shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone own a Honda Pilot?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
We went to look at one a couple of weeks ago, more out of curiousity than anything else, at the moment. I have a 2000 Honda CR-v that I love and will keep untill it dies (lol)

UNLESS: if we should ahve a 3rd child, we would need more room, as the CR-V can''t fit a 3rd car seat....anyway, I liked it alot. you can fit 7 but not with a ton of leg room. I think I would use just the first bench row for all 3 kids until they were a little older anyway....

anyway, anyone own one? What has been your experience with it? I love that it has 4 whell drive- a big plus for snow driving.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
My friend owns one and likes it a lot.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
My sister in law has one and loves it. She has one child but loves the space to carry around her son''s friends and going on vacations etc. I looked at it and thought about getting one but decided I needed more room so I got a minivan. I hate the minivan but like the space.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amy, I had a town and country all wheel drive limited edition with all the bells and whistles and they are great cars, I wanted to love mine but I am at heart not a mini van girl! It drove well and functioned well, but I just could not get myself into being a van driver...kept it for a while and then shipped it out to LA to my mother in law. She loves it, it says to use the lowest octane gas so she is thrilled and it also has all the automatic lift gates and doors which help since she is older and her hands hurt her. It has the screens in the head rests so when she takes my nieces around she can put on a movie and they behave better in the car for her.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
diamondfan, I have a toyota sienna, XLE, AWD, leather, heated seats, GPS tracking, all the bells and whistles too. I SO want to like it but I don''t! But like I said I love the space.

I fantasize about getting a cute fun car one day again :) I know I will.

The minivan is our generations wood paneled station wagon LOL.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
My sister-in-law has one. She has a 2 year old and an 8 month old. I can fit in the backseat with both carseats, so I'm sure you could fit 3 in the back. The car is a bit higher off the ground, so getting the kids inside is kind of awkward for me. I'm 5'2" so I have to either grunt my nephew up into the air to get him into his seat (the boy weights like 25 pounds!) or step on the outside rail, and try not to smack my head (or his) to get him in the seat. My sister-in-law is 5'6" so she doesn't have my short issues, and can get the kids in there no problem.

She seems to have plenty of compartments, although there are usually books on the floor and toys on the seats.. not to mention a few cheerios here and there... lol.

The third row has been taken out for now to make room for her huge stroller. She still has room for groceries even with that huge thing in the trunk.

They have GPS navigation too and use it very frequently.

So far, no problems; they've had it for 2 years.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I have a 2006 one and I love it. I got it because of the 3rd row. It makes sense for me since my parents and sisters come visit me every couple of months and everyone can just fit in one car. The leg room for the 3rd row is actually pretty good for people who are 5'4" and shorter. I am 5'3" and sat in the 3rd row for a 2 hrs trip comfortably. My sister who is 5'7" had sat back there too, and she fits in there but not as comfortably. I can get my nephew in and out of his car seat fairly easily. I had used it with 7 people and everyone was comfortable. I think it would be comfortable for 8 people also.

I used to have a 2000 CR-V before and I love that. I love the pilot even more. I use the Nav and heated seats very often. They have the best looking Nav screen and is very easy to use with both voice commands and touch screen.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I just got one on 2/26, 2007 EXL in Nimbus Gray, no Nav or RES though, the salesperson actually talked me out of the NAV, but I am regretting not getting the RES since the price difference was minimal.

I was actually thinking about leasing a car and was sort of set on the Acura MDX or the Honda Pilot, but was not crazy with the way the redesigned Acura looks from the front.

So, we found a great lease price on the Pilot ($329/month, no money down) and decided to go in and lease, but the price on the lease kept changing and even though they say no money down, you still wind up paying a lot up front.

So, my husband said to me why not just buy the car, so we told the salesperson we would just buy instead.

So far I love the car. It drives great, pretty smooth, there is a bit of hesitation going from 20 mph, but not enough to really bother me.
It rides about the same as my Nissan Pathfinder and is a little noisy, but not as noisy as the PF.

I decided on the Pilot for a few reasons, first the third row flush seats, which we love. We love the option of having being able to hide them in case we decided to buy something big at Home Depot or taking them down in case we decide to go somewhere with more family.
We thought about the Toyota 4 Runner, but the third row seats were an option and they came standard on a Pilot. We also thought about the Lexus GX470(?), but the third row seats don''t fold flush, they fold sideways when not in use or need to be removed if you want to carry large items in your cargo area.

