shape
carat
color
clarity

Does your SO know as much about diamonds as you do?

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
FH learned a couple of things while we were e-ring shopping, but not much really...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He doesn't know squat.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
My wife can DO a sqat.

She likes them. Does that count?

Ira Z.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
No DH hardly knows anything about diamonds, needless to say I will be in charge of all future purchases!

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
He knows a fair bit. We were actually talking about diamonds for the last half hour and it was getting a little heated. Ten years ago, he wouldn't have recognised a diamond if it got up and bit him. I'm counting that as a win for pester power. :bigsmile:

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
well.......for sure she knows how to wear them far better than I could ever dream.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Jennifer W|1310681167|2969114 said:
He knows a fair bit. We were actually talking about diamonds for the last half hour and it was getting a little heated. Ten years ago, he wouldn't have recognised a diamond if it got up and bit him. I'm counting that as a win for pester power. :bigsmile:

Amen to that sista.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
He knows two things about them- 1. They're expensive. 2. Manderz loves them :)

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope. 24 years ago, he did have a stone, previously given to him by his grandmother (not ever worn by her,) set into my yg solitaire ering. I imagine he knows that it's round, otherwise, he couldn't tell you anything else about it.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Oh, he's getting there....probably not every detail about angle and percentages, but he's heard his fair share from me! I talk his ear off about diamonds.

He knows stuff that the average man wouldn't know such as

1) How fluorescence can help lower color stones
2) Cut does not mean "shape", and my preference is cut >color>size> clarity
3) Windowing!
4) Difference between Brilliance and Fire

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nope, she has no idea about the specs. i pick her diamonds... :praise: and of course i paid for them... ;(

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty much, yes, although he is more strict on mind cleanliness issues than I am, go figure! :devil:

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
He knows NOTHING and has no desire to learn.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
He knows they cost way too damn much. :tongue:

Well, the other day I got another ebay purchase. It was a huge let down. It was supposed to be an OEC but was a dingy RB. I showed DH and asked him what he thought. HE said something like, "This diamond is crap. It doesn't sparkle at all like your other stuff" :bigsmile:

My hunnnyyyy :D Thankfully, it is in the process of being returned. SUCH a bummer though.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, he does not, he only knows if they sparkle or not :wink2:

bagelboy

Shiny_Rock
Hey,I thought only DF could ask questions like this! Now he got nothing to do during Carmageddon. My job is to pick them out and pay for them. Her job is to wear them and remain clueless to everything except their sparkle :D !!! I like her job better :lickout:

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
He knows a pretty good amount, but not as much as I do. It's ironic, because when we first started looking at engagement rings, I knew nothing about diamonds, and he knew more than I did (from some basic Internet research).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH knows more than he ever wanted to know but only from listening to me blather on and in about them. He asked for a review on our way to pick out my last upgrade. He won't let me buy si1 diamonds for my erring though - he worries if I see something naked eye I'll want a new one.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
manderz|1310683950|2969168 said:
He knows two things about them- 1. They're expensive. 2. Manderz loves them :)

haha - I'd say we fit into this bucket!

DH sometimes says "Oh I'd like to get you that [necklace, ring, etc]" and I think "no, please don't....I could get better for less!"

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
He knows a fair bit, but now where what I know, which is a silly and useless amount really. Too much time in Rocky Talky! But he tends to actually listen when I talk and picks up a surprising amount from the random things I say, so I think he knows more than I am aware of. I will test him later 8)

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Almost. He spent a lot of time researching diamonds when he was buying / creating my e-ring.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
He knows that the better the cut- the more sparkle and life the stone will have. He also knows that he prefers high color diamonds, and quality over carat size.

any anniversary gifts or stones will definitely be bookmarked by me and then "hinted".

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
He probably knows more than the average guy just from listening to me, but when it came time to buy me a diamond, he went to the vendor he knew I trusted and really just wanted him to tell him what to get. Well the vendor still made him sit though a 2 hour lecture about cut quality :lol:. The sad thing is I think he was board, and I would have LOVED to have been there.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Hah, no.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results