shape
carat
color
clarity

Does need to switch stone for the crown angle

flystar168

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I ever purchase one whiteflash ACA stone which crown angel 34.9,but I found the another similar ACA stone which crown angle is 34.6. they have the same pavilion angle 40.7 . So if i switch to the least one which crown angle is 34.6 , I need to pay more $150. Is it worth for the crown angle? Is the 34.6 will has the more brilliant than mine ?

I read some info following link, it said that the 34.5/40.7 will have the best light return(not light performance)
http://www.prosumerdiamonds.com/whiteflash-review/

mine stone :

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3640398.htm

The stone which crown angle is 34.6

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3646341.htm#

I only has about 24 hours to switch it, So please give me the more advices. many thanks to all warm person

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, you do NOT need to change your diamond because of the angles! I doubt you could tell the difference between those diamonds in real life! The other one costs more because it is a tiny bit larger. I do not agree with the advice you read at all. So read here on PS and do not read that other site!

flystar168

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1459483836|4014038 said:
No, you do NOT need to change your diamond because of the angles! I doubt you could tell the difference between those diamonds in real life! The other one costs more because it is a tiny bit larger. I do not agree with the advice you read at all. So read here on PS and do not read that other site!

many thanks to you !!!

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
So read here on PS and do not read that other site!

LOL - Practical and concise as always.

KobiD

Shiny_Rock
Have you been through a couple shops and compared actual diamonds? Even though the PS community pushes for the ideal to super ideal stones, my experience was that the differences in reality were quite minor, even when moving towards GIA Very Good cuts with GIA 3X that would be considered deep and leaky still being quite appealing.

In saying that, better light return will statistically face up brighter in a larger variety of lighting environments - particularly out of the showroom. It makes sense to seek a high level of cut and precision, but the choice is a very personal one and we all make our own compromises, be it cut, colour, clarity, or size.

Those two you have listed are both what you would expect out of an ACA. On paper they are extremely similar, and in reality I doubt you would be able to even tell them apart if switched.

flystar168

Rough_Rock
KobiD|1459569101|4014441 said:
Have you been through a couple shops and compared actual diamonds? Even though the PS community pushes for the ideal to super ideal stones, my experience was that the differences in reality were quite minor, even when moving towards GIA Very Good cuts with GIA 3X that would be considered deep and leaky still being quite appealing.

In saying that, better light return will statistically face up brighter in a larger variety of lighting environments - particularly out of the showroom. It makes sense to seek a high level of cut and precision, but the choice is a very personal one and we all make our own compromises, be it cut, colour, clarity, or size.

Those two you have listed are both what you would expect out of an ACA. On paper they are extremely similar, and in reality I doubt you would be able to even tell them apart if switched.

Thanks to KobiD,
I am not sure that i could see the different between two stone, I am newbie about diamond knowledge and only see three true stones so far.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamond_Hawk|1459538802|4014264 said:
So read here on PS and do not read that other site!

LOL - Practical and concise as always.

:wavey: Lol! I just tell it like it is! So much for beating around the bush!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results