shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone know how to wear....

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
a ribbon scarf measuring 2 x 33". I received a lovely one for my birthday. I live in a climate that gets cold in the winter so I definitely know what to do with a pashmina or a more regular-sized scarf. I have seen people tie ribbon scarves on larger leather bags or wear them in their hair. I have large purses and I do have long, pony-tail worthy hair. However, I'm probably more of a "scarf around the neck" kind of gal. Does anyone have any suggestions how to wear a scarf with these dimensions? Help appreciated!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Here in So Cal, it really rarely gets cold enough to wear scarves for warmth, so I have several summer scarfs. I think that is what you're describing. Some wear it with tie-style, loosely knotted at chest level, some wear it like a regular scarf ( I find it too hot in the summer), and occasionally I wrap it a couple times around like a loose necklace. See Jessca Alba's pic below.

accessorie1.jpg

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Jaysonsmom, thanks for answering! It's silk, but kind of like that. To be specific, it's this one, attached (Yes, I like Tiffany). Does seeing it change your recommendation for how to wear it or do you think what you suggested will still work?

Picture 2.png

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
some ideas

tiescarf.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tanzigrrl|1308274093|2947949 said:
Hi Jaysonsmom, thanks for answering! It's silk, but kind of like that. To be specific, it's this one, attached (Yes, I like Tiffany). Does seeing it change your recommendation for how to wear it or do you think what you suggested will still work?

ooooh, this is the first time I am seeing a tiffany key scarf! :bigsmile:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd use it in my hair, or

tie it loosely so the knot hits somewhere on the sternum, or

center it at the front of my neck, then wrap it once around the neck (again, loosely) and allow the ends to hang at either side of my neck.

Back in the day scarves like that were wardrobe standard for any woman who wore suits, and I had several fancy ways to tie them. That was, however, back in the day. :wink2:

ETA actually your scarf is skinnier and more formally finished than the tie substitutes we used to use back then! Hair and purse are probably your best options...

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
I tie my scarves like this to handbags

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I have several Hermes twillys (ribbon scarves) and I tie them to my bags. I've also worn them as bracelets.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all very much! Everyone here always has the best ideas. Thanks for the help!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Yup, handbag accessory!! Very cute!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results