shape
carat
color
clarity

Doggie Prayers Needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
I was hoping to ask all you animal lovers out there to say a prayer for my dog Lexie. She is an 11 year old yellow lab who has been the best dog in the world to me. She has been suffering from hip dysplasia and well pain meds only go so far. So today I have decided to let her go in peace and scheduled to have her travel across the rainbow until I am able to meet her again. So next wednesday will be her last day with us. So until then she will be feed steaks and whatever her little heart desires. Plus we will be doing it in our back yard so it will be nice and peaceful for her.

This is such a rough decision and my heart is breaking but i know it is best for her. I just can''t imagine not coming home and seeing her. I know there are others on this forum that have gone through it as well and i just want to send her up to heaven with as much prayer power as possible.

Thanks for your prayers in advance.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beanie, I will be sending out my strongest thoughts and prayers, I am so desperately sorry....

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I love that you are spoiling her for the next week. She will love all the extra attention. Doggie prayers your way.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Oh sweetie, I am so very sorry. I can only imagine how tough this must be. It is so sweet that you are spoiling her this week-give her some love from us here. And hugs to you!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry
7.gif
Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way, try and enjoy the time you have left with her.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I cannot even imagine what you are going through, how sad for you and your family. We are here to support you!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Beanie, I am so sorry you are going through this. My heart goes out to you. I''ll keep both of you in my thoughts. Feed her a treat for me pls!?!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I almost cried reading your thread.I am one of those people who like animals better than people, and missed school for 3 days crying because my hamster died.

I am SO sorry to hear about your baby. I absolutely adore yellow labs, they have such amazing personalities and they''re so loyal. It''s going to be a real loss when he passes,be happy she lived a long, full life for a lab! Just try and remember all of the amazing experiences you had with her, and how much love she gave you.

Just remember to spoil the CRAP out of her for her remaining days, and she''ll go remembering how much you loved her.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saying prayers for Lexie. Please try to take some comfort from the knowledge that you are doing the kindest thing for her.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Beanie, I am so sorry; I had a half lab/golden that I had to let go many years back ago, but I still miss my sweet dog. I will say my strongest prayers for you sweetie and you did the right thing for her.

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
Ladies! I deeply appreciate your thoughts and prayers. It means alot and it makes me feel better about my decision, while it still isnt easy. My boyfriend picked up some "good girl" food as we fondly call it, the wet food and gave her some at lunch with her pain meds.

I talked to some neighbors and we are going to have a party for her. I am going to pick up some steaks and we are going to get the doggies together and send her off celebrating. There are 3 of us neighbors who have dogs and it is like a dog park when we all get together.

No worries she will be spoiled like no other dog this week and Dragonfly many MANY treats will be fed on your behalf!

I have attached a gathering of my furbabies.. She is top right. My beloved Lexie-doodle

my babes.jpg

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
Elledizzy ~ thank you for putting it into perspective. While i know she has had a good run and lived a great life. She really has been pretty healthy for a lab. They really are the best dogs... and i know i am bias because all dogs have their own unique personality. I love all my dogs so much but there is something extra special about my lex.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beanie, I am so sorry! Lexie is a beautiful girl and she looks like a real sweetie-pie . . . I know you'll miss her terribly. I can imagine how you must feel because I have three dogs of my own, and I'm dreading the day we have to go through this with them. Big hugs to you, and lots of prayers for Lexie and your family!
7.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 3:50:52 PM
Author: beanie
Elledizzy ~ thank you for putting it into perspective. While i know she has had a good run and lived a great life. She really has been pretty healthy for a lab. They really are the best dogs... and i know i am bias because all dogs have their own unique personality. I love all my dogs so much but there is something extra special about my lex.

No problem, I''m just glad I could help.

I know how it is where you have that ONE animal that really captures your heart just a tad more than the others. You just know once they go, there is no replacing them. But in the same light, that''s what allowed you to love them that little extra bit in the first place. So it''s really bittersweet.

Sounds like she was a great girl. I''ll keep you both in my thoughts.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beanie, my heart goes out to you. Please know how lucky Lexie has been to have you for so many wonderful years. Biggest hugs outgoing.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Oh beanie, I''m so sorry it''s time to let her go, but please know you''re doing the right thing for Lexie. Spoil her all you can with treats, hugs and all that befits a loving pet.

