shape
carat
color
clarity

does your hubby/bf talk in their sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my wife sometime talks in her sleep
37.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
He does not, but I do- a lot, apparently!

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 12:34:13 PM
Author: EBree
He does not, but I do- a lot, apparently!
+1!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
My husband talks in his sleep. He also sometimes sleepwalks... It''s kind of funny to watch. He doesn''t usually leave the room, but I do worry about him falling down the stairs someday.

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Yes he does! It''s very funny because he says the most incoherent things. If I''m feeling mischievous, I''ll start trying to hold a conversation with him with my own incoherent replies. Sometimes he halfway wakes up and catches on to this. It makes me laugh so hard!
9.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Apparently I do - I''ll talk back to you if you ask me a question, haha. And I semi-yell (quietly) at whatever''s in my dream too. But FI will certainly talk in his too - haha I''ll wake him up and ask him questions, and he''ll never remember it.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah. My favorites:

"I need to flip the bunny!"

"The squirrel flies upstream!"

"It''s the dark side of the Force."

Among many, many law debates.
20.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
No, although sometimes he makes weird noises
28.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very rarely, so it freaks me out when he does! I do quite frequently, apparently.

Both of us are right on that "I''m not sure if you''re awake and actually talking to me, or talking in your sleep" cusp whenever we do. He''s learned to ignore me whenever I''m doing it, because if he responds then I snap awake!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
D has once or twice but nothing major. Luckily he''s not a snorer either!

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
My husband says random things but mumbles half of it so you can't ever really form a sentence from it. If you tried, they'd probably be along the same lines as what geckodani's hubby is saying.

I, on the other hand, can carry on a full conversation in my sleep. My parents tell stories about talking to me while sleeping when I was a kid and they apparently got quite a kick out of it.
41.gif
I just tell my husband at least he knows there's no way I could ever hide anything from him, as all he'd have to do is ask me in my sleep! LOL It's a bit odd as normally if you so much as look at me I wake up, so I guess you have to catch me at just the right time.
20.gif
My Mom says my Dad does the same thing, but his tone of voice is a bit different so she has learned to identify if he's awake or not by the tone.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
DH doesn''t. I do. It drives him nuts too.
My old roomie used to sleep walk, and talk too. One time he walked to the front door and down the street in his boxers yelling about something. His ex gifrlfriend was very very confused! Glad I did not marry HIM! haha

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 12:44:08 PM
Author: bee*
D has once or twice but nothing major. Luckily he''s not a snorer either!
SOOO True. I dated a guy that snored - THAT was a deal breaker.

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, almost nightly. He always seems to be grouchy when he''s talking, too (probably stressed).

Last night he was mumbling ''I want $x and that''s final, otherwise they can shove their offer!''. lol.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
About once a week I hear him talking in his sleep, usually if I get up in the middle of the night and come back to bed, or if he goes to bed before me.
Occasionally, he says something weird like, "This one has the wrong code! We need to exchange it."
But mostly it''s "I love you, BigT," or, "Snuggle me!!"

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. He does. I do it too.

The most memorable time though was when he sat straight up in bed, turned to me and said, "You''re going to lose your powers!!!" and then laid back down and went back to snoring.

I chalked it up to watching too much Heroes.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2009 1:03:12 PM
Author: FrekeChild

The most memorable time though was when he sat straight up in bed, turned to me and said, ''You''re going to lose your powers!!!'' and then laid back down and went back to snoring.

one of these day he''ll say...i''m gonna get rid of all them shoes.
31.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
He doesn't, but I DO!!! LOL, I talk in my sleep in a major way...FI says he has conversations with me sometimes.

FI snores like a buzz saw....

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
He has a couple times! It''s mostly mumbling, but sometimes he can be understood. Usually he will say things he would say when he''s awake - like he will pull me onto his side of the bed and say something like, "Cuddles babeeee?" He slurs so much and drags his words out though that I can tell when he''s doing it lol.

The best was when he was on morphine, when he had viral menengitis. He turned to me, very seriously, and said, "They kill people here." We were in a room in the ER at the time. LOL.

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
He does occassionally, mostly when he''s having a bad dream.

