shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this band make my ering look bigger?

Does the wide dome band make my solitaire look bigger?

• A. Yes

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • B. No. It shrinks it.

Votes: 73 88.0%

• Total voters

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think your gorgeous ring looks bad with any of the bands; it just looks different.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
DE6FC18C-2CFD-4572-834B-008E77495FB3.jpeg 58586018-BE67-4FCF-AE1A-4A31C4952DEB.jpeg 68088EEA-4245-4F6E-AC84-BC47DDEE3CA8.jpeg Ever since my I lost weight and my finger dropped to a 4.75 I have been dying to see my stone in a solitaire look. So it’s in a simple stock setting. And I’m trying to adjust and in the mean time trying out different bands.
Here is one band that I was not expecting to like. Please be honest.
I think I’m attracted to the look Bc of the novelty. Lol. But i don’t want to buy it and have it just sitting around if I feel it takes away from my solitaire.
slightly off topic but what's that ring on your index finger ?
may i have a wee look please
you have such lovelly rings

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala I love all of your iterations with your beautiful diamond. I don’t think the wide band makes your ring look smaller or larger. But I do think it is a crisp, clean classic look. I love a plain band too, but like to change bands up also. So I say, if you don’t already have a nice wide band then you need to add it to your collection for days you want to have that look! So pretty! Are you missing your halo yet?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think what makes stones look bigger is when they stand out from their surroundings, so surrounding a white stone with more white does the opposite of that. I think your solitaire looks biggest in the first pic of it with other bands, the fan ring, probably because there are little gaps where your hand shows through around the bottom and so the diamond really pops.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, lovely as it is, I think it just looks too chunky.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stone looks largest in this combo:
197c81b1-06af-48e9-973b-a6663c832fb5-jpeg.704257

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think it makes it look bigger OR smaller.

Fwiw, I have size 5 fingers and a 2ct stone and yours looks way bigger than mine in the OP photos. So I definitely don't think it's shrinking it "down" to 2ct.

I personally love the look in the original post. If I went for white gold, I would definitely have a band like that. But maybe I'm biased as my own band is 4mm.
Wow! Ty! I’m still seriously tempted.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i love a wide band so im biased
i love love love that wider band
you have lovelly hands
but we are all going to get older and i think wide bands are more flattering
Would love to see pics of your wide band with ering!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
389BAC5B-4DD0-4891-8377-55FB5A4F6E90.jpeg
I don’t think the wide band makes it look bigger.
Your ring is beautiful! Luckily it is big enough you could wear it with any ring and it will not look “small.”

I think it would look biggest with a thin band that is either the same width as the ering or a small bit thinner diamond eternity than the ering width.
So I’m testing out your theory. Lol.

Here it is with a 1.25 5 stone.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala I love all of your iterations with your beautiful diamond. I don’t think the wide band makes your ring look smaller or larger. But I do think it is a crisp, clean classic look. I love a plain band too, but like to change bands up also. So I say, if you don’t already have a nice wide band then you need to add it to your collection for days you want to have that look! So pretty! Are you missing your halo yet?
Thank you! Am I missing my halo? I will say that rocking a soli raises my awareness of my inclusions :angryfire:. I had forgotten about one in particular, lol. But other than that, I’m learning to appreciate it!

Last edited:

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Personally i like the wider band, but would i say that it makes the soli look bigger? No. Does it make it look smaller? Also a no.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Am I missing my halo? I will say that rocking raises my awareness of my inclusions :angryfire:. I had forgotten about one in particular, lol. But other than that, I’m learning to appreciate it!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally i like the wider band, but would i say that it makes the soli look bigger? No. Does it make it look smaller? Also a no.
Well. This is a good thing!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wish I could. Lol. But I forgot which one it is. I think it is one of the bands that I was wearing with my ering and I just placed it there to try on this one. Tho I do have many bands that I wear on my index finger. There is a thread in smtb for index fingers. I may just have to post some. Ty.

acted

Rough_Rock
use 3mm ring width and 2mm plain band, which would make your diamond stand out good and bigger.
white head with yellow bands, diamond looks a lot bigger.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Would love to see pics of your wide band with ering![/QUOTE
alas i am not married so don't have an ER
and after 19 years i don't see me getting one
but most of the rings ive brought myself are all wide bands and i have short stubby fingers

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
Normally I go with a smaller band, but these two together are bold in a very compatible way. I think, when looked at as kind of a set, it works. !

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
For me, I would say the wide band isn’t something that I would pair with your e ring. However, having a look at all your other bands, this wide one would definitely give you more variety and a very much different look and feel.

How do you feel about it now? I just realised that the thread is a few months old.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me, I would say the wide band isn’t something that I would pair with your e ring. However, having a look at all your other bands, this wide one would definitely give you more variety and a very much different look and feel.

How do you feel about it now? I just realised that the thread is a few months old.

I agree with Greg. Love your ring, it's gorgeous. And the band is also beautiful. But I wouldn't pair them together. I think the thickness of the band detracts from the size of your diamond. If you want to maximize the look of the diamond size a band that is thinner (matching the width of the shank of your ER) would be better. IMO.

Stone looks largest in this combo:
197c81b1-06af-48e9-973b-a6663c832fb5-jpeg.704257

I agree with @msop04 that your stone looks largest with the above combo. Gorgeous combination. <3

Of course as with all things bling it comes down to personal preferences and your aesthetic. There is no right or wrong and as you can see by the many answers here there are many different opinions.

What are your thoughts @nala now that you have been/if you have been wearing this combo for a few months?

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it. But, I'm biased, I have a nearly identical band with my ring. I think a larger stone can carry a wider band. It also great on its own, which I often wear it as.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results