shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone use a brush to apply liquid foundation?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I recently switched from Bare Essentuals to Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer and I LOVE IT! I''ve heard that a brush will give a flawless look and will use less of the product than if you used a sponge. If anyone uses a brush, do you have one that you would recommend?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought one from Clinique when I bought their makeup last fall. It does a nice job but I actually quit using it pretty quickly. I think you use more makeup with it and I got tired of cleaning it and drying it every day. I have to admit your makeup does look smoother when you use one though.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MAC 187

If I use primer, I can easily use 2 or 3 drops of fdtn for my whole face.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. I got one from Target not too terribly long ago. Not one of the really cheap ones though. It's $15, and it works just as well as the MAC ones. According to the MAC makeup artist anyway.

This one

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 11:05:40 PM
Author: JulieN
MAC 187

Me too! Love 187, I have 3: one for foundation, one for powder blush and one for cream blush. The best brush ever made IMO.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 2:08:53 AM
Author: zhuzhu

MAC 187

Me too! Love 187, I have 3: one for foundation, one for powder blush and one for cream blush. The best brush ever made IMO.

I''ll have to try that brush. Currently, I use the Mac Small Contour brush or the Prescriptives Foundation Brush.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2009 2:34:28 AM
Author: LAJennifer
I'll have to try that brush. Currently, I use the Mac Small Contour brush or the Prescriptives Foundation Brush.
The 187 is really different than those two.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
MAC 187 is a stippling brush. You apply the product using a "stippling motion" instead of the regular "brush on" motion (you however still CAN use the brush on motion for blending). It applies liquid foundation and powder products (like blush) as if air brushed, and making them easily buildable. Everything blends with ease and colors seem to melt in and become part of your skin. If you have not used it before have a MAC artist show you and try it out before the purchase (it is pretty expensive, like $42? but to me it is worth every penny!)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use a brush with liquid foundations, it does blend it well.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 2:08:53 AM
Author: zhuzhu

MAC 187

Me three! I have this one too.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 10:59:52 PM
Author: marcyc
I bought one from Clinique when I bought their makeup last fall. It does a nice job but I actually quit using it pretty quickly. I think you use more makeup with it and I got tired of cleaning it and drying it every day. I have to admit your makeup does look smoother when you use one though.

I use this one from clinique as well and I use it with the LM tinted moisturizer. I found that I used less than when I used a sponge. I use it religiously and have had no issues :)

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
You need a flat, synthetic brush. I have a Sonia Kashuk brush from Target that works very well. You can also find foundation brushes at Sephora.

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Another MAC 187.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies!!! Looks like I''m making a trip to MAC tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results