shape
carat
color
clarity

Don''t want my GM in pink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bride_to_be

Rough_Rock
minor problem: My colors for the wedding are a nice rose pink and a cream white. Everything is going smoothly but I relized that those colors created a problem. When it came to picking out tux, They placed my fiance in white to match my dress and the groomsmen in the rose pink for the tie and vest. I came out ok with that idea, and the GM where ok with it also, but i started thinking about it, and I really really don''t want pink on the guys.
It''s too late to incorporate other colors into the wedding, and it wouldn''t work out for the GM to be in white..... So that is my problem. any ideas on how the GM could be in a different color and still match the rest of the wedding?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Black would be a logical choice, but I'd imagine you could choose a wine/maroon, too.

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
i''d go with silver. it''s still a classic look and will complement the rose color well.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
What about a nice dove grey? It''s very traditional.

Personally I''m not too fussed on matchy things, so although FI and his team will all wear classic black morning suit, grey waistcoats and grey/black striped trousers I''ve said they can wear whatever colour tie or cravat they like - although I may have a couple with me in case someone thinks this is the occasion for their Simpson''s tie or flower power. Can you tell I''m a control freak?
31.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 7:35:47 PM
Author: novia

i''d go with silver. it''s still a classic look and will complement the rose color well.
agree.
Silver goes great with the rose/pink.

E B

Ideal_Rock
What about the groom in white, and the GM in black? If you wanted to tie the pink in, have them wear pink bouts.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
And don''t forget you don''t have to have him in a vest and a tie and a bout in pink...........just one of those would work very nicely. In fact, we might just to the tie and the bout ourselves :) or maybe just the bout. who knows............

the silver idea is very nice too!! silver vest and tie and pink bout :)

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Silver. Or champange would also great.

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
I agree with everyone, I think that silver would look wonderful or that champagne would do just as well -- Both are nice neutral colors that almost never clash with anything and also are very classic looking

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 11:11:36 PM
Author: EBree
What about the groom in white, and the GM in black? If you wanted to tie the pink in, have them wear pink bouts.
I like this idea best as well.

tanyak

Shiny_Rock
I agree with the silver. My BM dresses wore indigo blue, but they didn't have any vests and ties in the right shade. We went with silver, which was nice because it blended with the BM shoes (strappy silver sandals). The champagne also sounds nice.

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think you need to match the GMs to the BMs. It''s not a prom, after all! It''s your wedding. Go with classic black tuxes and white or cream vests/accessories. You can help FH stand out by giving him different colored bout or something. The GMs can have blush bouts, he can have a white one--for example.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results