shape
carat
color
clarity

Does your pet sleep in your bed?

Do your pets sleep in your bed with you?

• No way - people only

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • They do but I''d rather they didn''t

• Only the special one(s) are allowed

• They''re not even allowed in the bedroom during sleep time

• I don''t have pets

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
This question is brought on by the fact that two dogs sleep in my bed with me (I''d prefer if only the one did) and when I''m at my bf''s there are no animals and I sleep much better. I guess I wish I could train my dogs NOT to sleep there anymore but it seems impossible...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
One cat sleeps with me (the one in my avatar) and the other sleeps elsewhere. The other one will cuddle while we watch TV. She''s never been much of a bed kitty.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Our bed is two people, two cats. I once told DH that I wanted a third cat, and he said we''d need a bigger bed. True! It''s crowded - and I love it.

But, if they were inhibiting our sleep, they''d be out. Sleep is SO important for your heath. If you''re not sleeping well with the puppies, I''d start closing your door or crating the dogs at night. You''ll have a week or two of whining for sure, but if everyone is happier that way, then it will be worth the trouble.

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
It's funny how the topics always seem to mirror what is going on in my life...... I currently live with a small dog and a cat in a loft that has a slightly separate sleeping area (and no way to keep them out of it). When I lived in a one bedroom, the animals slept in the living room and I used to get a decent night's sleep. NOW I do not! The dog likes to sleep under the covers and startles at every sound, the cat likes to be fed at all hours of the night and will wake me up to tell me "time to eat!". It is driving me insane! In fact, the boyfriend just moved out because HE was waking me up too (he likes to WORK at night!) - I JUST COULDN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! LOL

But yes, I concur - you need deep REM sleep at night so if you can keep the animals out of the bedroom, I would do it......... My cat is old (20+) so it will just be the dog and I pretty soon......

(EDIT: I just realized my new signature even has to do with sleep!!! - made me laugh when I read my post.......)

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cat used to be allowed to sleep next to me, on her blanket, when I lived alone. She was noisy and I didn''t always sleep well. With DH, she''s not even allowed in the bedroom during sleeping time. It''s for the better. The cat can''t sit still and is a very loud eater and litter box user.

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
We don''t have pets, but we house-sit for my BF''s parents regularly. They have two dogs, and the one that they''ve had for awhile sleeps with us in bed. It doesn''t matter if we''re in a twin bed or in a king, he always sleeps with us when we''re here.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amber sleeps in our bed for a little while and then she gets out and sleeps in her own bed on her own accord. We have to lock Manolo out of our bedroom as he has funny half hours when he gets really hyper in the middle of the night and he wakes us up wanting to play.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
We share a king bed with (at varying times during the night) a 114 lb. dog and three cats. The dog starts out at the foot of the bed and bails after about an hour for his own bed. The three cats rotate in and out. We both like having the critters with us.

We babysat the neighbor''s frenchie for a week. He slept in the bed and had to have his cheek pressed against your cheek to get to sleep. And he snored. It was a long week.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
We have 3 cats and an 80 pound dog. The dog is not allowed in the bedroom at all, so he sleeps in the living room with one of the cats (they actually spoon together!). The other 2 cats (our original pets) sleep on the end of the bed, the male on DH''s side and the female on my side. We have a California King bed, so there''s enough space for all of us without disturbing each other.

I''m not a fan of dogs on the bed (or other furniture), but somehow I don''t mind the cats going where ever they want. It''s not like you can stop them anyway!
2.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
My dog used to sleep in the bed with us, but after we had for 2 years she started having accidents, so we trained her to sleep in a dog bed on the floor. We definitely sleep much better now.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Our cat isn't allowed in the bedroom at all (although I might have let him sleep on the bed once or twice while my FI was away...)

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Our very affectionate and cuddly Chihuahua, Max, sleeps with us. We adopted him from a Chihuahua rescue when he was turning 2 years old and had major separation anxiety...and since he had slept with his previous owners, that''s what he was used to when we got him.

He loves to cuddle and snuggle, it''s like having a live stuffed animal to sleep with. Sometimes he snuggles to me, sometimes to DH...if one of us doesn''t feel well, Max will snuggle to the one that ''needs'' him most. He''s not a big dog, so it''s not usually a problem to have him in our bed...but sometimes he does wake us up, when he snores!
20.gif
And he is not a morning dog at all, he''d stay in bed ALL day if he could...I literally have to drag him out of bed in the morning, he has the ''passive resistance'' act down to a science...funny how heavy a 9 pound dog can be when they are totally relaxed and don''t want to get up!

When we still had our kitty cat, Hobbes, he slept at our feet every night...I still miss him.

April20

Ideal_Rock
DH won''t let the dog sleep on the bed. I probably would. He''s little. He''s been allowed to sleep on the bed a couple times due to circumstances (we were moving, mattress on the floor, etc). He generally sleeps at my feet when he''s been allowed up, but I think I''d sleep poorly if he was there every night if I''m really being honest.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2009 6:17:22 PM
Author: LostSapphire
who, me???

