shape
carat
color
clarity

Does yr boy know about pricescope?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Does your boyfriend / FI / DH know you hang out here? How did they react when they found out (if they know)?

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
My DH knows about it. He doesn''t really think much either way about it, but sometimes I do share what I read on here with him.

*M*

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
My FI definitely knows... every time I start a sentence with "So on Pricescope today..." he rolls his eyes and groans. But I recently found out from my best friend (who was helping with the ring search last spring) that he actually posted on here a few times! He purposely responded to some of the threads I started, just to amuse himself...
3.gif
9.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My boyfriend knows I''ve become slightly addicted to PS, and he thinks it''s funny. I try to share with him what I''ve learned from reading the diamond tutorials on this site and others, and that''s when his eyes glaze over. He keeps saying, "Zoe, I will find the right ring for us, trust me. I know all about the 4Cs! I''m not interested in becoming a gemologist. If you are, that''s great. Do all the research you want, but I''m not going to become addicted to PS like you." All of this is in a joking manner of course. It''s safe to say though that he won''t be hanging out here at all. I find it all fascinating however!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
My husband knows. He refers to PS as my website and inquires regarding the goings on fairly often. Too funny! I never posted as an LIW, but I would have told him if I did.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
FI thinks I''m an obsessive nutcase.

He calls PS my **** site.

Last night he asked if there was actually a ring setting in existence that I haven''t scrutinised in minute detail. If I read bits out he makes this noise like an electric shutter lowering...

Actually I think he likes it as I don''t disturb him playing games/poker/writing his blog etc etc

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
apparently i''m in the minority here (or the silent majority), but my bf definitely doesn''t know. i''ll probably tell him after we''re engaged - i initially came on here because a family stone presented itself to me and i wanted to get some sort of clue about settings. then i got addicted, of course. but i''m pretty sure if my bf knew about it, it would really freak him out...

in the meantime, the family stone that used to live in a certain hiding spot has recently disappeared... i''m hoping it found a new home with a jeweler - not that it''s been stolen!

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
uh, NO!!! I keep hoping though that he will magically appear on one of the boards asking for help in picking a ring for his wonderful girlfriend
31.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, the happy hubby knows!!! Sometimes I suspect him of secretly lurking because he seems to know a bit too much about what new project I might have in mind!
31.gif

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
He knows, now, but I don''t think he knows what it''s all about. He recently caught me looking at the brides in waiting page, hehe. I ran to the bathroom and I left my laptop open, and for some reason he actually maximized the page I had open (he''s never looked before, otherwise I would''ve been caught long before!) and it just happened to be one full of wedding dresses!! EEK! I was honestly just looking to leave some feedback... and get some eye candy :), but he saw it and kinda freaked. He thinks I spend too much time online, especially looking at things like that. He knows I look at wedding stuff, he used to catch me on the knot all the time, but who knows. Maybe he''s been on here too, that''d be nice :) He''s come across my secret ring file on my computer too, with LOTS of pictures... THAT he thought was funny, he smirked about it and said hmmmmmmm... interesting... I don''t know. He definitely doesn''t know what this site is all about though.

I don''t think he minds that I look at it, he minds that I look at it when there are things to be done around the house, or if I have homework or something like that, which I admit, I''m guilty of... I''ve been hooked on PS since I found it back in July of 06!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t tell mine about it for a long time while I was a LIW, and when I did, he thought it was just a site where women complain about how horrible their bfs are for not hurrying up and proposing. It took a long time for him to understand that WASN''T what it was. I talk about it all the time and he doesn''t do the eyeroll to my face but I bet he''s thinking it. He does love it when I come up with a good idea (like the engagement tv!) or get some tips, like with my rat problem, and he was thrilled with the photoshopping Irina has helped me with. He sees it as my online community now, and since I''ve met both Selkie (before PS!) and aljdewey, he realizes that these are REAL people I''m talking to!

sparkel

Shiny_Rock
The bf definately knows. He believes that this is all about women comming on here and braging about their rings and being all super materialstic. I keep trying to explain that it is about showing others things that make us happy but goes way beyond that and it''s just a nice collection of people who talk about all sorts of issues..... (and we all happen to be somewhat obsessed with jewelry).

I don''t think he will ever understand he think''s i''m insane when it comes to this topic and that i have gaudy tastes... poor boy!

Rebecca

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
he definitely knows! he sees me on it all the time! I think he''s ok with it because it makes me talk to him about it less, lol. This is my support group!!!
1.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
DH knows. He calls it the weirdo site.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2007 11:11:40 PM
Author: Miranda
DH knows. He calls it the weirdo site.
LOL! That sounds exactly how my husband would react, but he''s never said a word out loud. He would probably also say... why do you look at that TRASH? (he jokingly says this about anything that he doesn''t understand that I like... such as sex and the city... apparently it''s trash, lol)

*M*

Beth07

Rough_Rock
Well actually my boyfriend introduced me to this site. I don''t think he knows that I post. But if he ever looked really close I''m sure he could figure it out!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Fi knows...he doesn''t really think much of it either way. : )

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
My bf definitely knows and I''m not sure how he feels...on one hand I think he''s happy that I''ve learned so much and was able to help him buy something much better and bigger for the price, however I think that if I wasn''t a PS addict, I probably would have been ''happy'' with something a LOT smaller
31.gif

Poor guy.

