shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone take Tai Chi?

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Because of certain heart issues, I need to step down from my normal exercise routine. I do Pilates but some of the moves are now a problem for me to perform. I was thinking about switching over to Tai Chi. Can anyone fill me in on the level of difficulty in performing Tai Chi and if I would be ok if I were to buy a dvd instead of taking a class.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have taken tai chi classes over the years and find that i prefer doing it with a group. i do have dvd's at home but i'm not motivated to exercise by myself....even something as beneficial as tai chi.

also, look into tai chi chih which is based on tai chi and qi gong and originated by a justin stone. look for a dvid by pam towne.

regular tai chi can require some stamina depending on the style you take. i prefer yang style but the others are nice, too.

i highly recommend exploring tai chi chih if you have health issues.

MoZo

ps i'm not smitten at all with justin stone's music....and i find him rather full of himself. however, his practioners are not. also, i have been told there is a "non-stop" version that i'm going to be exploring for myself. all the "grounding" after each set of movements interupts my concentration....i think its because i studied yang style and got used to doing a lot of moves over the course of an hour.

i hope you give it a try....i find there is calming effect and a "connection of energy" when i do it in a group.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
MoZo, thank you for the info. I will check to see if I can take an free introductory course somewhere in my area. The info you provided will help me pick the right program.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results