Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:snore:

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Yes. Does yours, DF?

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
He just got home from a double shift and he's shaking the rafters as I type :snore:
I can't wait for his new job benefits kick in so he can get a CPAP, he has severe apnea and he really needs one.
The only plus to his snoring is that it tells me he's still breathing, it's when he stops I get concerned!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
DF- LOL! :snore:

Yes, mine snores like a buzz saw. You can here him through a closed door. VERY loud. :shock:

His biggest fear is falling asleep on an airplane and having everyone else hear it. :lol:

But it doesn't bother me a bit. After the first year of marriage, I got used to it, so now I can't actually sleep well without it. If he is working late and I go to bed early, I can't fall asleep easily.

I think it's like people that live next to elevated train, or a cement factory, after a while you don't even hear it. :bigsmile:

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Yup.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
We both snore when extremely tired, or inebriated. Otherwise no. :tongue:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gwendolyn|1326916784|3106035 said:
Yes. Does yours, DF?
like a PIG.. :!:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Snore is seriuosly not even the word for it. I sleep with two fans, a white noise machine, an air purifier, and earplugs. And Ill be damned if he cannot be heard clearly over all of that. From across the damn house when Im awake and watching TV even!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Wow, some of you have it really bad! :razz: :| My DH snores too. Not extremely loudly, but loud enough. I'm a light sleeper (and he sleeps like a log), so it's really irritating most of the time. I have to go in the spare room sometimes to get some sleep.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
ame|1326917421|3106053 said:
Snore is seriuosly not even the word for it. I sleep with two fans, a white noise machine, an air purifier, and earplugs. And Ill be damned if he cannot be heard clearly over all of that. From across the damn house when Im awake and watching TV even!

I tried all of the above and came to the conclusion that the ONLY way to save the relationship was separate bedrooms. On separate floors. On opposite sides of the house.

It was either that or my smothering him with a pillow. I cannot understand how he can get any REST while he's emitting such a God-awful noise.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope thankfully. My DH only snores if he's had a good few pints. Our dog is a louder snorer than either of us.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm the culprit :oops: we put on a fan and DH wears ear plugs...

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Yes it's like living in a saw mill, sometimes it's so bad that the noise makes me jump awake wondering what's going on. We have been together for 12 years and I am still not used to it.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amber St. Clare|1326918127|3106068 said:

I tried all of the above and came to the conclusion that the ONLY way to save the relationship was separate bedrooms. On separate floors. On opposite sides of the house.

It was either that or my smothering him with a pillow. I cannot understand how he can get any REST while he's emitting such a God-awful noise.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I do know if I tried to smother him, he wouldn't fight me. Though he would prefer that I did so while he was on a business trip bec he thinks I get more payout on insurance that way. (joke!)

We actually did sleep in separate rooms for a long time. When we got our new bed we both moved back into one room. I actually would like to go back to separate, but at this juncture, my office and where the other bed is...kind of a landfill! I took apart my supply closet so my dad could patch the wall after we had a plumber go through the closet to fix sometihng and not destroy the tile, and I have to sort all of that stuff back out (I gave myself like 4 hours notice to clean it out like some kind of idiot!) and refill my closet. So right now my living room and that room look like a bomb of paper went off!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

This. I actually get in bed a bit earlier than DH so that I can fall asleep first. Heaven help me if I wake up in the middle of the night. The only way I can go back to sleep is if I go to the guest room. :-o

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
yennyfire|1326921746|3106123 said:

This. I actually get in bed a bit earlier than DH so that I can fall asleep first. Heaven help me if I wake up in the middle of the night. The only way I can go back to sleep is if I go to the guest room. :-o
THIS! OMG. I go to bed earlier anyway, but I make it a point because I am hosed if he's already sleeping.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NO, thank goodness! :))

I would not be able to sleep in the same room with my hub if I had married someone who snored. I am a very light sleeper.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
He snores, but I snore louder. It's my MOST embarrassing secret, there, now you know! :oops:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ame, we should put them in a room together and see what happens. I can hear my DH behind a closed door from another floor of our home. Thanks goodness the kids go to bed so early and are deep sleepers or we'd be in real trouble. Vacations (not that we go often) are a challenge b/c we have to share a room and I'm trapped if I can't go to sleep before him or I wake up during the night.

