shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone use bar shampoo / conditioner?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm looking at easy travel options and I feel like my liquids bag is always full (OVER full!) so if anyone has feedback on bar shampoo and/or conditioner I would appreciate it. Based on the reviews (and the closeness of Ulta LOL), I'm thinking Kitsch Tea Tree and Mint shampoo and Shea Butter conditioner, but would love some real life feedback!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Dee, so I have used bar shampoo in the past and I really liked it. Unfortunately I purchased it from a local vendor at the Brooklyn flea many years ago so it wasn't a brand I remember or one you mentioned above. It was without any harsh chemicals and it felt really nice. I'm sorry I cannot offer any helpful info other than sharing my experience with a no name brand. It was vegan and animal cruelty free. A quick search brings this brand up which looks pretty good

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good timing...headed out on a trip later this summer (personal item only...no luggage :oops2: ) so following this thread!

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
I'm looking at easy travel options and I feel like my liquids bag is always full (OVER full!) so if anyone has feedback on bar shampoo and/or conditioner I would appreciate it. Based on the reviews (and the closeness of Ulta LOL), I'm thinking Kitsch Tea Tree and Mint shampoo and Shea Butter conditioner, but would love some real life feedback!

I’ve used this and I liked it: Garnier Whole Blends Hydrating... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0942CPCR1?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the Kitsch Castor Oil shampoo and Coconut Oil conditioner because I have dry, color treated hair. I bought it as I'm trying to reduce my plastic use. I do like it. The one drawback for me is that I seem to have to wash my hair a bit more frequently. I have really thick hair so don't know if that is part of the issue. My other shampoo (which is Milkshake for color treated hair) seems to do a bit better job, so I rotate. My daughter's hair isn't as thick as mine and she uses different Kitsch shampoo and conditioner and she likes it and doesn't think she needs to wash her hair more often. I think for travel, one way or the other, it would be fine.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use Kitch rice water shampoo bar. My scalp is very sensitive and it doesn’t seem to react to this shsmpoo, so that’s good! it also seems like it’s reduced hair loss. I’m tempted to try some of their other formulas, but on the other hand, why mess with success? I haven tried their conditioners because I have plenty in other brands.

I get mine at Ulta, BTW.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I've used LUSH products in the past. I still prefer liquid tho....

cheers--Sharon

Lschneids01

Rough_Rock
I used LUSH but became expensive. J.R. Liggets has probably been around the longest for shampoo bars. You can find them on Amazon for $9 or Whole Foods. 3.5 oz a bar. They have both shampoo and conditioner bars too for all types of hair. Coconut, Argan oil, Tea Tree, Herbal, Etc.
or I like the bars by the Earthling Company on Amazon for $15 a bar that are 3 ounces. A little more pricey. They have both shampoo and conditioner bars as well. Vanilla Coconut, Cool Breeze, Citrus Sun, and Simple Fresh depending on your hairs needs.
And like people have mentioned the Kitsch Bars. Run you around $13 a bar for 3.2 ounces a bar. And have both shampoo and conditioner bars. The rice protein being the most popular. And Kitsch sells a shampoo bar holder for $4.99 each which I would recommend for traveling with the bars or just anything so they don’t breakdown in your shower between washes being exposed to water.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reporting in from Day 1 of bar shampoo / conditioner!

Thank you all for the input. I went with the Kitsch tea tree shampoo and sea butter conditioner. For some reason I expected more lather, but didn't get a lot. Maybe that's a function of the hard water (even though we use salt). So far so good, and really it doesn't feel any different than my regular hair. The test will come tomorrow as I usually only wash every other day, so if it doesn't seem clean enough in the morning I'll know I have a different situation on my hands that with my regular products.

I didn't really think about a holder... but maybe I should have. The good news is Ulta is right by my office so I can zip by there tomorrow and see if they have them!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reporting in from Day 1 of bar shampoo / conditioner!

Thank you all for the input. I went with the Kitsch tea tree shampoo and sea butter conditioner. For some reason I expected more lather, but didn't get a lot. Maybe that's a function of the hard water (even though we use salt). So far so good, and really it doesn't feel any different than my regular hair. The test will come tomorrow as I usually only wash every other day, so if it doesn't seem clean enough in the morning I'll know I have a different situation on my hands that with my regular products.

I didn't really think about a holder... but maybe I should have. The good news is Ulta is right by my office so I can zip by there tomorrow and see if they have them!

I also recall the low lather......

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results