shape
carat
color
clarity

Does that make me crazy?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
So, my all time favorite morning show on the radio does this every few weeks, and I love it...

They ask people to call in with their crazy little nuances, and then they vote if the person is crazy or not. (Obviously we WON''T be voting). I just thought it would be fun and a great laugh for everyone!!

So here''s mine: I carry a bottle of Purell with me everywhere. No, not just one bottle. I have one in my car, one at my desk, one for each of the purses I use regularly, one in FI''s car, one in my gym bag, and one at each of the sinks in my home. It drives FI crazy, but now he asks me if I have my Purell like any other would make sure their FI has their keys.

An example from the show, my all time favorite:
The woman would make decisions based on how many letters were in signs she saw while driving. EX...
Her: Should I go to work out today?
(see''s Target sign)
T- I should
A- I shouldn''t
R- I should
G- I shouldn''t
E- I should
T- I shouldn''t

So, she wouldn''t go work out... Too funny!!
9.gif

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 4:23:36 PM
Author:meresal
So, my all time favorite morning show on the radio does this every few weeks, and I love it...

They ask people to call in with their crazy little nuances, and then they vote if the person is crazy or not. (Obviously we WON''T be voting). I just thought it would be fun and a great laugh for everyone!!

So here''s mine: I carry a bottle of Purell with me everywhere. No, not just one bottle. I have one in my car, one at my desk, one for each of the purses I use regularly, one in FI''s car, one in my gym bag, and one at each of the sinks in my home. It drives FI crazy, but now he asks me if I have my Purell like any other would make sure their FI has their keys.

The woman would make decisions based on how many letters were in signs she saw while driving. EX...
(see''s Target sign)
T- I should
A- I shouldn''t
R- I should
G- I shouldn''t
E- I should
T- I shouldn''t

9.gif
mer- i am so with you on teh hand sanitizer thing... i carry vaseline around with me everywhere. i will buy another huge vat of it if i forget it at home..just so that i will have some with me. i don''t even carry the travel size.. i whip out the HUGE vat.. i get strange looks on a daily basis!

i am 29 and still sleep with my blanket that i was wrapped in when i was born.... my fiance will put it under my hand before he leaves in the morning.. what a sweetpea he is! its pathetic but i cannot sleep without it. and i am hanging my head in shame!!

the last thing is that i will not sleep without socks... and i put vaseline on my feet before i put the socks on. it drives D loony... even when we are at the beach and it is hot as anything..i am wearing socks

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 4:30:23 PM
Author: cbs102
mer- i am so with you on teh hand sanitizer thing... i carry vaseline around with me everywhere. i will buy another huge vat of it if i forget it at home..just so that i will have some with me. i don''t even carry the travel size.. i whip out the HUGE vat.. i get strange looks on a daily basis!

i am 29 and still sleep with my blanket that i was wrapped in when i was born.... my fiance will put it under my hand before he leaves in the morning.. what a sweetpea he is! its pathetic but i cannot sleep without it. and i am hanging my head in shame!!

the last thing is that i will not sleep without socks... and i put vaseline on my feet before i put the socks on. it drives D loony... even when we are at the beach and it is hot as anything..i am wearing socks
I can only imagine!! LOL!! Then when you mentioned the socks at night, I got a mental picure of you dipping your feet in the vats before slipping into bed. LOL!!

FYI: A freind of mine does the vaseline at night and she swears by it.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
dippin
Date: 8/26/2008 4:41:14 PM
Author: meresal

I can only imagine!! LOL!! Then when you mentioned the socks at night, I got a mental picure of you dipping your feet in the vats before slipping into bed. LOL!!

FYI: A freind of mine does the vaseline at night and she swears by it.
now i am imagining myself dipping my feet in cafeteria mayo sized vats..eew!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
This is so funny - I have so many weird little quirks that drive BF nuts!

I *always* have to have lip balm with me, no matter what, and if I don''t have any I''ll buy one just to have on hand. I must have a zillion Burt''s Bee''s, Chapstick, & Blistek''s laying around!

I also have to eat candy/food in rainbow order and I like there to be equal amounts of each color, so if there are 3 green, 2 blue, and 2 yellow M&Ms, I have to eat the 1 extra green one first to even things out and then I have to eat them in whatever comes first in rainbow colored order. Bizarre, I know. I also always eat hamburgers in a circular fashion rather than from one edge to the next.