According to my parents, sister, college roomies, and DH, I am quite the talker.

My favorite from my husband was also when he was doped up in the hospital from fentanyl. We were having what appeared to be a normal conversation, when he mentioned that ''everyone at Griffendor House was going to think he was really ugly.''

He thought he was Harry Potter.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGuy talks and walks in his sleep. Once when I caught him, I asked, where are you going? (I knew he was sleepwalking). He said, going to the bathroom. I said, GO BACK TO SLEEP. Sleepwalkers seem to be able to follow commands like that. So he turned around and came back to bed.

Problem was that he sleeps on the far side of the bed. He managed to get up and walk around the bed to get TO the bathroom but to get back to bed he was disoriented and came to my side of the bed and basically took the shortest point from A to B: trampling right over me!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 2:10:40 PM
Author: TravelingGal
TGuy talks and walks in his sleep. Once when I caught him, I asked, where are you going? (I knew he was sleepwalking). He said, going to the bathroom. I said, GO BACK TO SLEEP. Sleepwalkers seem to be able to follow commands like that. So he turned around and came back to bed.

Problem was that he sleeps on the far side of the bed. He managed to get up and walk around the bed to get TO the bathroom but to get back to bed he was disoriented and came to my side of the bed and basically took the shortest point from A to B: trampling right over me!!!
LOL. Wish you guys were in NY. You could see my friend''s show on the subject. Believe he''s turning it into a book after the run ends ... funny stuff!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think I talk in my sleep, because I have never been told that I do. And up until a few days ago I would have said that DH doesn''t either. But the other night he was having a conversation in sleep! Freaked me out! He conducted the coversation in his native tongue, so that was even more funny to me. I forgot to tell him about that....so thanks DF for asking this question!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I do on occasion, but he has never that I have heard.

My cousin does ALL THE TIME. On night, she and her hubby were in bed, she was asleep and he was watching TV. She said to him
"I would never leave you for him"
He, knowing this would be good, prodded her to say more.
"He keeps touching all the sandwiches"

It took him a second to realize there was a subway commercial on, with Jared in it! Haha, now we all tease her about leaving her DH for Jared.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Very rarely, but more often he makes other random noises that aren't actual words.

ETA: Just remembered a time I walked in my sleep during college. I guess I went to the bathroom and came back to my roommate's room instead of my own and got into his bed
6.gif
He was totally freaked out and was trying to figure out whether to wake me up or just go sleep on the couch (he's such a sweet guy, and was totally going to let me have his bed). At that point I got up on my own and went back to my own room. I remember none of this! Haha. He's such a nice guy that I laughed it off, but if it had been with any of my other male flatmates I would've been so embarrassed!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 2:15:13 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 4/14/2009 2:10:40 PM
Author: TravelingGal

LOL. Wish you guys were in NY. You could see my friend''s show on the subject. Believe he''s turning it into a book after the run ends ... funny stuff!
Been meaning to visit NY for awhile as my cousin is there. Sounds like a funny show...I''d probably think it was hysterical. TGuy is the most amazing sleepwalker ever. I can''t even go into it because even though I know he doesn''t read PS, I''d hate to embarrass him in case he ever does!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
My fiance says THE most rediculous things in his sleep. He''ll get mad at me for piling dogs and dishes on his legs, or be upset that the waiter STILL hasn''t brought him his ranch dressing. And he always talks geeky engineering work stuff.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 2:22:09 PM
Author: Kelli
My fiance says THE most rediculous things in his sleep. He''ll get mad at me for piling dogs and dishes on his legs, or be upset that the waiter STILL hasn''t brought him his ranch dressing. And he always talks geeky engineering work stuff.
Haha! Amazing.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 1:25:20 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
Date: 4/14/2009 1:03:12 PM
Author: FrekeChild

The most memorable time though was when he sat straight up in bed, turned to me and said, 'You're going to lose your powers!!!' and then laid back down and went back to snoring.

one of these day he'll say...i'm gonna get rid of all them shoes.
31.gif
He says that when he's awake!!!!!!!!!!!!
40.gif
14.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Doesn''t matter ''cause he''s in another room....
31.gif

LS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results