shape
carat
color
clarity

Dog Adopts Orphaned Opossums

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Dog Adopts Orphaned Opossums, Gives Them Awesome Rides On Her Back!

These baby opossums were orphaned when their mother was killed by a dog in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. They were found by Stephanie Maldonado, a dog trainer, who tried to save them, but it didn’t look good for the four joeys; they were so little that they had yet to open their eyes.

And that’s when Maldonado’s dog, Pretinha, came to the rescue. She began to nurse them, and soon, the joeys had gained enough strength to climb onto Pretinha’s back. She even gave them piggy-back rides!

“It’s very nice to see all the care that she has with them, licking them all the time and nestling them,” Maldonado wrote on Facebook. When the joeys are older, she hopes to return them to the wild.

http://www.boredpanda.com/dog-adopts-oppossums-baby-orphans-stephanie-maldonado/

image_4242.jpg

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful story of love. Thank you for sharing.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sweet! Thank you Rockinruby for sharing another heartwarming story. We have a possum or 2 that we are feeding along with our feral cats and they are pretty adorable. Our ferals are not bonding with them unfortunately but so far they exist side by side in peace.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Queenie60|1455601341|3991516 said:
Beautiful story of love. Thank you for sharing.

im so glad you enjoyed it! :appl:

kenny said:

I agree! The babies are so adorable! :wavey:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
missy|1455626925|3991574 said:
So sweet! Thank you Rockinruby for sharing another heartwarming story. We have a possum or 2 that we are feeding along with our feral cats and they are pretty adorable. Our ferals are not bonding with them unfortunately but so far they exist side by side in peace.

You are very welcome! I love all of the sweet animal threads that PS members post too! :love:

I think you & your DH are amazing for taking care of the feral kitties! :clap: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results