shape
carat
color
clarity

Doing a second proposal corny ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eyesoftexas

Shiny_Rock
We are about to celebrate our 10th anniversary. I am taking my wife to Maui and I am going to give her a new Lucida diamond ring. My wife is a big feeler emotional type and I am always looking for nice things to do. I wanted to tell her that I would marry her all over again and I was thinking about giving her the ring in a proposal style somewhere on the beach. Most guys at work said I was nuts and a few of the females looked puzzled. I work at a hard core engineering company so that may explain some of it. What do the more normal humans on this board think?

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
I think that idea is so sweet!!! I think your wife would be so touched if you did it again.
love.gif

Don't let your co-workers talk you out of it...I think you would make your wife feel so loved and special. Please do it!
appl.gif

Good luck! And do keep me posted on what you end up doing.

-Sarah
1.gif

Cookiedough

Rough_Rock
I think it's what every woman dreams of around their 10th anniversary. Good for you, you sound like you know what a marriage is about. You should probably go all the way and renew your vows too! She'll be swept off her feet.....again.
appl.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Do it! Do it!

I know exactly what you mean by 'hard-core engineer types'. From what I hear, it is a very tough work environment requiring thick skin to take all the verbal sparring.
So don't let them influence you on this.
I know more than one 'tough' engineer who is a total softy and romantic at heart.

It is a very appealing combination in a man, so be glad you have it, and go for the gusto in Maui!
Love makes the world go round.

Do it!!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Why are engineers given this bad rap?
rolleyes.gif
My guy's studied engineering...am I doomed?
6.gif

Listen, engineer or not that is one of the sweetest things I have ever heard! Go for it! Who cares what's corney, WE don't live with you, neither do you co-workers...YOUR WIFE DOES!!!
9.gif

Listen, even is she likes Elvis, and you dressed up like him and serenaded her (sounds corney to me!) if SHE liked it, wouldn't you do it? We all do things for your loves, even when it's silly or out of character, just to make them smile. Trust me she'll smile at this proposal, hell I am will to bet she'll be bawling!!!
9.gif
love.gif

Good luck and let us know if she says yes!!!
9.gif
naughty.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Mine did in the exact same fashion as when he initially proposed 20+ years ago. It's a sweet thought.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
I love my engineer.

But if I had to endure what he does at work, I'd curl up and die.
eek.gif

They seem to be competitive & outright aggressive compared to the office dynamics where I am.
I think we are more passive-aggressive and manipulative here.
2.gif

I am told it's mostly all in good fun.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
If your wife is a more emotional type, that would melt her heart. You have spent 10 years together, I would love to know that in 10 years my guy still would do it all over again...that's the best compliment ever.
2.gif
I would definitely plan something cute and fun for the moment!
1.gif

angela

Rough_Rock
Uh-oh Nicrez - coincidence that both of our guys are engineers, and both are witholding much desired sparklies? (ha ha!)
2.gif
(although mine's not quite finished, but he said he was going to!)

Seriously - I would LOVE if my guy did something this romantic at any time, let alone in 10 years. She will look at you with tears of joy and will remember how special you make her feel and why she married you in the first place!
saint.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Those darn engineers like manipulating feelings!!! Waaaaaa
cry.gif

Ok, had to let that out. Honestly, something that will truly touch her heart like that is amazing. Most people get used to someone and forget to say just how much they really mean to them. It's like people who stop looking at each other because they think they know their face. When they stop for a moment to look, th can see things that they just didn't remember.

OK, I know this is corny, but how about a dinner during that trip where you literally, get to know her all over again...ask her about her dreams, and the goals, and what things she best remembers about her life so far...tell her that truly you love the woman she was, and you love the woman she's become....Ok, I better stop, I think I am getting teary eyed!!/idealbb/images/smilies/sick.gif');" height=15 alt="Insert smilie
sick.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/sick.gif" width="15 border=0"> ..../idealbb/images/smilies/cry.gif....

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I think this is a fabulous idea. What a special way to commemorate ten years together! I think she'll love it!

eyesoftexas

Shiny_Rock
Wow,
Thank You all for replying - you have reconfirmed that I am doing a wonderful thing. I am going to go all out and melt that heart and show her how I feel even after these ten awesome years. I am getting a dinner catered on what I hope is a secluded beach on S. Maui and from there.....

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a newlywed (we just celebrated our one year anniversary last week) I certainly hope that we still have the same love and passion that you two have after ten years. It's so wonderful to hear about loving couples who have been together for so long. Thanks for the inspiration!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, hardcore engineering firm - macho toughguys by day, total sweeties by night. Through girltalk at office functions, I've heard about some of the sweet things my coworkers have done for their wives and girlfriends. But they would never in a million years admit to any of it to the other guys at the office.
9.gif

jackieblue

Rough_Rock
Hey, I am married to a romantic engineer too. The *do* exist.
1.gif

I just wanted to join the chorus of "Do it, do it!!" What a sweet, romantic, loving gesture. Good for you and for her!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Engineers are handy around the house, too!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results