shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone think this is a stupid idea???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Hey all!

well pretty soon I will be getting my tacori e-ring back. I work with my hands and equipment at work all day and I cant recall how many times I smacked my first e-ring against things.

I am very afraid to wear my tacori to work because of that (the diamond is set high) and also due to working in a non safe area.

I was thinking of maybe getting an inexpensive CZ subsitutue e-ring to wear at work/to the gym/travel and my real ring everywhere else so i dont damage it and then when we get married I can just wear my w-band which is less likely to get bumped since it is flat.

Question is, would that be a weird thing to do, a subsitute e-ring?

26.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
In your case, I don''t think getting a substitute e-ring for more *ring-dangerous* situations is weird at all. I would certainly not want to have an expensive Tacori ring get damaged at work or the gym or whatnot. I understand the desire to still have an ering on your finger during those times, and a sim e-ring would serve such a purpose.

In short, I think it''s a better idea than shredding your expensive ring by knocking it around everywhere...as long as you put the REAL one back on your finger the rest of the time....or your fiance may wonder why he spent so much money on a Tacori when a sim would have done just fine!
2.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
That''s not weird at all!! In fact, you''re being very smart and considerate of the ring! If I was a beautiful, sparkly ring, I would not want to be smacked into things and damaged!!
41.gif

Have you thought of maybe just getting a simple, inexpensive band to wear when you''re not wearing your e-ring? I know some need to have a constant "bling" factor going on, but I''ve learned in the past that a plain band goes far in hardworking situations. I was in the Middle East with the military for a over a year and a half and wore just a plain band. There was NO way I was going to subject my diamonds to sand, enormous heat, and the amount I had to use my hands! Alot of other women in my unit did the same. If you need sparkle, I think the CZ route is perfect too. You could even conduct a little experiment and see how many women you can "fool"
9.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
when my sister upgraded her e-ring she had her original set reset with CZs. I''ve never seen her wear it, but I think her original intention was to wear to work and stuff. (And some how the story got switched around to me from co-workers and they told me she had an exact replica of her NEW e-ring with CZs that she wore to work.. this is not true). I think its a GREAT idea though. I also have a co-worker who won''t wear her e-ring at ALL to work. WHich makes me sad, because her ring is gorgeous. Sometiems she forgets to take it off.. so I get to see it occasionaly.

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm. I''m kinda on the fence on this one. If you truly work in a, as you put it "non safe" area, I would have chosen a setting that I COULD wear everyday. But you have your gorgeous Tacori- I vote for getting the whole kit and caboodle insured ASAP, and wearing it anyway. I am not a believer in having nice things and then keeping them hidden away. That being said, having a cz replica is very common, you could give Wink a call and get one of his Interlaps. They are very, very pretty, and quite inexpensive, and to anyone outside of us diamond obsessed P-scopers, they look like the real McCoy.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
I would not wear a ring if your working around the things you were talking about.

Ive seen people lose fingers, just hopping up a foot to get a part. I had one jeweler put a knotch in the bottom of his ring so it would break clear.

But about the center diamond , get it insured, let the insurance company worry what your doing to the ring.

Just remember if its platinum that it scratches and dents like yellow gold. People think sometimes its indestructable and its not.

Just my 2 cents

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it''s a stupid idea at all! Actually kinda smart reallly. I''d pick out something fun and then if you wreck it during work etc.. who cares! Just my 0.2!!
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Insurance can''t make the ring more confortable and doesn''t cover wear I think
20.gif
This makes it a good partial solution.

I an surely understand why you want to wear some ring all the time - I feel naked without one.

How about a super confortable Tacori version (not from them, but an adapted look alike, perhaps with a flush bezel to hold a stone or something). There are two custom rings sporting the typical scalloped Tacori band listed here. perhaps the same guys could make a wearable version ? Then, could it be your birthstone intead of CZ ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results