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, first of all I love that radio show too!

My does that make me crazy nuance is: I count while I''m in the shower. Sometimes out loud, sometimes in my head. I count to 100 then start over and over. Don''t know why I do it or when it started really. Maybe I''m crazy?!
5.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Haha you listen to Kidd Kraddick don''t you!

When I put butter/peanut butter/any spread onto bread, I have to lather it three times. Up once, down, and back up again.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 5:22:14 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
Haha you listen to Kidd Kraddick don't you!

When I put butter/peanut butter/any spread onto bread, I have to lather it three times. Up once, down, and back up again.
I do!! I've listened to him since I was in 5th grade and my mom drove me to school, back when he was doing Bathtime with Caroline. Can't believe she's going to college. Now he's all over the nation, and funny thing is, he moved right down the street from my parents!! Crazy!!
ETA: I have to listen to it on my computer in the mornings, but I sneak it in
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
OMG. i FREAKIN'' puffy heart kidd kraddick in the morning.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

it''s always a tear jerker. whether laughing or sad tears.

blondie23

Shiny_Rock

They ask people to call in with their crazy little nuances, and then they vote if the person is crazy or not. (Obviously we WON'T be voting). I just thought it would be fun and a great laugh for everyone!!

So here's mine: I carry a bottle of Purell with me everywhere. No, not just one bottle. I have one in my car, one at my desk, one for each of the purses I use regularly, one in FI's car, one in my gym bag, and one at each of the sinks in my home. It drives FI crazy, but now he asks me if I have my Purell like any other would make sure their FI has their keys.

(see's Target sign)
T- I should
A- I shouldn't
R- I should
G- I shouldn't
E- I should
T- I shouldn't

So, she wouldn't go work out... Too funny!!
9.gif
HAHAHHAHAHA. I love Kidd Kraddick.

Do you remember the one where the girl said she would always pick dishes from the bottom of the stack because she thinks that her dishes have feelings?????? TOO FUNNY!

Or how about the girl who gives acceptance speeches when she looks at the mirror??? HAHAHAHAH

LOVE that show and I listen to it every morning.

Are you here in Dallas?

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 5:27:13 PM
Date: 8/26/2008 5:22:14 PM

Author: OUpeargirl

Haha you listen to Kidd Kraddick don''t you!

I do!! I''ve listened to him since I was in 5th grade and my mom drove me to school, back when he was doing Bathtime with Caroline. Can''t believe she''s going to college. Now he''s all over the nation, and funny thing is, he moved right down the street from my parents!! Crazy!!

ETA: I have to listen to it on my computer in the mornings, but I sneak it in
36.gif

Haha I was in elementary school when it first came on the radio as well! I absolutely looove that show. I was in a bathroom with Kelly once, and she is NOT fat, no matter how many times she tells herself she is. You must be from the DFW area then..

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I grew up in far east Ft Worth/Arlington where my parents still live. I moved to Houston in May of 07, and KK doesn't have the Houston market, and I can't listen the morning show here
14.gif

**Sorry fellow Houstonions, but I can't stand R&R.**

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 5:19:56 PM
Author: InLuv101
Ok, first of all I love that radio show too!

My does that make me crazy nuance is: I count while I''m in the shower. Sometimes out loud, sometimes in my head. I count to 100 then start over and over. Don''t know why I do it or when it started really. Maybe I''m crazy?!
5.gif
This is too funny!!!
9.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I don't have many quirks.

I will say though that as an accountant, I need everything to be even, otherwise it drives me crazy. I can't have two on one side and three on the other. For example, we get these tombstones every year with a list of accomplishments. I have 3 so far as I've been here for 3 years. The first one was red and rectangular. The second was blue and square. This third one is red again and the height is a little smaller than the first and a little bigger than the second. It drives me insane because it doesn't look right. If I line it up by color then it's red blue red but then the height doesn't look right. If I line it up by height then its red, red, blue or F'06, F'08, F'07 which was driving me insane.
gaah.gif

So I put the 06 and 07 in the drawer and just left the 08 out
Whistle2.gif
bat%20eyes3.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
meresal, is R&R the Rod Ryan show?

