shape
carat
color
clarity

Does your husband wear a wedding ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/19/2009 10:00:05 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
My DH wears his religiously (no pun intended
3.gif
). He only takes it off to do heavy or dirty work where it might get damaged, and to shower. He even wears it to sleep! I think its really sweet - he says he loves that it shows his commitment, and that it makes him think of me when he''s at work during the day
30.gif
1.gif
Amber, DH says the same thing! Don''t you just love them when they''re being mushy!
3.gif

He doesn''t take it off even when he''s doing heavy work though and his band looks pretty bad after almost 3 years of constant wear. Mine is pretty scratched and beaten up too. The bands were pretty detailed and with mat finish and turned out to be unsuited for daily wear. We''re planning on getting new "everyday" bands for our third anniversary (9/9/2009 btw
9.gif
)

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Mine wears his all the time except to shower. He wears his more than I wear my rings. I''ve offered repeatedly to "upgrade" (he chose a simple 14kt yellow gold ring) to platinum or to get him an 18kt ring, but he refuses.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Neither of us wear our rings in the house when we''re just bumming around/to bed/showering etc. DH does not wear his while working out, working in the yard, or while golfing. Otherwise, it''s always on his finger.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
My DH wears his ring all the time, I''m the one that sometime forget it, but whenhe sees the ring around the house he start saying, "oh!! someone just gave me a new ring" so I run to wear it before he stole it from me
11.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 10:33:10 AM
Author: Elmorton
Neither of us wear our rings in the house when we''re just bumming around/to bed/showering etc. DH does not wear his while working out, working in the yard, or while golfing. Otherwise, it''s always on his finger.
Pretty much the same for us, buthe always wears it when he leaves the house.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Mr. Fiery jokes around all the time that instead of a wedding ring, he''d like a wedding PS3 (it used to be a wedding car but he already purchased one
3.gif
).

I don''t know if this is common but his family is from South America and none of them wear wedding rings. On the odd chance that they do, its usually just a band. He says he''ll wear his but I highly doubt it which is fine with me.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
No

Abril

Shiny_Rock
Nope.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yes, he wears one, and he also wears another ring on his right ring finger. (Black tungsten band- it''s cool.)

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wears it 24/7 - in fact, he looked sort of taken aback when I asked him to take it off so that I could clean it.

It would definitely bug me if a husband didn''t wear a ring, but that''s just me - in my family, my dad''s ring has never come off his finger, ever, ever. He says its shrunk down by more than half its width over 38 years. My mom, on the other hand ... her ring stopped fitting when she was pregnant with me, and she got out of the habit of wearing it. A few years later, when they could afford it, dad bought her a new ring, and also had her original recast into a wide red gold band, and she tends to switch them around at will. There''s probably something in that influencing my views.
17.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Yes. He actually wears his much more than I wear mine!
9.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock

my DH takes his off during races, because he''s afraid it will fall off in the open water (as he likes his ring a bit loose). During swims he wears this sport necklace thing that he puts it on, but he doesn''t wear that during races. But that is the only time he doesn''t.

I think it would bother me if he didnt wear it. I know I often refer to my ring as "just jewelry" as I sometimes wear just the band, and not my ering... and I wear none of them or just a plain band when I''m out running... but there is something on my finger... even if just a tan line!

My DH didn''t want to wear one when we first started talking about it (post engagement). He HATES jewelry, but I''m a tightly wound individual... and that was not an argument I was going to lose.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
DH wears his ring whenever he leaves the house.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
FI is planning to wear one after we get married. I think he's a little nervous that he'll be annoyed by it, but when I pointed out that he wears a watch every day and doesn't even notice he, he said he thought he'd be ok with it. And now that he's in the process of picking one out, I think he's getting more excited about wearing it.

ETA: I would be a little upset if FI didn't wear his all the time. I'm really excited to have a plain wedding band so I can wear it 24/7 (unlike my ering which I take off at night, to do dirty things, etc) and I want him to be excited about wearing his all the time too! He's even getting tungsten so that he can wear it without worrying about scratching it or messing it up in any way.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
DH has worn it 24/7 since I put it on his finger 6 years ago!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine wears one except when he is lifting weights, playing basketball, etc. I like that he wears one, but if he really didn''t want to for some reason I would trust him. The wedding band doesn''t really stop women from flirting with guys anyways ;-)

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
My parents never wore wedding bands (they both lost the bands soon after they got married, and never bothered replacing them), so it''s not really a big deal to me if FI chooses not to wear his. Actually, since he''s an electrician, I expect that he''ll only wear it when we go out or at family gatherings.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
24/7 unless he''s doing something nitty gritty and the ring/his finger due to the ring is at risk.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, DH wears his all the time unless he''s showering or sleeping. Or washing dishes.

It would bother me if he didn''t wear it. Not sure why, since my dad never wears one and I don''t think he has one but I don''t think I ever thought twice about that because my parents are divorced so I grew up without him even being married and he''s a surgeon so he says he doesn''t wear one because he would lose it every time he went into surgery.

If my husband didn''t wear his I think we would both feel a little weird about it.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH has always worn his 24/7. It looks so beat up now we''re going to get new bands this anniversary. Oh my, he''ll wear it as a RHR I guess.
2.gif

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the responses everyone. Looks like it''s more or less an even split, though I see a lot of the people who don''t wear one do so because of their jobs, which is understandable.

In the case of the couple I mentioned, the DH2B is a software developer, so there is no occupational hazard associated with wearing jewelry
3.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH wears one 24/7, my brother and his wife, Does not wear theirs, they are more traditional (not customary in our culture) living in the states- but he also work with large machinery so I agree with him not wearing one while at work but he can on other days but choose not too
33.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
No. His dad didn''t wear one, mine didn''t either.. So it was a no go. I wasn''t happy about that back in the day, but here we are 23 years later... It''s ok.
1.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
FI and I had this conversation the other day. One of his friends told us that he doesn''t wear his wedding ring to work (he''s a train conductor) because when he does, married women hit on him constantly (asking him out for a ''drink'' or some type of secret rendezvous). When he doesn''t wear it, supposedly no one even looks at him.

Truth, or excuse, I wonder...
11.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
DH wears it whenever he leaves the house. It is too cute when he actually comes back for it if he forgot.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He wears it ALL the time, even when showering, sleeping, etc. He REFUSES to take it off! I have to pester him for a good while before he''ll even take it off for me to clean it. It''s two-tone 14k, and it''s very scuffed-looking after almost four years of 24/7 wear, but he won''t let me get him a new one. I offered to upgrade it to anything he wanted . . . even the exact same style with platinum and 18k yellow instead of two-tone 14k (thinking he''d feel better if it still "looked the same"), but NOOOOO! I''ve been begging him to let me take it to a jeweler and at least get it buffed/polished, but he is absolutely unwilling to part with it, even for that short of a time period. I guess I''ll have to drag him into a jewelry store and somehow trick him into taking it off long enough for them to polish it!
20.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Yes, he always wears it when we leave the house.

When relaxing at home, sleeping, showering or he is working out side or on the cars it comes off.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results