shape
carat
color
clarity

Down to final two settings. Pics inside! Please help LIW!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
I am having trouble choosing between two settings. This first one is 18K white gold by a local jeweler. Here is a top view.

topviewoffirst.JPG

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a side pic of the same ring. There''s a matching wedding band which has a small heart where the diamond shape is. It also has diamond chips in it. However this set doesn''t fit together as well as the second set. I don''t have a pic of the wedding band for this.

sideviewofnumber1.JPG

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
This is the second setting. It''s by Coast. It''s platinum. The side has a similar side to the first setting but there are no diamond chips and there is a heart instead of a diamond shape.

Coastengagement1.jpg

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
This is the matching wedding band for the Coast setting.

Coastwedding1.jpg

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
This is the set together. They fit together much more perfectly when locked together in person as opposed to in the pic. My diamond will probably be about .75 which looks proportional.

Coast set2.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote #1. But that''s because I don''t like hearts and I like the diamond shape on the side. It''s more unique.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Freke--the first one looks a little less "cutesy" to me--more classic.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree that between the two, the first one looks less cutesy. Of course, that might be a selling point for you, if that''s what you like
1.gif

They are VERY VERY similar... I had to look back and forth several times before I could see a difference. So really, just choose the one you love more (that''s never the wrong answer).

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
After thinking about this for a little bit and going back and forth between the images. I agree with the general consensus. I like number 1, but there''s something about the way that you talk about number two that makes me think that''s the one you love. You "stick up" for it a bit more. If that''s how you do feel, and I''m not just pulling stuff out of thin air, then by all means go with that one.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
I love them both, but perhaps I am a bit partial to the second one. I put it on and it was unique yet classy. However, I love the other one as well.

summertime

Shiny_Rock
I prefer the proportions of #2, but they are both beautiful. Can''t go wrong either way!

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
I vote the second one
9.gif

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
I personally like the first setting, but than again, i would like it, its kinda of like the ring i want

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
If I had to choose, I''d take the first one too. I have a feeling you might outgrow the second set very quickly and being that it''s platinum you may be reluctant to reset it as soon as you may like to.

HTH,

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Tough call! I love the second one, but that is because it has a slightly lower profile. It is a more common setting as I have seen it before, and I have not seen the first one anywhere. So hmmmmmm.... Was that decisive enough for you?

ETA: I also like the two tone of the second setting, it makes it pop a little more. OK, I concede, the second one it is for my vote!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 8:36:07 PM
Author: Treasure43
I love them both, but perhaps I am a bit partial to the second one. I put it on and it was unique yet classy. However, I love the other one as well.

there you go! #2 it is!
they are both very pretty!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Well I like the first one more, but that''s because I''m not crazy about the wedding band. However, this is your wedding set, so if you are partial to one, that is the one you should buy.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
They''re both lovely settings! I see why you''re stuck lol!

adhesive

Shiny_Rock
If I had to choose, I''d go with #1, hands down. It just looks so much nicer and more unique. It seems like a ring that would look less cheesy and out of style in 50 years than the other one does.
But it''s a decision that ONLY you can make - and I think you already know which one you''re in love with :)

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
I guess the additional problem is that I want the diamond from the place where the second setting is.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I vote #2 because I adore the hearts of the sides, and the quality of Coast settings is really nice.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 6:32:28 PM
Author: Treasure43
I guess the additional problem is that I want the diamond from the place where the second setting is.

Many people buy a diamond from one place and a setting from another. BF and I will. Sure, it''s easier to get them both at the same place, but it''s usually not a huge hassle. It might be more trouble if you have to ship something, though. Just make sure to have the jeweler who sells the stone set the diamond.

Ok, that aside, just get whatever YOU want. Do you have to decide soon, or can you wait a bit to decide what you really like?

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
We''re looking at buying both from local jewelers but I''m beginning to be not as sure of the jeweler the first setting comes from because of the diamond he showed me today. He just seems slightly desperate to make a sale. Which makes me wonder of the quality of the settings.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto on the Coast setting being good quality and it is certainly a classic design. But I honestly hate the matching wedding band. I''d go with either a straight engraved band or a diamond band. I''d much rather have a gap than a curved wedding band.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results