I''ve never head of the show you speak of, but I do have weird quirks. I think EVERYTHING has feelings and I develop a lot of attachments to inanimate objects. For example, recently we were cleaning out our storage room which had a bunch of oversized carnival stuffed animals. You know, the HUGE ones. I told DH he could put them in the Salvation Army bin down the road, but that he had to take them from the house when I wasn''t around. Part of me feels like the stuffed animals would think we''re abandoning them! lol.
I also do it with furniture. DH still have one of those MASSIVE wooden tvs and I want to get rid of it SO bad, but at the same time I want to keep it because it is still in great condition (despite being like 20 years old), and I know that no one would ever appreciate it the way we do.

Another quirk:
No matter where I am or what I''m doing I HAVE to save all insects. If I''m in a pool or the ocean and I see a bug grasping for life in the water, I''ll scoop it up and bring it to dry land. I''ll even blow on it to help it dry it''s wings. I talk to them too....tell them everything is going to be okay.
12.gif
I save and/or talk to every bug in my house too. Even if it''s a spider! I''m deathy scared of them but I''ll capture them under a glass and slide a piece of paper underneath so I can put them outside properly.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock

(see''s Target sign)
T- I should
A- I shouldn''t
R- I should
G- I shouldn''t
E- I should
T- I shouldn''t

9.gif

I DO THE SAME THING! I try to pass my blankie off as a "pillow case" since I just put it over my pillow when I sleep, but my FF thinks I''m hilarious. I don''t bring her with me when I travel anymore, but I just love having her on my bed...

ETA: Does it make me crazy that I just referred to my blankie as "her"?!?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 7:23:56 PM
Author: GoingCrazy29

I DO THE SAME THING! I try to pass my blankie off as a ''pillow case'' since I just put it over my pillow when I sleep, but my FF thinks I''m hilarious. I don''t bring her with me when I travel anymore, but I just love having her on my bed...

ETA: Does it make me crazy that I just referred to my blankie as ''her''?!?
LOL!!!

Luckystar- I was refering to the Roula and Ryan show. They whine alot, and it drives me nuts. That''s saying alot becuase I''m only in the car for 15 minuted in the morning.
3.gif

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
I moved to Dallas four years ago and Kidd Kraddick is among my favorite things about living here! I don''t have anything that makes me "crazy", although my purse is always stocked with hand sanitizer, kleenex, wet ones, a tide stain remover pen and a mini first aid kit.

...oh wow, I''m a nut job...

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
i''m sure most of my quirks aren''t all that original, but i think my two biggest ones are i have to touch and smell everything. i get my grubby hands all over everything whenever we walk into a store - craft stores with fabric sections are my favorite for sure, and toy stores with stuffed animals. i also like to smell things...(mostly food). i''ll never ''try a bite/sip'' if offered, but i''ll always ask to smell other people''s things (if i know them, obviously!). i just like smelling different things, even if i would never eat or drink them.

i also rarely finish books. i don''t have a problem if it''s a book i''m co-reading with FI, but if i''m reading it on my own, i''ll usually only get 3/4s of the way through it before i drop it and forget about it. i LOVE reading, but i don''t have the commitment required for most good novels. i never remember plot or storylines anyways (movies, books, nothing), so i feel like there''s really no lost investment, as i wouldn''t remember how it ended anyways. (i LOVE sherlock holmes stories and other short stories because they are so short!)

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
haha these are funny... one of mine would be.. when Im driving somewhere I like to figure out how long its going to take me, and I mean exactly, not an estimate.. Ill take 60 then divide it by however fast im driving divide then multiply it by how many miles... it gets bad, i do it down to like the second lol...all in my head none the less...hahaha... thats what made me decide i like math a little too much... im always playing with numbers, FF thinks im crazy because he hates math, I do it for fun...
9.gif

OH and im really weird with my closet... My clothes are all by color...and so are the hangers... thats bad huh.. haha :)

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 2:16:22 AM
Author: blondebunny
haha these are funny... one of mine would be.. when Im driving somewhere I like to figure out how long its going to take me, and I mean exactly, not an estimate.. Ill take 60 then divide it by however fast im driving divide then multiply it by how many miles... it gets bad, i do it down to like the second lol...all in my head none the less...hahaha... thats what made me decide i like math a little too much... im always playing with numbers, FF thinks im crazy because he hates math, I do it for fun...
9.gif

OH and im really weird with my closet... My clothes are all by color...and so are the hangers... thats bad huh.. haha :)
How in the world do you concentrate on driving!!
32.gif
Haha!!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
BB- My closet is by colors too! And it will be Black longsleeves, black shortsleeves, black sleeveless, black and white longsleeve... etc, etc. I also have two closets in my college house.. one is my shirts, pants, and flats closet and the other one is ENTIRELY dresses and heels. I am a total girly girl and it usually amazes my friends how many dresses I own haha.

