shape
carat
color
clarity

Does Everyone have Wedding Nightmares?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
I always thought, that won''t happen to me, I''ve got everything under control....well I was wrong. Last week I had a dream that when I went to pick up my dress, they couldn''t find it and the only dress they had in the whole store that would fit me was a lavender mermaid style gown...with halter straps.

Last night, I had a dream that no one could find my Dad on the wedding day, I ran all over town looking for him, frantically searching. I never got my hair or make up done, he was at the church waiting for me the whole time, and I had to walk down the aisle looking like a hot mess and refused to take any pictures at my wedding because of the way I looked.

Why does this happen? I really have everything done with the wedding, just a few small details to take care of, and it will be 4 months on Friday...so really I have time. I dont even feel stressed about the wedding!

Anyone else having nightmares?

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
I certainly do! I find them rather humerous though. I keep a ''wedding journal'', so to speak, and everytime I have a wedding related dream, I write it in there. I know that I will want to remember them someday, and pass them on to my daughter if I ever have one.

My nightmares range from decor disasters to weather disasters to hair and makeup disasters. My wedding is 4 months away too!!

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, happens to me too! I haven''t had any for quite a while, but I had a ton about a month after I got engaged - right when planning was starting to get going. I have been realllly relaxed about the wedding lately, but I have no doubt that the dreams will start up again in a month or two, once we get about three months out.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
I have the same date as you Nov! I had dreams for a while when I was just beginning the planning, but not in a while. I know how you feel. You just want the day to be perfect. We all do.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha. Yes. I usually have a wedding nightmare every couple weeks. Mainly they''re do to me never having booked a hairstylist. In my dream, I sleep in and don''t have time to take a shower and get my hair done.

I''m a procrastinator by nature, so I"m sure that''s why I have dreams about not being ready for the day. It''s SUCH a good feeling when I wake up to realize it was all a dream. Bittersweet because I get to experience my wedding day, but it''s not what I want to have happen at all.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
yeah, I''ve had a few. Usually it''s about something simple going terribly wrong, and I''m sure it''s because I''m such a perfectionist.
The last one I had involved me not being able to find a razor to shave, because for whatever reason I forgot to... the scariest part though was that I had hairy man legs
23.gif
and because I spent so much time trying to find one, i never got my hair or makeup done and I looked terrible.
Others have been more or less people complaining about food/music/decorations or not having fun...

all just dreams though

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
I''ve only had one, but I''ve also only been engaged a month, so I''m sure there will be more! In my dream, we hadn''t planned anything out, so the ceremony and reception were a disaster. I was so upset! Such a relief to wake up!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I''m married and had one last night lol I must be losin it!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I had a couple, all about the dress. Oof, thank goodness I''m married!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhh yes. All. The. Time.

Perhaps I have anxiety issues...

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I had one last week...and I''m not even engaged yet!

In the dream I had planned out the reception really well but when guests started arriving I realised I had forgot about the ceremony part and had to rush round looking for a venue close by. My dress was also fuggly, there was a tortoise which tryed to attack me and only 4 of my guests turned up. It was a really crappy dream wedding.

pinki

Shiny_Rock
OMG I have them at least once a month...it''s always some sort of disaster...no dress...wrong everything, even the wrong date! I show up and no one is there, or I forget all my make-up and forget to do my hair, you name it, it happens.

It''s like these wedding dreams took over the college exam/naked dreams!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 12:43:10 AM
Author: 4ever
I had one last week...and I''m not even engaged yet!

In the dream I had planned out the reception really well but when guests started arriving I realised I had forgot about the ceremony part and had to rush round looking for a venue close by. My dress was also fuggly, there was a tortoise which tryed to attack me and only 4 of my guests turned up. It was a really crappy dream wedding.

Oh, I''m glad it''s not just me! My friend keeps telling me it is too soon to have crazy wedding anxiety dreams, but (unfortunately) that hasn''t sunk through to my subconscious.

Last week I dreamed it was my wedding day (groom unknown) and I''m trying to find my photographer so he can come take pictures of me "getting ready" (because I''m already ready). I can''t find him anywhere so I call my sister who did the booking. She says he has a headache, the first of his life, and can''t come. I''m then looking through his portfolio and discover he is the worst photographer ever. He takes detail shots, but of things like guacamole and beef. Totally awful. But it doesn''t matter because I don''t have a good or a bad photographer. I then sit down in my wedding dress and cry.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I think so. I''ve had two so far where things went terribly wrong, and two which were just about the wedding day! I even had one just last night and really, it was just about it all happening. It was exciting and love filled, not scary at all. Hopefully you''ll get some of those in the lead up!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results