Celebrate her life and let her go in peace!
30.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beanie, I am so heartfully sorry that you''ve had to make this choice. We were in the same position three years ago and it wasn''t easy at all. In fact it was probably the hardest thing I''ve ever done in my life- that was a choice. Our girl was so sick for a year and a half and lived on a variety of meds daily for seven months. Still....... good Lord, it was the hardest decision to make and to carry through.

Your Lexie girl is beautiful and will always be beautiful in your heart and mind. I am so sorry for the pain you''re in now and the pain you will suffer afterwards. Just think of how blessed we''ve been to have these faithful companions in our lives! Many people don''t know or understand the joy that our furbabies'' unconditional love has given us. That, in a way, is even sadder than losing them.

Godspeed dear Lexie! My Brandy girl has told me that the other side of the rainbow is beautiful!!!!
emrainbow.gif

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear about your doggie. I think it''s very sweet that you made her last days as comfortable (and food filled) as possible. *hugs*

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
It''s never easy but I''m glad you get to spend a last week to say goodbye.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
hug.gif
Beanie I''m so sorry to hear about your sweet Lexie. We had a black lab all the while I was growing up, so I''ve always been partial to labs. They have such sweet and gentle souls, I''ve not met one yet who didn''t.

Enjoy the steaks and the doggie party, I think the royal treatment is well deserved.
1237400wqzwintuen.gif

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
((( Beanie ))) ((( Lexie))) I''m so sorry to hear about Lexie and am sending good thoughts and lots of doggie kisses from my pack. I love the idea of having a party for her. Please know you are not in this alone and we are all here for you. As hard as sending her to the bridge is, it is a wonderful gift you will give her by ending her pain.

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Beanie I am so so sorry about your dearest Lexie. She is such a lovely girl. What you wrote about her is so beautiful and loving it brought me to tears. I want to send you hugs and prayers of comfort. Our animal companions really are angels on earth.
39.gif

Mrs.2Artists

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh this is so sad, but what a wonderful life Lexie has had with you. I love the idea of having a party for her, she''ll go out full of love in her heart. Can''t ask for more than that. Bless you and your precious heart Beanie.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beanie, my heart and thoughts are with you and your sweet Lexie. Would you give her an extra big hug and kiss on the nose for me?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Oh honey, what a desperately difficult but incredibly selfless decision you have made for your sweet Lexie. Please know that you are giving her the greatest gift that we can, in love, give our treasured companions - the chance to pass on peacefully and with dignity, surrounded by those they have loved and been loved by their whole lives. I know how heartbreaking and difficult it is, but you have given her a beautiful life, and you are giving her a dignified and peaceful end. Prayers for you and sweet Lexie.

That picture of her is beautiful - you can see what a lovely, special baby she is. And your plan to spoil her and surround her with love and happiness in her last days is the most generous, thoughtful plan I can imagine - you clearly love her deeply. Prayers and comforting thoughts to you both and to your friends and family and neighbors at this difficult time.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
This is always a devastating decision. I am so sorry. ((Hugs)) My prayers go out to you, your family, and Lexie.
39.gif

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Beanie, what an incredibly brave and compassionate person you are. You are the epitomy of a fantastic fur baby mother. I have a 13 year old yellow lab girl that looks exactly like your Lexie and I only hope I can be as brave and selfless when the time comes; which of course it will sooner rather than later. I have two other dogs, but Meg is my first born girl and has seen me through the worst times of my life.

I am thinking of you all and wish Lexie a safe passage into doggy heaven

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear that beanie. She''s an absolute beauty. Spoil her rotten and enjoy every minute that you have with her.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Beanie, I am soooo sorry!!!! I wish you and your family much strength during this difficult time. *Hugs*.

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
Ladies, your thoughts and prayers have overwhelmed me. It is so therapeutic to read all of your responses and know that i am doing the right thing. I was thinking last night that i just couldn''t do it because as i was laying in bed i was thinking this time next week she will not be here with us, but i know in my heart that it is the right thing to do. I laid with her all night and just talked to her and pet her.

Lexie must feel the love and support too because she seemed so at peace last night. She actually told me to say " bark bark ruff ruff ruff" which i looked up online this morning and it translated to say "thank you everyone for your prayers and helping my mamma through this hard time"
1.gif

I know this is long over due because she has been in pain for quite sometime, but as lab owners know they do not show pain and she has been strong for me and now that the pain is to much for her, i need to be strong for her.

Even though i don''t know you ladies, just the thought that you care and are there means the world to us. Again thank you for your thoughts and blessings. My you all be blessed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results