shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone own a Clic/Clic-Clac H bracelet?

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really want a bangle bracelet but have already maxed out my jewelry budget for this year. I'm thinking of getting a Clic H or Clic Clac H bracelet to "tide me over" until next year. Does anyone here on PS own one or more of these? If so, what size (width), enamel color, and metal? And are they "practical" to stack? Photos on wrist would be appreciated! Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think somebody does. Have you looked through the two long designer threads? One thread on hangout and one on SMTB. But there are major bracelet stackers on other sites. I am just not sure I love those combined with fine jewelry. I feel the same way about Chanel costume jewelry. But no one will ever accuse me of being into fashion trends, either! :lol:

Oh easy, google images!

https://www.google.com/search?q=hermes+clic+bracelets&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=599&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiCxbTL6ebNAhUUTGMKHYohCo0Q_AUIBygC&dpr=1

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Hi CareBear,
I have a clic clac; I think it's medium but would need to check to be sure. I usually wear it alone but then again I don't have any other bracelets that would stack well with it. I had a friend who owned 2 small clic-clacs that she would stack and it looked cute together.
I'm including some pics. My DH initially bought an orange one as a gift and I exchanged it for blue because I thought it would match more outfits and thereby give me a greater opportunity to wear it.
They do get scratched up over time, so I'm not sure about wearing it with anything that is dainty or too precious. It is a fun piece to wear and I do enjoy it.
Hope that helps! :wavey:

_4724.jpeg

_4725.jpeg

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean, Diamondseeker, Thank you for the links! I have looked at many of those photos and the bracelet comes in some gorgeous colors! But it is definitely costume jewelry and not serious jewelry. I actually don't own or wear any costume jewelry currently, so I'm wondering if it'll just sit in the closet after like two wears.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the ridiculously high prices, they could at least give you sterling silver..........

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
mol42, thank you for posting pics of your bracelets! That blue is delicious! Do you remember the name of the blue? When I tried them on briefly, the width I preferred looked about the same as your bracelet. The thinner one looked a bit "underwhelming" alone and I'm not sure I will be buying multiple of these bracelets to stack. Does it go well with super casual outfits? I'm more of a jeans and flipflops/sneakers kinda girl.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
stracci2000|1468088131|4053625 said:
For the ridiculously high prices, they could at least give you sterling silver..........
stracci, that was a point raised on another forum, that it's just gold or palladium plated and not made of any precious materials. Which is why I wanna make sure I'll wear it regularly to justify the price tag.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a nice, modern design and I like it alot.
If you really love it, an you're sure you'll wear it, then that's great.
But it ought to hold up to alot of wear and tear, for the price.

mol42

Shiny_Rock
CareBear|1468088821|4053632 said:
mol42, thank you for posting pics of your bracelets! That blue is delicious! Do you remember the name of the blue? When I tried them on briefly, the width I preferred looked about the same as your bracelet. The thinner one looked a bit "underwhelming" alone and I'm not sure I will be buying multiple of these bracelets to stack. Does it go well with super casual outfits? I'm more of a jeans and flipflops/sneakers kinda girl.

I believe the color is "navy" but that seems like a very non Hermes way of naming a color- lol! You would expect Bleu Ceramique or something French and fancy but I'm afraid it's boring "Navy." However H does colors beautifully and this is no exception. I agree that the thin one is very subtle. It is a simple modern design and I actually like the click clac best when worn casually.

Have you ever read Mai Tai's picture book? She wears a LOT of Hermes (bags, scarves, jewelry --- many clic clacs!!) and it all looks very classy on her.

What color are you considering ? Good luck with your decision!!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
mol42|1468097421|4053694 said:
I believe the color is "navy" but that seems like a very non Hermes way of naming a color- lol! You would expect Bleu Ceramique or something French and fancy but I'm afraid it's boring "Navy." However H does colors beautifully and this is no exception. I agree that the thin one is very subtle. It is a simple modern design and I actually like the click clac best when worn casually.

Have you ever read Mai Tai's picture book? She wears a LOT of Hermes (bags, scarves, jewelry --- many clic clacs!!) and it all looks very classy on her.

What color are you considering ? Good luck with your decision!!
mol42, the color combination I tried on was the velvety pink in rose gold and it was very pretty! :love: But this was during a trip to Japan, where the prices are a LOT higher than in other countries. I checked H's website and it seems the prices are significantly lower in Europe. I have an upcoming trip up to Germany so I thought I'd shop there. However, looking at their online shopping site for European countries, it seems this color combination is not available in Europe. :(( It is available to the US online shoppers but I'm not sure I love this color combination enough to pay 30% more for it, so I'm looking for alternative colors. With SO many pretty colors and hardware choices, how does one decide?! I can totally see why folks end up with a huge stack of them!

I just googled "Mai Tai's picture book" and WOW she has exquisite taste! :love:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
stracci2000|1468089745|4053638 said:
It is a nice, modern design and I like it alot.
If you really love it, an you're sure you'll wear it, then that's great.
But it ought to hold up to alot of wear and tear, for the price.
stracci, I totally agree with your assessment! This is definitely not some heirloom worthy piece where I'm fine with keeping it in the safe most of the year and wearing it once in a blue moon. And the price range is not one where I'm at peace with wearing it a few times and tossing it aside.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results