shape
carat
color
clarity

Dog saves stranded sea turtle on New England beach

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
For the Newfie lovers! :wavey:

Giant Newfoundland dogs have been famous for centuries for their rescue of fishermen and the shipwrecked, but earlier this week a young Newfie might have established a rescue first for the breed as she found a stranded sea turtle!

http://news.neaq.org/2016/01/dog-finds-stranded-turtle.html

The Newfoundland, a breed of dog known for rescuing fishermean, spotted the trapped turtle and alerted her owners, Leah and Brad Bares, to the turtle's presence by lying down near the water.

The couple reached out to Mass Audubon Wellfleet Bay volunteer William Gray, who helped them carry the 40- pound turtle to the New England Aquarium sea turtle hospital.

Officials said the turtle would likely not have survived further exposure to the sub 20-degree temperatures experienced at the beach on Monday morning

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2016/01...ew-England-beach/8531452886511/?spt=sec&or=on

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a sweet dog and what a lucky turtle!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockinruby,

What a beautiful story and a beautiful dog! :appl:

Thanks for sharing this with us!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing this wonderful story! Such a gorgeous dog.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1452969836|3976848 said:
What a sweet dog and what a lucky turtle!

it sounds like the turtle didn't have much time left. Good thing the dog alerted that something was wrong. I agree, this dog must be a sweetheart! :wavey:

december-fire said:
Rockinruby,

What a beautiful story and a beautiful dog! :appl:

Thanks for sharing this with us!

I loved this story too! I'm so glad you enjoyed reading about both the dog & turtle! :appl:

springerspaniel said:
Thanks for sharing this wonderful story! Such a gorgeous dog.

I'm glad you liked it. My husband was admiring your doggy avatar earlier this week when I showed it to him. PS members have the cutest dog & cat pictures! :dance:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for the beautiful story, Rockinruby. I love rescue stories and I opened this one with curiosity about what breed of dog had performed the rescue mentioned in the title. This one hit close to home. Not only is my dog a Newfie, but he was bred on Cape Cod by Suzanne Jones. That's just the place where my daughter and I went to pick him up five years ago...in January of 2011. When he came home he refused to sleep inside for three nights. It was 17 degrees outside, but Newfies like it like that. ;))

Thanks again for the good feelings. Deb :wavey:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF said:
Thank you so much for the beautiful story, Rockinruby. I love rescue stories and I opened this one with curiosity about what breed of dog had performed the rescue mentioned in the title. This one hit close to home. Not only is my dog a Newfie, but he was bred on Cape Cod by Suzanne Jones. That's just the place where my daughter and I went to pick him up five years ago...in January of 2011. When he came home he refused to sleep inside for three nights. It was 17 degrees outside, but Newfies like it like that. ;))

When I read that the dog was a Newfie and saw the photo, I immediately thought of you and your handsome lad! :love:

I've really enjoyed seeing the photos you've shared of your special guy. What a love! Thank you!

And I agree with Rockinruby; PS members have the cutest dog and cat photos! And other pets, too. If I recall correctly, Kenny has shared bird photos.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing this beautiful story. I always appreciate stories of kindness to animals. This is especially special when the act is triggered by another animal.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1453002960|3977089 said:

Wow! I can't believe how close your breeder is to that particular area. I was hoping you would see this story since it had a Newfoundland in it. I love seeing pics of your dog! Newbies are such wonderful dogs! :wavey:

december-fire said:
AGBF said:

When I read that the dog was a Newfie and saw the photo, I immediately thought of you and your handsome lad! :love:

I've really enjoyed seeing the photos you've shared of your special guy. What a love! Thank you!

And I agree with Rockinruby; PS members have the cutest dog and cat photos! And other pets, too. If I recall correctly, Kenny has shared bird photos.

Ooooh, I haven't seen any bird photos yet! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
thecat|1453015925|3977161 said:
Thanks for sharing this beautiful story. I always appreciate stories of kindness to animals. This is especially special when the act is triggered by another animal.

Good point about the fact that one animal is helping the other. It's very sweet. Glad you enjoyed it too! :wavey:

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
This is what I love so much about newfs; they are truly gentle giants.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story with us Rockinruby. Beautiful. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results