shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have a bundle package from Comcast?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I am supposed to have cable and internet installed into the house we''re renovating (and moving into soon!) on Saturday. I just started home officing and decided yesterday that maybe I should get a phone line too and do the bundle package. Silly me, thinking adding the phone line would be easy.

Here''s my basic question- does anyone remember what the install cost was for all three services and if they were able to work a "deal"?

After getting cut off once, calling back, them not EVER being able to locate my account by phone number (and sometimes not by address either), telling me I have to reschedule install and all other sorts of not fun stuff, they told me the install for all three services was $99. I might have flipped out. That seems excessively high to me. Excessively. Especially as I am a repeat customer who has had Comcast for years and has moved it to and from SIX residences in the last few years. I actually told them if their install cost was that high, I didn''t want it. They could keep my install as is.

After I hung up, I realized I really shouldn''t have flipped out so hugely. The install is a reimbursable expense for me, but it''s the principle of the thing. I am probably going to call back once I have calmed down and go at this again. I''d like to be a little more prepared this go-round.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I just got Comcast bundle in October. I had to pay $80 the day of installation. They had to run new lines inside and outside, including working in the basement for over an hour.

I was a bit surprised (although forewarned) about the installation cost, but after I spoke with them, they credited it towards my first bill. They''ve been very kind and helpful (even when I couldn''t figure out the DVR). Our monthly bill for unlimited internet, local and long-distance, digital cable with movie channels and DVR is right around $120 a month. (with taxes)

They also set up a Comcast email account and they send you info on what''s coming up for the On Demand service, and some additional troubleshooting info.

cara

Ideal_Rock
First off, being a current customer is not an advantage. Being a new customer is, as then you are able to take advantage of various ''new customer'' sign-up deals, which are much more likely to have no/low install fees. I recommend searching online for various discount companies - I got a great deal on a new modem and rebates that covered the install fee through some non-comcast outfit that sells comcast products to new customers. Comcast must pay them a recruitment fee of some kind, which is how they are able to pass along savings and discounts to you. Though I did have to jump through hoops with rebates and such to make it work.

More recently, I was trying to upgrade our cable from basic to expanded, and the options were much more limited since I was already a Comcast customer. Short of canceling cable for a while (which would then raise our internet fees) the only option was to order through Comcast. I suggest doing it online, it was very simple and a live chat rep immediately scheduled my ''install'' after I clicked buy - much less hassle than waiting on the phone. There was a $40 install fee, which is ridiculous considering I already had cable, but they guy did have to come to my house and remove the filters they had placed somewhere to limit my previous service. BUT if you sign up online you should be eligible for some discounted rate for X months before being charged full price - this will help cover the cost of the install... Good luck! I like this Comcast story about a hammer-wielding Grandma!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep, as Cara said, new customers are the ones who get deals. Was the previous account you had in both your and your DH''s name? If it was only under one of your names, you can have the account set up in the other person''s name
2.gif

I cannot recall how much we paid when we had the bundle package, but we for sure did NOT pay $99. I think it was closer to $39. We had cancelled our Verizon internet, so possibly that is why they gave us the good deal.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Thanks. I called back after I calmed down and was able to add the phone and keep the install date, just slightly later in the day. I wasn''t able to get the fee down. They said that if you added each up individually, it was almost $200, so this was a deal. Oh well. I''m done freaking out about it. And it was in my name, not my husbands. I wish I had thought to set it up as a new customer under his name! I am filing that one away for next time.

Somethingshiny- interesting on the install info. I am assuming there was never cable in your house? There was cable in this house previously- we just removed all the existing cables as they were coming up thru the wood floors and not in the walls. I wonder how involved this install will be. I guess I will see.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Actually there were several different cables coming into the basement from various places. There were many phone lines to nowhere, lines from old Dishes and assorted other crap that the guy had to go through and figure out. I believe we removed well over 150 feet of cable line from the basement (all that apparently originated from thin air!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results