shape
carat
color
clarity

Dont settle on price! I saved 750$ from BlueNile

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vedderboy

Rough_Rock
With much help from this awesome site, I found a great oval stone on BlueNile.com. I called and had it placed on hold.

I used ProceScopes search tool, and found my EXACT stone listed on other sites. FOR FAR LESS money!!

I called BlueNile, they confirmed this, and gave it to me for the lowest advertised price, saving me enough to pay for a great platinum setting (and then some!!)

Moral of the story, PriceScope helped me a great deal from picking a stone, to making sure I didnt get hosed on the price! The equalizing factor between dealer and consumer is education. For me that was PriceScope and the wonderful people that responded to my posts. Thank you so much!

Dont be afraid to inquire about price. Dont be afraid to buy online.

Marc

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Great post! Enjoy your diamond. :)

curious rock

Rough_Rock
Hi,

It actually happened to me also. I purchased a diamond 1.07 carat, J, VS1 from Blue Nile as wel,l for $4428. I found the same diamond having exactly the same measurements here in price scope for 4090. I called up Blue Nile, told them about the price I found from dirtcheapdiamonds.com through price scope and hety gave me the credit for the difference, $338.

Thank you price scope for not only educating me about diamonds but actually saving me money as well. Also I would like to thank the experts here who readily give out their unbiased opinions.

THANK YOU!!!!:appl:

virginia1

Rough_Rock
How close in stats did your lower price diamond have to be in order for Blue Nile to match the price? Did it have to be exact down to the Table/depth percentages, or just the 4 C's? Thanks!

curious rock

Rough_Rock
It has to match exactly what is in the GIA report down to the stone's measurement.

starfish

Rough_Rock
Marc,
I, too, just purchased a stone from Blue Nile (should get tomorrow). Anyway, I have used every search engine I know about to look for this particular stone, to no avail. Got any advice?
Dana

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Blue Nile stocks (owns) some stones. If you are buying one of these, you won't find it in the search engine, unless it was there before Blue Nile bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results