shape
carat
color
clarity

does your finger adapt to your ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lost on 5th

Shiny_Rock
do you find that your finger size changes slightly after time waring a ring? back when i wore a class ring (yes..its been a while) i noticed that my finger developed a "ring dent" where my finger was covered by the metal on the palm side.

...and the real reason for my asking. within the week of placing the order for the setting, my GF tells me that her ring (on right had) fits a little more snug on her left hand.
20.gif

should i have the ring sized slightly larger??? ( 6+ or 6-1/8 as opposed to a 6) thanks for your help!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely can see an indentation on my finger when I take my rings off...I''ve gone several days at a time without wearing them, though, and the finger has returned to its normal state. I think you should have your ring sized for the finger you''re going to wear it on, because your right vs. left fingers probably won''t be the same size unless you do equal amounts of activity with both hands (i.e. you''re ambidextrous). I''m right-handed, for example, and I can''t fit my wedding rings onto my right finger, whereas they just slip right onto my left one. I think it''s because I do more with my right hand and the muscles are more developed.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''m actually the opposite. I''m right handed, but my ring slides on and off of my right hand easily and is a bit more snug on the left. I definitely recommend getting her left ring finger sized.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My finger size changes every 5 minutes, depending on the humidity and how many salty snacks I ate. If you have a ring that fits you well all the time, it''s a good idea to have all your other rings made that size - not too loose and not so tight that you have to fight with it to take it off.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep i have a dent and smaller area on my finger where my ring sits...it''s noticeable if the rings are off and you are just looking at my naked hand. my ring finger after the knuckle kind of dips inward a bit and thins out. it''s kind of interesting how that happens!! and i don''t even wear the rings 24/7. on average it''s probably about 14 hours a day. i put them on when i get ready in the mornings and take them off at night before bed. but hey i like it because if my other fingers ARE growing ... i do NOT want that finger growing...so stay small, ring finger! also, weird but my rings didn''t used to fit on my right hand ring finger without a ton of pushing and struggling, but now they do. i think they kind of shrunk a bit or something.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your finger definitely molds to the ring. I have a dent when I take mine off. It goes away if I don''t put the ring on a few days, but I do get a dent.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is interesting. my original wedding set is a size 4 and i never had a dent but they are very loose in the winter, so much that i can shake them off. When I had another ring made in a 3.5 I did get a small dent so it must have something to do with rings that actually fit
41.gif
. But I do not like my rings to feel tight and have been thinking of sticking with the 4 for my new set just b/c i''m used to it and in the summer or when I''m warm they feel fine. I don''t think I''d like the dent. Definitely have your GF get her left finger measured and order the right size..

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I definitely have a dent! And since my ring has a little pattern on the underside, so does my finger! If I take it off you can tell that there is supposed to be a ring there, and I really like that, oddly enough. I think it would probably go away if I didn''t wear it for a while.

When I first got my ring it was VERY snug, but in the month or so I''ve been wearing it, I can now remove it and put it back on much easier than I could at first. I think that means my finger is sort of "relocating" the pudge? My fingers definitely swell with humidity and salt, and also if I walk a lot with my hands down. Mine doesn''t fit on my right hand at all.

I wouldn''t resize it right away. It will probably fit perfectly in a matter of weeks.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
I wear my rings on the loose side, but I definitely have an indentation where they go, I don''t wear them 24/7 either, but the mark never quite goes away. I don''t think the actual ring size changes, though. My original set from 16 years ago fits just like it did then. Mara has lost some weight recently, I think, so that could explain her finger shrinkage.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh interesting... I'm intrigued by the "ring mark"! My fingers are bony with big knuckles though: which means my ring is tight coming on and off, but always loose around the finger, so probably no indentation for me. Just red marks on the knuckle from time to time!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I definitely think the finger adapts to the ring. This is a trick that psychics use. When they see the dent in your finger, they can guess that you recently took off a ring that you wore for a long time...and venture guesses from there. Just in case you are curious.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yep, I have dents too. Doesnt mean that its tight, most times they spin, but when you grab onto things or lean down onto your hands, the rings are going to push into your fingers. I like my dents though. Gives me the feeling that I have an hour glass shaped finger. LOL

P.S.....Nice cleavage Mara... LOL
41.gif

Judy
:)

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I think your finger does adapt as long as circulation isn''t being cut off or it isn''t causing more swelling. Plus as it''s going into the colder months her fingers will shrink a little.
Another thing to keep in mind is that how a ring fits is also dependant on it''s width not just it''s size! I can wear a size 6 up to an 8 1/2 depending on the width of the ring even though I measure at a 7. (It''s what my e-ring is too).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results