color
clarity

Don't you hate it when........ game.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Keep it fun please!
My first entry:
Don't you hate it when... spell check changes what you typed into a word you have never even heard of before?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’re making something from a box mix and put the box in recycling before looking at the baking times, so you have to dig it back out.

You go to get a snack and realize your teenage son has either eaten all of it or left two chips in the bag.

You automatically wake up on days you don’t need to and need to drag yourself out of bed all the other days.

You go to make dinner and realize you are missing an important ingredient so you have to run to the store for one thing.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband doesn’t put his shoes on the shoe rack in the laundry room.
My husband leaves the toilet seat up..
My husband puts his dish in the sink after dinner without running water in it..I have to then soak it because whatever was in it is concrete at this point..
See a pattern?
My husband is retiring in two weeks..We are going to have issues..I’m not perfect either but better than him...:lol:
He would say he hates when I talk so much..:lol-2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are looking at a beautiful ring on eBay, but the photos show it on a gross fake rubbery hand. Creeps me out!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You get a song stuck in your head and it's a terrible song.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You spend an ungodly amount of time standing on the back porch in the freezing cold calling the dogs to come back in... only to eventually give up and find them sitting on FRONT porch looking in the door to be let in!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You go downstairs to get something, but when you get there, you can't remember what it was, so you have to go back upstairs to jog your memory.
(Everything is in our basement-- our pantry, our spare fridge, our upright freezer, all my craft stuff, my husband's workbench, out of season clothes and of course the laundry.)

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
My husband doesn’t put his shoes on the shoe rack in the laundry room.
My husband leaves the toilet seat up..
My husband puts his dish in the sink after dinner without running water in it..I have to then soak it because whatever was in it is concrete at this point..
See a pattern?
My husband is retiring in two weeks..We are going to have issues..I’m not perfect either but better than him...:lol:
He would say he hates when I talk so much..:lol-2:

Our husbands MUST be related!!! :doh:
Mine retired a couple years ago from the Fire Department where he worked 24 hour shifts. It was tough for a while!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The fridge in the garage won't keep anything cold and the fridge in the kitchen is freezing everything and the new fridge will be here sometime this year and the repairman for the other fridge is lost in space.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The fridge in the garage won't keep anything cold and the fridge in the kitchen is freezing everything and the new fridge will be here sometime this year and the repairman for the other fridge is lost in space.

Our fridge just died in the garage…I wonder if there are special refrigerators that work better in the garage in the cold of winter and blazing heat in summer. I relied on having the extra storage..

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Our fridge just died in the garage…I wonder if there are special refrigerators that work better in the garage in the cold of winter and blazing heat in summer. I relied on having the extra storage..
yea they make garage rated fridges and freezers.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Great!!! I’ll check it out! Thanks!!
If you just need the freezer then get a non-frost free chest freezer that's garage rated.
Food lasts much longer in a non-frost free and a chest freezer is more efficient than a vertical.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you just need the freezer then get a non-frost free chest freezer that's garage rated.
Food lasts much longer in a non-frost free and a chest freezer is more efficient than a vertical.

I need the refrigerator too..not just the freezer. We have a sub zero fridge that we installed in the new kitchen. It was built into the cabinets. It’s not as big as it looks from the outside. When we redid the kitchen we kept the old refrigerator and put it in the garage. It lasted ten years for us. In the winter things got a little frozen in the refrigerator because the garage got so cold. I mainly put things in that would be okay to freeze a little..In the summer the freezer worked fine but the refrigerator was mainly used for drinks. Thanks Karl!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our fridge just died in the garage…I wonder if there are special refrigerators that work better in the garage in the cold of winter and blazing heat in summer.

There are garage-ready fridges and that's what I ordered. I had no idea such a thing existed until the sales rep mentioned it. The fridge that died is a 20yr old Frigidaire. Things have changed, lol. I don't expect the new one to last as long as the old.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are garage-ready fridges and that's what I ordered. I had no idea such a thing existed until the sales rep mentioned it. The fridge that died is a 20yr old Frigidaire. Things have changed, lol. I don't expect the new one to last as long as the old.

I didn’t know there were garage-ready fridges until now. What brand did you get? I knew I was old when I started saying they don’t make things like they used to! :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

... not if you lay the vertical fridge on its back, then hang from the ceiling to open its doors. :tongue:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I knew I was old when I started saying they don’t make things like they used to! :lol:

LOL. It's a GE, about $800. I didn't want a large one and didn't do any research since I have no faith it'll last, especially if it's made during the pandemic. I needed something quick and relatively cheap. The thing that really irked me is that I also wanted to replace the trash compactor. They cost nearly twice as much as much the fridge for something that has less working parts. Ugh. And, mine is built in -- 12" wide -- and the new ones are 15" inches wide. There are a few 12" still made but all are out of stock for the foreseeable future. Ugh again and DAMN COVID. Ugh thrice.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Actually there are - we bought a Kenmore refrig for the garage when the old one died. This was specifically made for the garage - something about adjusting to temperature changes better. Maybe it is like organic fruit - is it really or did it just get that sticker and higher price?

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
When you put on new socks, then step in a sink-slosh puddle in the kitchen!
Drat!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
more insulation and bigger coils and maybe better bearings to handle the larger temp range

I guess - hubby believed it so there you go! The last one lasted for years so not sure how you would compare!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. You buy a lovely new red knee length straight skirt for work and the first time you wear it you discover, while trying to board the bus, that it’s too straight and tight so you can’t raise your leg up to the first step to get on the bus. So you have to “bunny hop” up the step to board while the bus driver has dissolved in laughter and EVERYONE on the bus is looking at you wondering what on earth was so funny!
2. When you are heading off to a job interview and while waiting at the bus stop a big bird shi** in your hair, a huge one, and it runs from your hair down your face so you have to go back home to re wash your hair and reapply makeup AND you have to LIE about why you need to reschedule your interview because the truth is too unbelievable!
3. When you running along in bare feet and flared jeans and you suddenly “bite the pavement” because somehow you have managed to catch a big toe in the other Jean leg and it’s tripped you up AND apart from the embarrassment you have also dislocated said toe.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When a commercial you can’t stand is playing every time you turn on the radio.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results