Plus he KNOWS that I am a full on addict...I check PS more than I check my email, and since I''m a student I spend a lot of time on my computer so it is far too easy to just ''check for something new'' in my spare time.

TuesdaysChild

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend definitely does not know. He knows I''m anxious to get married, but I don''t think he has any grasp of the engagement fever I have. He already feels pressured from all his friends and family, and I think if he knew I was on here, it would add to the pressure and totally freak him out. This site gives me an outlet - Being able to read everyone''s posts and know that I''m not alone and not crazy for feeling so anxious about the WAITING helps keep me sane and stops me from hounding him. THANK YOU!!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/23/2007 11:10:54 AM
Author: TuesdaysChild
My boyfriend definitely does not know. He knows I''m anxious to get married, but I don''t think he has any grasp of the engagement fever I have. He already feels pressured from all his friends and family, and I think if he knew I was on here, it would add to the pressure and totally freak him out. This site gives me an outlet - Being able to read everyone''s posts and know that I''m not alone and not crazy for feeling so anxious about the WAITING helps keep me sane and stops me from hounding him. THANK YOU!!
FI actually did not know about this site until we got engaged--my reasons were the same as yours!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Lol!
I was reading out Pokey''s engagement story and showing him pics of the ring 2 minutes before FI proposed!

In fact, he had to make me put the laptop down and concentrate on him.

Oh lord, that sounds awful! I''m such an addict...
23.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha, YES, bf knows, he sees me pouring over the LIW page all the time. Sometimes I read things to him (not hint-hint things, just things I find strange or amusing) from the site. I don't think he really cares either way about it... he has his sports forums, I have MY sports forums
9.gif

He WAS happy to see that my/our "which setting" poll reinforced his choice... so on that day, he was a big PS fan!

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/23/2007 12:49:28 PM
Author: Pandora II
Lol!
I was reading out Pokey''s engagement story and showing him pics of the ring 2 minutes before FI proposed!

In fact, he had to make me put the laptop down and concentrate on him.

Oh lord, that sounds awful! I''m such an addict...
23.gif
Oh, this made me laugh! The internet can be such a distractor, can''t it?

My bf doesn''t know. I''m here as a result of my last relationship, which ended. My ex knew I hung out here.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGuy knows. He thinks it''s harmless since he is aware that it''s a group of mostly women just shooting the breeze. He knows there''s really no threat of me wanting some giant gorgeous honker of a diamond (OK, wanting yes...actually ever upgrading, no) because I''m just too practical - i.e. I''m not rich so there are other things I''d spend the money on.

He does kind of roll his eyes now and then when I am on it, but I have a master plan to end that. When I hit my weight loss goal hopefully by mid-summer, I''ll tell him I got all my support from the WWT threads here on PS...that outta shut him up!
9.gif

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Hubby just thinks its another *wedding website* which was legit BEFORE we were married, but once in awhile he catches me on here looking at someone''s posts about their gown or invitations and he''s like "why are you still looking at that stuff still for??!"

I can''t part - I still like to read about rings, gowns and wedding planning.
28.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
D knows and just laughs! He actually thinks the work out thread is very good motivation for me. I was talking about it one day and he was saying thats a great site to be on and then I said yeah its great as I can drool over the diamonds too and he was shocked that it was the same site!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
My DH knows and is not happy about it. He thinks that I already think about jewelry and material items too much without enablers. He didn''t know that it was about things besides diamonds, and sometimes I''ll tell him about something on the hangout thread etc, and he''ll be surprised. I really like how people from different backgrounds and different places in the country/world post on here.

sleeping beauty

Shiny_Rock
My b/f knows about pricescope as well. He sees me in it all the time and he just laughs. he doesnt mind it cause when i''m here he says he can have alone time with the PS2.... LOL the funny thing is that my little brother recently moed in with us and everytime i''m on the computer he ask "are you in that ring site again?" it just cracks me up... they hink i''m addicted to diamonds (honestly i think i am too)

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Hubby def. knows. He too calls it my **** site - but he''s got his own **** sites too (bike stuff), so we''re even
1.gif

He''s totally onto the fact that so many things I bring up these days are from PS! Like, oh, for starters, Balenciagas, crockpots, jeans, cheating, laws on dog bites, new stuff to try at Trader Joe''s
3.gif
He''s always like "Oh god, the forum again?!" when I bring up some random-seeming topic!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH knows about it. I can''t say that he''s as enamoured as I am, well frankly he also thinks it''s a bunch of women sitting around dreaming up ways to spend their husbands'' hard earned cash.
20.gif
But it''s a nice escape for me, especially when he''s sitting in his recliner watching football and calling his bookie every quarter.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results