In my cell phone''s address book I have to have people''s first and last name. The only exclusions are my family, and my boyfriend. My best friend is under Jane Doe. I can''t help it.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
OMG y''all, Kidd is getting a divorce :( He writes about it pretty eloquently

http://www.kiddnation.com/profiles/blog/show?id=2083456%3ABlogPost%3A272609

Just thought the Kidd fans would like to know in case they missed it this morning.

brgirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 9:58:55 AM
Author: somehowcollide

Just thought the Kidd fans would like to know in case they missed it this morning.
My sister called me to tell me that like an hour ago! It''s so weird that I even clicked on this thread and it''s about Kidd Kraddick''s bit. I do love that show, and also grew up listening to bathtime with Caroline..I remember when he was on 97.1 The Eagle, then one weekend they fired him, played Hotel California for 24 hours straight, then changed their format...He didn''t have a job for a while! And I used to listen to Bert from his show in Atlanta...I just wish they''d syndicate in Maine. (we can''t listen to streaming at work)

I don''t have any weird quirks anymore....I used to have to cross my toes whenever I sat down..but I don''t anymore!

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 9:58:55 AM
Author: somehowcollide

OMG, that is shocking! Am I the only one who is surprised by this?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
My mom told me about it about a yr ago, maybe a little less. I think she heard through the grapevine of some mutual friends. We were definitely hoping that it was just a rumor. I have a feeling it probably would have been a while ago, if it wasn't for Caroline still being in high school. Lots of parents will stay together until the child is in college. I have a really good friend who's parents did this.

However, if you have been listening to the show for a VERY extended period of time (ex. like before they went syndicated), we all know how much he has changed from the humble dfw DJ he used to be... Some couples grow together and others grow apart. All in all it is very sad. You almost feel like you are mourning with them.
7.gif

My mom and I actually talked about him this weekend. I had a hard time dealing with the fact that he spent a good 2 or 3 weeks in LA and sooooo much extra time with Freddy, the summer before his daughter was leaving for college, and possibly to the Northeast that. Just didn't seem right to me... just my opinion though.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 11:35:47 AM
Author: brgirl

My sister called me to tell me that like an hour ago! It's so weird that I even clicked on this thread and it's about Kidd Kraddick's bit. I do love that show, and also grew up listening to bathtime with Caroline..I remember when he was on 97.1 The Eagle, then one weekend they fired him, played Hotel California for 24 hours straight, then changed their format...He didn't have a job for a while! And I used to listen to Bert from his show in Atlanta...I just wish they'd syndicate in Maine. (we can't listen to streaming at work)

I don't have any weird quirks anymore....I used to have to cross my toes whenever I sat down..but I don't anymore!

Wow BRGirl, you really are a fan! I had no idea that he was on the air for so long! Have you gone to KiddLive.com? You can stream the show when it's on live, and they have something called KPod where you can hear bits. I actually love KPod, no downloading or anything. Funny that your sis called to tell you. I have a DFW friend who just moved to Manhattan and I told her immediately (via Gmail chat) and she was like "Wow, Caroline is in college? I remember when she started elementary school!"

PS I read your last line and realized that I am crossing my toes at this very moment!
23.gif

Date: 8/29/2008 12:29:28 PM
Author: InLuv101

OMG, that is shocking! Am I the only one who is surprised by this?

Sadly, I am quite surprised too
8.gif
I remember when he used to talk about his marriage and I've always thought he was such a great guy. I guess, well, I guess a marriage is a very complex thing...
It's also strange how attached we become to some media "personalities." I really felt a lot of compassion for him, and I know a lot of other fans do as well.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
OMG!! I just read the blog...
39.gif
I can''t believe it had already been finalized. Truely heart wrenching.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 2:21:10 PM
OMG!! I just read the blog...
39.gif
I can''t believe it had already been finalized. Truely heart wrenching.

Ugh, I know Meresal!
pat.gif
The audio is even more painful, not sure if it is up yet, or if you''d even want to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results