shape
carat
color
clarity

dog friendly hotels in N. Ca?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! Im not sure if Im posting this in the correct spot, but BWW didnt seem right so..My DH and I eloped in Dec of 08, and had planned to take our honeymoon to hawaii next december. Well, last weekend we left our 2 dogs with my mom overnight,( a dobie and a chug) well, our dobie did NOT do well without us. So now we think it is probably best to take honeymoon quasi-local (is that a word lol). We think perhaps central Ca or N. Ca? Do any of you ladies know of a hotel or anywhere that is dog friendly in those parts? Maybe one that is near a beach? I would sooo love to go to Hawaii, but just cant at the expense of my pooch ya know? thanks for any and all advice.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The Stanford Inn by the Sea in Mendocino is VERY pet-friendly. The Cypress Inn in Carmel-by-the-Sea is owned by Doris Day and also pet-friendly. I think that dogs are allowed (or at least tolerated) to run free on the Carmel beach. I haven''t stayed at either place, but found out about them when doing research for a future trip. Both would seem like great places for a deferred honeymoon that includes your dog. I assume both of these places have the usual pet policy of not leaving your dog unattended in the room so you''d have to plan around that.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 2:34:18 PM
Author: rainwood
The Stanford Inn by the Sea in Mendocino is VERY pet-friendly. The Cypress Inn in Carmel-by-the-Sea is owned by Doris Day and also pet-friendly. I think that dogs are allowed (or at least tolerated) to run free on the Carmel beach. I haven''t stayed at either place, but found out about them when doing research for a future trip. Both would seem like great places for a deferred honeymoon that includes your dog. I assume both of these places have the usual pet policy of not leaving your dog unattended in the room so you''d have to plan around that.
Most of the hotels in Carmel are pet friendly. It''s a dog-centric town! There are even restaurants that have doggie menus and doggie dishes etc. Quite a few actually! The Doris Day hotel has pet sitting services. But in Pacific Grove we stayed at some cottages (includes kitchen etc) right across from the beach and they had no issues with leaving the dog in the cottage. It was cheaper than staying in a hotel too. Use Yelp or Trip Advisor to find reviews on some of them.

In San Francisco, the Triton is a hotel I like. It''s a Kimpton hotel and it allows dogs.

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
I second Carmel. I sent my parents there for their 30th as a surprise weekend getaway and they had so much fun venturing around. They said the scenery was really nice and it was great being able to bring the "kids." They have two golden retrievers, so that shows you how dog-friendly the place is (big dogs with lots of fur) :)

bbonline.com is great for looking at bed and breakfasts.

Have fun wherever you decide to go!

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much everyone, Im on my way to do some research
9.gif
You gals are always so helpful.

Chase the Flowers

Rough_Rock
Sounds like you''re off to a good start. A friend of a friend of mine writes books on just this very subject. She also has a website for free info: Dog friendly hotels in CA

Happy travels sctsbride09!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results