the little diamond is on the side of the band.

sideviewof1.JPG

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
This is a picture of the Coast platinum engagement ring we''re looking at.

Coastengagement.jpg

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a pic of the matching Coast wedding band in platinum

Coastwedding.jpg

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
And finally here is a picture of the Coast ering and wedding band together. They''re not locked in, but when they lock in they fit perfectly :)

Coast set.jpg

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
These setting are very lovely, and very similar. Besides the metal, what are the differences between the two? Does one have a larger tcw of side stones? The main side stones on the Coast setting look larger those on the first setting. Is there a large difference in price? I really like the profile view of the crown/prongs for the first one. Does the coast setting have a similar crown/prongs profile?

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
The side stones are a bit larger on the Coast band. There is a difference in price, because the Coast is platinum and brand name. However, we did find a diamond we adored at the same place with the Coast setting and one advantage of that is we would get everything done at the same local jeweler.

Also, the Coast setting has a similar profile view, the difference is the non-coast one has tiny diamond chips in it and the Coast one does not. We did note that the coast set fit together a bit better than the none-coast setting.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 1st setting a bit better because the proportions of the centre stone and side stones look a bit better to me. What size will your stone be?

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Probably between .75 carat. The Coast setting is actually more proportional when a .75 or .82 carat is placed in. I believe the picture is a carat or so.

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
I like the coast one.
18.gif

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the input! Anyone else?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the Coast one as well!

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
I like the coast one aswell

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I like the second one including the matching band.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all opinions thus far!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The coast - Its very pretty. I''m having a real hard time seeing the details on the first one so I''m not sure if thats why
I like the second one better.
40.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi treasure :)

love the coast ring - not fond of the first ring. like everyone else, i much prefer the proportions of the second ring. and it seems a little more solid looking to me, which i''d prefer.

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results