shape
carat
color
clarity

Does it make anyone else stabby when the clasp of your necklace rotates to the front?

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
I generally stick the necklaces that have the pendants attached to the chain directly for this very reason.

But my new-to-me necklace just has the conventional bail that the chain glides through. So I'm constantly checking and moving the clasp to the back like a nervous tick. I know I sound like a crazy person here, lol.

Here is the necklace.
IMG_20190531_131538169_HDR.jpg

At first I thought I could remove the bail and have the flower attached to the chain, sort of like this here. But.... the back of the bail has the Pt900 as well as the carat weight stamped on it, and I don't want to lose that information :-/
il_fullxfull.1444802922_f0vx.jpg

Do you think I can just have the chain soldered to the bail, on the inside? Has anyone done that? I'm also open to any other suggestion that will solve the rotating clasp problem.

Thanks!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ I don't have any suggestions re: solving your rotating clasp dilemma, but I really love the inspiration photo you posted of the flower pendant with bezelled diamonds on the chain ... I did do a Google Image search to see if I could find the vendor/designer but no results; do you happen have more info about it? =)2

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My clasp always seems to come around to the front, and always on the right side! (Maybe because I'm right hand dominant?)

I tend not to buy pendants that are attached to a set point in the chain (as in the inspiration photo) because those necklaces rotate on my neck too, and then the pendant is off center! I still end up fiddling with the necklace to center it right. Can't win. :roll2:

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
^ I don't have any suggestions re: solving your rotating clasp dilemma, but I really love the inspiration photo you posted of the flower pendant with bezelled diamonds on the chain ... I did do a Google Image search to see if I could find the vendor/designer but no results; do you happen have more info about it? =)2

But of course I have the info :) I have it saved as a favorite on Etsy.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/502563161/diamond-flower-necklace?ref=shop_home_active_18&cns=1

If the link doesn't work, the shop name is SkinnyBling.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So... this might sound a little crazy... but I had a necklace that did that and I took some clear fishing line and tied the bale to a link in back and cut the knot super short. Voila! (I've actually solved several jewelry problems over the years with fishing line -- handy stuff!)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The BEST projects (although not necessarily jewelry related) involve both fishing line AND duct tape. Add in some spackle and a shim and I'm in HEAVEN!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had them soldered before, great option if you never want to change the chain.

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
So... this might sound a little crazy... but I had a necklace that did that and I took some clear fishing line and tied the bale to a link in back and cut the knot super short. Voila! (I've actually solved several jewelry problems over the years with fishing line -- handy stuff!)
This is kind of brilliant, actually! Thank you :)

(puts fishing line on shopping list)

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I might have used white organza silk thread to shut a locket - a temporary fix now a few years old...

Else, you could knot the chain above the pendant Y -like, or through the bale - if you care for the either look.

2c

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But, but...I was taught that when the closure slipped to the front, you got to make a wish. Then you return it to the back where it belongs. I still do this. I don't know who taught me about this, but I take all the free wishes I can.:P2

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But, but...I was taught that when the closure slipped to the front, you got to make a wish. Then you return it to the back where it belongs. I still do this. I don't know who taught me about this, but I take all the free wishes I can.:P2

Same. Came here to post this.

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
@lyra @mary poppins

Oooh, I've never heard of that before. I suppose it helps take away some of the aggravations, lol.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same. Came here to post this.

This is fabulous news & I will start making wishes ASAP! I have a Tiffany platinum solitaire pendant, to which my husband had a small platinum heart added to the clasp before he gave it to me. So it’s always been heavy & swings to the front ALL the time. But apart from removing for cleaning or other more serious stuff, like c-sections, I wear it 24/7, so it’s just a part of me & I don’t notice it. However, I will be rich in wishes by the end of next week!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results