shape
carat
color
clarity

does your E-ring match your occupation/lifestyle?

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
isaku5|1310956172|2971108 said:
I've reached a great point in life where I don't give a rat's behind what others think. If DH and I are okay with my jewellery, then that's all that matters. :bigsmile:
Since I'm retired now, there would be no envious co-workers anyway. ;))

Hahaaa...well-said. Gotta love supportive hubbies. You're in a great place. :sun:

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I've reached a great point in life where I don't give a rat's behind what others think. If DH and I are okay with my jewellery, then that's all that matters. :bigsmile:

I wish I could have this perspective. I love my ring, but it is bigger than what most people I know have (and I don't think we're that much more well off than them). I was amongst the first of my friends / relatives to get married. If I saw what others would get, I may not have opted for something so big. To me, it feels awkward to be out of the norm. I envy your level of comfort!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Yes. I have a desk job, and middle management level. My mom who has a similar size e-ring is a stay at home wife (or lady of leisure as some put it), yet she never wears her e-ring because she said there's no one to see it but her, what's the point? It just gets in the way of gardening, or washing dishes. All she wears is her w-band.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
centralsquare|1311012039|2971542 said:

I wish I could have this perspective. I love my ring, but it is bigger than what most people I know have (and I don't think we're that much more well off than them). I was amongst the first of my friends / relatives to get married. If I saw what others would get, I may not have opted for something so big. To me, it feels awkward to be out of the norm. I envy your level of comfort!
never too late to DOWN size.. ;))

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
This is a hard one for me to answer.

Yes the ring fits my lifestyle. I wear it to work everyday, and it does not get in the way. I don't wear it to yoga (it hits the floor too much), but other than that, it fits my lifestyle very well. I don't feel out of place. I live in a small town. My ring is larger than average, but not the largest.

As for if the ring fits my occupation? That is a hard one. I have seen rings of all shapes and sizes in my occupation, and no once seems to care what everyone else is wearing. I think there is an understanding that people get married during different stages in life and that some people make jewelry a priority while others do not.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1311035694|2971805 said:
centralsquare|1311012039|2971542 said:

never too late to DOWN size.. ;))

haha - true! But, that's my struggle....I do love it a lot, I don't want to give it up! But then I just feel awkward every once in a while.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I embarass my jewelry every time I get dressed.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Amber St. Clare|1311104574|2972428 said:
I embarass my jewelry every time I get dressed.

:lol:

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock
My e-ring is .57 carats, with excellent specs. For the last 7 years, I've worked with the homeless and enjoy it very much. The homeless, like all of us, appreciate nice things and I've received complements on my jewelry, my car, etc., but those things are still relatively modest. In the neighborhood where I work, it wouldn't be wise to draw attention to yourself walking around sporting major bling or driving a luxury car. Out of sensitivity to those who have no home of their own and could pay 6 months rent for the price of my ring set, I wouldn't feel right wearing anything much bigger. At home, I live on a ranch with cattle, a big garden, and chickens. I like camping, working cows, playing with the dogs. I'm not rough with my jewelry, but I don't want to have to baby it either. My diamond is in a low profile semi-bezel. My wedding band has a hammered finish. So, yeah, my e-ring matches my lifestyle and I love it.

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
I think so, I am a stay at home mother so I wear my regular set or just a tiny band for daytimes and my Art Deco set when I am without the children and can wear something more delicate. I probably am the only one of my friends to have more than one set of rings (this is not really the done thing in my part of the UK) but then I like jewellery more than they do. I love my rings and if they are bigger or smaller than my friends or colleaues then I am ok with that :D

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess? I think my ring (solitaire, oval 1.3 carat) is pretty modest but a nice size for someone who is 5'10" and has lengthy fingers! It's kind of like foot size--I'd look kind of stupid with a size 6 foot...I feel like a ring much smaller than what I have might look disproportionate. I will say this: I live in a very casual/green/*cough*hippie-ish*cough town full of academics and people who just don't care about diamonds. So mine is typically the larger of rings in our circles, but no one has ever commented negatively. In fact, most don't comment, period, aside from the occasional, "wow, that's a really beautiful ring." Here, you are more likely to be judged by your education, your bicycle (seriously! :errrr: ), what you do on the weekends for fun (highest honors going to the most outdoorsy folks), whether you have a compost pile, your taste in music, food, etc. Hell, even the First Lady of the university here just wears a pretty YG band, no bling whatsoever. But their home is AMAZING.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results