shape
carat
color
clarity

Does it annoy you to see prices increasing instead of dropping?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
So we all know that times are rough and I think a lot of companies are doing their part to encourage shopping such as buy 1 get 1 free, or 50% off, etc.

Today I found myself annoyed when I went to sign up for cable. It has always been cable, internet, and phone for $99. They call it the triple play...3 services for $33 each.

Now, it''s $145!

Maybe I feel entitled to lower prices or something as a consumer LOL

Anyone else experiencing this in their neighborhoods?

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Can you believe it? It''s now cheaper to un-bundle! D and I are moving in a few weeks and I was looking at the pricing for the cable triple play in the new house...with a DVR (non-HD, even!) the bundle is $160/month! Looks like we are going back to the telco triple play with a dish, which is now sub-$100. There is no way cable is worth that much more to me.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I''m annoyed with people who added "fuel surcharges" to their fees a few months ago. I was OK with it when gas was $4.50/gallon, but um, why aren''t you dropping that back down now that it is $1.75/gallon. I buy most of my fresh fruit and veggies from the farmers market and prices went sky high this summer but haven''t come back down. I hate feeling like I''m splurging when all I''m buying is produce.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Yeah the catch with the bundles is that the low price is not locked in for the life of your service. Our cable bill has streadily increased over the years without adding any services. We just recently got hit again taking our monthly bill over $100 and we don''t even have movie channels!! What I did was call to see if they have any packages that would reduce our bill and luckily they had a special that gives us HBO and Starz with DVR and sports package for about $75 before taxes. The solution I have learned, is threaten to leave and see what they can do for you. When the special ends I''ll just call back and threaten to cancel and see what happens...

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 10:54:01 AM
Author: onedrop
Yeah the catch with the bundles is that the low price is not locked in for the life of your service. Our cable bill has streadily increased over the years without adding any services. We just recently got hit again taking our monthly bill over $100 and we don't even have movie channels!! What I did was call to see if they have any packages that would reduce our bill and luckily they had a special that gives us HBO and Starz with DVR and sports package for about $75 before taxes. The solution I have learned, is threaten to leave and see what they can do for you. When the special ends I'll just call back and threaten to cancel and see what happens...

I've always had them lower it back down simply by calling...it's a pain to have to do every year, but it's kept our bill very reasonable for awhile now! But yes it does annoy me to have service fees increased substantially without any reason!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
It really is cheaper to just get the services separate. They do have a special for $39.99 for the first six months and it increases to $89.99 after that. The triple play used to be $99 for a year! Wow

I hear you guys on the fuel charges too. I was suprised to see so many wedding venues charging this as well (as well as some utility charges).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results