shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have a Coach watch?

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I don't have a Coach watch, but my Armani watch was made by Movado so I would guess its similar quality. Its definitely a fashion watch and not nearly as well built as DH's Movado. The price is much lower than a real Movado so I can't complain though. It seems to be well made for a fashion watch. I've had it for about 10 months and no issues so far.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I do...have worn it everyday for years. Not sure if it's made by movado but it's held up nicely. Need to change the battery now and again, but other than that, it's solid!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Excellent. Thanks!
I am trying to get back into the habit of wearing one, especially on the opposite arm I would ordinarily wear it on, but so far it's not happening. I am going to see if I can find a cool swatch to get used to the feeling and I love the look of this Coach so much that I hope to slip into that.

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
I own one! I have had it for about 4 or 5 years and have never had an issue with it (havent even changed the battery)! I love it! Not sure about the Movado thing.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea the Movado thing is not confirmed. But I am glad you got several years out of it. $300 for a watch is so much to me.

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
I agree they are expensive, I got mine as a gift and I am not sure how much mine was... its definitely good quality though. I am rough on my jewelry too so its surprising there haven't been any issues.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I am wearing it now and have for the past three years... It works great.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am glad to read that. I don't THINK I will totally abuse it but I want it to hold up assuming I get used to wearing one...

Thanks everyone!!!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If your close to the coach outlet it may be worth it to go for a visit. They get watches/sunglasses/jewelery in all the time and it's half, sometimes less (sale, coupons/etc) than retail at their stores.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have one... sitting in the closet, collecting dust. Gah. I need to get those links taken out and start wearing it!

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
BTW I really like the one you posted!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I have no insight on the quality but want to add, have you tried it on? 38mm is enormous for a ladies' watch. I think a movado made watch would have a sapphire crystal instead of mineral.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
kelpie|1315850262|3015872 said:
I have no insight on the quality but want to add, have you tried it on? 38mm is enormous for a ladies' watch. I think a movado made watch would have a sapphire crystal instead of mineral.

Yeah, would make sense, but most of the fashion watches they make don't have sapphire crystal. Even ESQ, Movado's lower end personal label uses mineral crystal.

Here's info on the Movado group and a list of watch brands that are part of the group: http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/companyProfile?symbol=MOV.N

Looks like I was wrong and my Armani isn't made by Movado. Coach, Tommy Hilfiger, Lacoste, and Hugo Boss are though.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I have one but rarely wear it, as it was a gift and just isn't my style. I did have the battery replaced recently so I had the option of wearing it if I wanted, and the watch repair guy said it was crazy difficult -- he said he'd never seen one so complicated before. So I ended up paying through the nose to get the battery fixed on a watch I barely wear. :(( Point being, you might want to look at the battery compartment before you buy and see if it looks like the replacement would be reasonable or not.

so cal girl

Shiny_Rock
I have the one that you posted and I love it! I've worn it pretty much every day for the last year, and it's held up great. I vaguely remember them saying that it is made by Movado when I bought it. I have a Movado as well, and I like my Coach better. It is a chunky watch, but that is what I like about it.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chemgirl:
Fossil could possibly have made that one. They make Michele and a few others IIRC.

vintagelover229|1315848739|3015849 said:
If your close to the coach outlet it may be worth it to go for a visit. They get watches/sunglasses/jewelery in all the time and it's half, sometimes less (sale, coupons/etc) than retail at their stores.
I wish I was, but Ill be at the one a little north of Minneapolis (Albertville?) in a few weeks so I might look there. If I see it at Nordstrom I will get it since I can still return it if i find it at the Outlet. That particular outlet is one I was at in May, and it was really picked over, esp the watches.

MissStepcut|1315849361|3015859 said:
BTW I really like the one you posted!
Thanks! Get yours shortened so you can wear it.

kelpie|1315850262|3015872 said:
I used to wear what I assume was a man's Fossil watch that was titanium, though I could not tell you the measurements. I might need to source that locally and try it on so I am not surprised when I see it on my arm.

ETA: Oh crap that's big. I just did 4 cm on my arm. MONSTER!

Octavia|1315852893|3015894 said:
I have one but rarely wear it, as it was a gift and just isn't my style. I did have the battery replaced recently so I had the option of wearing it if I wanted, and the watch repair guy said it was crazy difficult -- he said he'd never seen one so complicated before. So I ended up paying through the nose to get the battery fixed on a watch I barely wear. :(( Point being, you might want to look at the battery compartment before you buy and see if it looks like the replacement would be reasonable or not.

That's good to know...I don't want to have that to deal with if I can avoid it.

so cal girl|1315853199|3015898 said:
I have the one that you posted and I love it! I've worn it pretty much every day for the last year, and it's held up great. I vaguely remember them saying that it is made by Movado when I bought it. I have a Movado as well, and I like my Coach better. It is a chunky watch, but that is what I like about it.
Ohhhh Do you have any pics of it on??? I am so glad to hear someone has and likes it. I just need to hope it's still there for sale at the end of this month. I was trying to save it for my shopping misadventures at mall of america!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the Coach Madison made by Movado. I love it. It's a great watch and I've only had one issue. I knocked the stem off banging my wrist somewhere last year and had to send it in for repair... took it to Coach and they sent it to Movado. It wasn't expensive either 60 bucks? Overall, very happy with both the quality and the service. I've been wearing mine for 3 years as well.
http://www.lordandtaylor.com/oso-0/--eng--JewelryAccessories-coachwatches-MADISON_BRACELET_WATCH-lordandtaylor--150467.shtml Coach Madison

695169_fpx.tif.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's a nice watch too! Probably too dressy for me, but I really like it. Then again, of all things to be obsessed with watchwise I love the Cartier Ballon Bleu. Like that will happen in my lifetime. My style is (as coined by my best friend's lesbian sister) "You're like a fashion mullet: dirty mouthed julia roberts stripper in pretty woman turned country club lady who lunches on top, motorcycle riding butchy on the bottom. You wanna be fancy but you just can't get the rest of you to cooperate. "

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
I think these watches are a lovely middle ground. Expensive enough to be treasured pieces, and lovely in their own right.

As timepieces, they perform the function beautifully. The plus side is, while they are expensive, they are a fraction of the cost of the more 'collectible' watches and status symbol brands. So you can switch up more often, and have more fun with them without worrying so much about damaging an heirloom piece.

Coach has a nice brand and heritage to it too.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I am trying to wrap my brain around the price, but it looks nice, and looks pricier than it is. I hope I can try it on.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results