What frustrates me so much is that he snored when we were engaged and then when he lost a lot of weight before we got married (90 lbs) he basically stopped snoring. When I got pg with our first child 7.5 years ago, he gained it back and has been snoring ever since. I keep begging him to lose weight, both to be healthy, set a good example for the kids and to maintain my sanity!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep he snores, but he has sleep apnea and he wears a cpap, he went for another evaulation and they bumped up the pressure on his machine and now he is going to be going to sleep therapy classes (what the hell that is I have no idea) starting next Tuesday...I guess on top of the apnea he has insomnia :confused: any way he still snores some even with the cpap, but NOTHING like he use to...I guess I snore as well, but he says it tolerable unless I am drinking then its really loud.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes! He went to a sleep clinic last week so hopefully he won't snore much longer!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
yennyfire|1326926645|3106200 said:
Ame, we should put them in a room together and see what happens. I can hear my DH behind a closed door from another floor of our home. Thanks goodness the kids go to bed so early and are deep sleepers or we'd be in real trouble. Vacations (not that we go often) are a challenge b/c we have to share a room and I'm trapped if I can't go to sleep before him or I wake up during the night.

What frustrates me so much is that he snored when we were engaged and then when he lost a lot of weight before we got married (90 lbs) he basically stopped snoring. When I got pg with our first child 7.5 years ago, he gained it back and has been snoring ever since. I keep begging him to lose weight, both to be healthy, set a good example for the kids and to maintain my sanity!
omg it would be a bittersweet symphony of doom! DH fell asleep on Christmas morning on the couch at my parents and my brother who already knows of the snoring, and my BIL and parents were all like "oh my god shut him up"

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, my husband snores, and it drives me crazy. Sometimes I go to the guestroom if it's really bad.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Yes he does. But if he gets his weight below 200 pounds it stops. He's dieting now and has about 15 pounds to go, so my fingers are crossed.( But my ears are still plugged.)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He snores a LOT! not overweight either. And hes the one that wears earplugs (hes woken himself up because he snores so loud :lol: )

I have nights where I can tolerate it, other times where I tell him get it fixed or I get my own room (that makes him stop for some reason)

If he gets really tired, anxious, drunk, yeah its super bad.

I only snore if I get a cold.

-A

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Arcadian, it's hysterical that your husband's the one wearing earplugs when HE'S the culprit!

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Occasionally but its not very loud. Sometimes he is snoring sleeping on the couch while the dogs snore on the floor.
I am an incredibly deep sleeper for the most part. It doesn't bother me in the least bit - my father snores like a chainsaw and I had to get used to sharing hotel rooms with him or trying to hear the TV over him while he slept on the couch. I'm just so used to it...

I dont snore but I drool.. I think its worse.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. Drives me nuts. I'm a light sleeper-I need to be just in case the kids need something b/c he certainly won't wake up if they're sick or the fire alarm is going off. We have a fan on and I can still hear him. He's been on the couch a lot lately. Last year I spent 6 weeks sleeping in our daughters room. I'm up constantly anyway, so when I'm finally asleep the last thing I want to do is wake up bc of snoring.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Yes, unfortunately. I sleep with a fan on and he still wakes me up most nights with his damn snoring. Its not extremely loud but I am a very light sleeper. And a lot of times it doesn't even sound like a snore, its more a high-pitched wheezing sound. NOT pleasant at all.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe|1326930050|3106250 said:
Arcadian, it's hysterical that your husband's the one wearing earplugs when HE'S the culprit!

One night I recorded it because he didn't believe me when I said he was really loud (could hear him clear across the house!)

His response? "Wasn't me" :rolleyes:

I told him he couldn't blame that on Mrs Ketchens (she's the sweet elderly lady that lived in the house before us who makes herself known on occasion) and we don't have a dog.

-A

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results