9.gif
How cute is he!!!!!! What breed is he? I want to squeeze him.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
ToTo started it Mum!!!

(these are my 2 Cairn terriers the day they came home from the groomer with their little bandanas on...)

They LOVE the bed!

LS

foo223.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
not at all.

(mainly they prefer the pillows)

i only do pillowsa.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
can''t tell you how many times my husband or i have woken up to a hairy face on the next pillow.... (apologies in advance to anyone offended by a bit of bare chest)

poppy and daddy_3.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
starset princess - most of the time they sleep in their crates. they werent very impressed by it, as we have a tempurpedic mattress and they prefer that. so in the end we got them their own memory foam mattresses, now they are much happier sleeping in their crates. until i saw the difference, it never really occurred to me that perhaps they just weren''t comfortable.

here they are in their crates before new mattresses. as you can probably see, they didn''t think much of it!

s_IMG_1445a.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Both of my cats will be on and off of the bed over the course of the night.

BF''s dog sleeps in his crate or on the bed, depending on how long BF was gone that day, but is moving towards sleeping in the bed full time. I''m not thrilled with this, as Bodhi likes to get between us and I end up spooning either with dog butt or dog breath. Lovely. I''d prefer he stay in the crate at night, but it''s his dog, his house, and his rules.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
We only have the one dog, and he sleeps with us. He's our baby
1.gif
I love having him cuddled between us at night.

If we didn't keep him so incredibly clean (um, baby wipes by the door for his feet and *ahem* "outside" areas
3.gif
on our way back in from a walk), I wouldn't like the idea of him being in our bed. But he's immaculate
9.gif
- well, as far as dogs go, anyway
2.gif

We even find him sleeping there when we're not... and he is NOT supposed to be on the pillows like this
20.gif

museyspup2.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Our three kitties usually sleep in our bed, but not for the whole night. They all tend to rotate throughout the night, so we generally have two at any given time. I''m a chronic insomniac, but the kitties have learned that if they make noise at night they just get ignored...so they don''t make noise any more
2.gif

When we get a doggie, I think it will be encouraged to sleep in its own bed or a crate, mostly as a space issue.

E B

Ideal_Rock
No. She used to, but she took up so much room- at 12 lbs!- that we had to kick her out. I''d feel her down by my feet, and wouldn''t switch positions even if I was uncomfortable because I was afraid I''d wake her. Bla bla bla, our sleep suffered, out she went.

She has a pug brother now and they sleep together on a dog bed on the floor.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
My cat sleeps on the bed sometimes, but my husband doesn''t like her, so he chases her away if he can. Usually she creeps back and goes to my side, usually in between my legs or on my belly, which was really hard when I was pregnant!

Once my husband was so tired she "accidently" slept on him and when he realized, he was so mad.
2.gif

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Bentley sleeps in the bed with us, and it doesn''t bother me at all when he stays at the foot of the bed on his blanket, but sometimes he decides he just HAS to be petted at 4 am, so he walks all over us and hops and whatnot to wake us up. Those are the moments where I really wish he''d just sleep on the couch downstairs! We can''t lock him out of the bedroom, though. He tries to destroy the door!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee-Oh-Gee gets snuggles in the morning and before bed. But he doesn''t sleep with us. He has tried in the past, but he gets too hot. He tries just about every night though. But we kick him out.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
On a typical night we have one cat and one dog, occasionally we will have all four of our pets... 2 cats and 2 dogs.
The small kitty (6lbs) sleeps on her own pillow above my head and the one dog (Jack Russel) sleeps between my hubbys legs.
The other dog (MinPin) sleeps in his own bed in our bedroom and the other kitty (12lbs) sleeps in her own bed under the bedroom window or out in the living room on the sofa.

With all four animals on the bed we still have room because the animals are pretty small and we have a CalKing.
I love having them there and if my small kitty doesn''t get up on her own (rare) I will go get her. She stays there all night until the alarm goes off... then she makes sure I am awake by demanding her morning pet
1.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2009 7:04:56 PM
Author: musey
We only have the one dog, and he sleeps with us. He''s our baby
1.gif
I love having him cuddled between us at night.

If we didn''t keep him so incredibly clean (um, baby wipes by the door for his feet and *ahem* ''outside'' areas
3.gif
on our way back in from a walk), I wouldn''t like the idea of him being in our bed. But he''s immaculate
9.gif
- well, as far as dogs go, anyway
2.gif

We even find him sleeping there when we''re not... and he is NOT supposed to be on the pillows like this
20.gif

museyspup2.jpg

It''s not so bad with a little dog like that. But when this 35lb guy (who isn''t done growing) decides it''s time to POUNCE between us, it''s not so comfy...

crazylittlebodster.jpg

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah--it's usually one cat snuggled up under the covers against my tummy and the other one on K's or my head.
3.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I don''t currently have my own pet (desperately want one, though!), but I often watch my parents'' dog, and he is not allowed on any bed. I can''t have a pet sleeping with me because of my allergies, and my parents just don''t like having a black dog on a white bed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results