shape
carat
color
clarity

Does This Look Right? - Stacked Bands/Engagement Ring

ckupiec

Rough_Rock
Hi All - this is my first post on the site, so please let me know if I'm not posting in the right section, etc. Anyway, I've always been obsessed with stacked rings and just this past weekend, my husband got me an anniversary band to wear with my engagement ring and wedding band. I was there, and I picked out the band; however, I'm not 100% sure they all look right together. We had our 3.5 month old and our 3 year old with us at the jewelry store, so you can imagine what an intense experience it was.

I've posted some pics, and they're not great so let me know if I should post additional. I'm not sure if the new anniversary band is too thick next to my other rings? I'm also not sure if my stone in my engagement ring is set high enough to pull off the look? I tried on a few bands, and thinner also didn't look right. I thought I was going to love a shared prong band, but again it didn't seem to fit. This was definitely the best one, but I'm still not sure.

Part of the problem (I think) is my hands get REALLY swollen in pregnancy, so I couldn't wear my rings for about the last 10 months (I finally ended up getting them sized up). I'm not sure if part of the issue is I'm not used to wearing rings in general, so I need to get used to it again.

Any advice/input is much appreciated!!!

-Jen

2016-03-28_15.jpg

2016-03-28_0.jpg

2016-03-28_1.jpg

WeeOui

Rough_Rock
Premium
They look beautiful; I love the channel-set eternity. Can you take a picture of the stack with the eternity band on the bottom and the plain band in the middle and see how you like that look? I personally like a plain band in the middle to break up all the diamonds.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same here! I love the combination, but I prefer the diamond band on the bottom, plain band in the middle, and engagement ring on top! Very pretty!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Jen I love it! It's a really pretty combination :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty. The widths, height etc - all looks very pretty to me!

I also think you should try the diamond band on the bottom. I refused to do this for a very long time as my wedding band had not left my finger since the day my husband put it on, but when I realised I was being superstitious & silly, I swapped them around & they look far more balanced.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty stack!

ckupiec

Rough_Rock
Thanks all - I really appreciate the input. I tried the stack with the anniversary band at the bottom. What do you think? I think my problem is the tiny bit deeper (not sure if this is technically the right way to describe this) than my other two rings. I actually need to have the anniversary band sized up from a 6.5 to a 7. Do you guys know if it is easy/difficult to have gold removed to level it out a little? Thanks again, and thank you for the compliments!!!

20160329_080527.jpg

20160329_080511.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. Definitely prefer this combo. Regarding the height & sizing issue, and I have NO idea if this can be done, but if the inside of the band is solid, would it be possible to have it shaved out? Almost to hollow it more? This would make it bigger & the profile lower. But I'm not a jeweller.... :wink2:

ckupiec

Rough_Rock
Alex T. - thanks again for the feedback. That is exactly what I was thinking about shaving out the inside. I will definitely ask when I bring it in for sizing.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your wedding band is thinner and looks more rounded than the channel set band. Channel set bands are pretty much flat due to the nature of the setting. It is almost impossible to get them to look the same in terms of height and roundness. I like the three together and prefer the first set of pictures. Beautiful!

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
I like the anniversary band, but I actually like it better in the middle. The greater height there seems to work, but either way, it looks great! You wear the stacked look very well...I always admire it on others but just can't seem to do it with the elegance others (like you) do!

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
I am going to be the odd one out and say I usually like eternity bands the same mm width or less next to the e-ring, but yours is lovely as is. I like the platinum band in between, breaking it up, since they are all seemingly slightly diff mm. The cool part is you can always change them up! Add, retract or replace! What a fun thing!!! Beautiful pieces though!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the diamond band much better at the bottom! I think that works better since the plain band is lower height and works better next to the e-ring. If the diamond band is full eternity, it needs to be exchanged for the right size. It should not be sized at all. However, if it is half diamonds, then it can be sized a little.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful set!! I love the look with the diamond band at the bottom.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The rings look beautiful together! I think I prefer the diamond band on the bottom too…but both ways look nice, you could switch occasionally just for a little variety.

ckupiec

Rough_Rock
Hi All - thank you so, so much for your feedback! I really appreciate it, and I've come to love the ring/combo over the last couple of days. Ironically, I think the ONLY thing I would change at this point is perhaps my engagement ring setting. I am thinking maybe I would prefer a 6 prong setting that's a little higher over my current 4 prong, but I'm going to live with what I've got for awhile.

The diamond band isn't actually an eternity, the diamonds just go around the sides far enough that it's hard to tell. I've gotten my engagement/wedding band sized frequently enough I know I can't do an eternity!

Thanks again all, I REALLY appreciate it!!!

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This looks PERFECT!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look pretty together. I kind of like the diamond band at the bottom of your stack but either way looks great.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results