The seats are pretty roomy as well, the 2nd row fits two car seats and still has alot of room for a middle person, my Pathfinder doesn''t have that much room at all.

The third row seats are comfortable, but I am short, only 5''3", and I have only ridden it it for a few minutes to see what it was like.

I also like that the steering column is on the wheel, not in the middle of the car, so there is a lot of room to put stuff there within reach, such as your bag, cell phone, etc. My Pathfinder doesn''t have that much room at all.

Another reason I liked it was the features that would come as options on other cars come standard on the EXL. LIke the heated mirrors, heated seats, XM satellite radio, third row seats, moonroof, I can''t think of the other things.

To price out a similarly equipped 4 Runner or Pathfinder would come out to a few thousand more from the base price.

With the Pilot you basically get all you can get if you get the exl and there is no added cost for options, because there are no options.

With the exception of course if you want the RES or the Nav.

I opted to not get the Nav b/c my salesperson told me it really wasn''t necessary and he had it on his car and thought it was a waste of money and if he could do it again, he would just get a Garmin. So, taking his advice, I decided to not get that feature.

I figured if we decided to take the pathfinder, it would be nice to have a portable GPS that I can use no matter which car I am in. This was also the same reasoning I used with not getting the RES, but I am sort of regretting that because it would have cost me very little more.

ONe thing I don''t like about the Pilot is that you can''t get both the RES or the Nav on one car. YOu either get one or the other.

Another thing I noticed about my Pilot compared to the Pathfinder, just a little thing but noticeable, actually two things, one is that you can''t turn the radio on from the steering wheel or go down on the channels, just up, something I can do on my Pathfinder.

The other thing is that the Pilot doesn''t have a auto headlight feature. So, if the headlights are on, they stay on, whereas on my Pathfinder, if you put it on auto feature, it only goes on when it gets dark, like in tunnels or when it gets night.

Also, now that I think about it, the running boards came standard on my Pathfinder, but I had to buy them for my Pilot.

So far I have regretted getting the car, but I don''t really think you can go wrong with any Suv on the market nowadays since they are all pretty much the same and any feature you want can be obtained on any of the ones out there.

Sorry for the long post!!!! Hope it helps!
2.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
ladies, once again, thank you!!

question: are there any SUV/Crossover vehicles that have stow and go seats??that would be perfection!!

I know I can always rely on some instant feedback when I post a q on here. Love you guys!!

I think my mind is stuck on this vehicle. I love it! I"m not pregnant or anything like that, so it isn''t an immediate purchase..

Hubby just bought a new Lund fishing boat for our business, so a new car is definately not in the immediate future....lol

but

I am shopping now for when/if I will be looking

Butterfly, thank you soo soo much for your post, it is all very helpful info.
It seems you all concur that as long as you are shorter, the back row is ok. Honestly, I don''t think I would use it much, I would keep 3 kids in the first bench row, until they are out of carseats...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sophie, I asked my pal again about her Pilot. She is really happy with hers. She had wanted an Acura MDX but since they are similar she could not justify the extra expense. She has no kids and is not sure she will have any.

Amy, I can relate. We will always have an suv or two, with three kids, snow, carpools and my nanny driving, I prefer to have something I have maintained that can deal with the road conditions safely. BUT, hubby dreams of a sports car and I dream of a nice sedan, cars we would use occasionally for just fun. Until we have more garage space, we both agree we will not indulge, but I am hopeful someday I will have the option...we have a third car right now, a volvo sedan, but it is not a "fun" sedan...I would love a convertible or a really great sedan for when I am kidless...or dogless. But I feel if we kept an SUV or two, or at least had one SUV and an all wheel drive that manages in the snow, we would be fine to have fun cars too...when we first moved here, hubby had to abandon his 7 series BMW on the side of the road in a some snow, because it was rear wheel drive and he could not make it up a very slight incline. That taught me that I would never not have transportation capable of dealing with snow...and I am not going to be stranded at home while hubby takes off!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sophie,
I know 3 people at work who own one; a senior manager, manager and staff and they love it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results