shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone ever....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone ever have to tell themselves, that this is not the weekend the bf is gonna propose? I , every weekend, well the start of it,tell myself that hes not gonna propose this weekend and not to get my hopes up. Now i have a reason to the madness...is so i dont get my hopes up and am not depressed at the end of the weekend. I also tell myself not to even think of rings or flowers or weddings. It helps, im not crushed at the end of my weekend, that he didnt propose, than on monday i start wondering and thinking about weddings again. But i will say, when i try not to think about it, little wedding signs are everyone, like last weekend, on the way to C''s house, i saw a wedding limo. I didnt think anything of if, and than about 3 blocks away, i saw a wedding rental company. Grrrrrrr, that makes me angry, cuz than i think of it!
29.gif

My question is, does anyone else do this, or what do you do so your not going crazy?
33.gif

killerqueen17

Rough_Rock
I don't do this yet, but I also know for a fact that he doesn't have a ring right now. But once I know he might have a ring, I can see myself wondering at every outing or event if "this is it..." and telling myself it isn't so that I'll still be surprised!! I'm afraid I'll see it coming, lol!

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
I''m guilty.
7.gif

I get all giddy thinking a proposal could be just around the corner even tho I know it won''t be. So I immeadiately tell myself to stop thinking about it & not get my hopes up bc its not gonna happen. Then something happens & I think about it for split second & I''m disappointed bc it didn''t happen.... I drive myself crazy going around & around in circles.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I"m guilty of it RIGHT NOW.

I know the ring has got to be done.

DBF is dropping all kinds of crazy cryptic tidbits about tonight, along with some other things:
-there''s champagne in the fridge
-lots of secrecy about date night tonight
-I''m supposed to be dressed up
-Gave me fresh batteries for the camera
-Told me that tonight was one of "twice in a lifetime" opportunity to control what he does with his facial hair. One of those is our wedding day. One tonight???!! (I prefer him clean shaven or super short full beard growth....before me he did all kinds of goatee/chin stuff. He''ll still do some of it, but I don''t love it.
-FB statuses alluding to excitement, etc.

So....of all people, I know what the wait is like, and he and I have been together such a short time that I feel bad even having some anxiety about it--because I KNOW what the ladies at the top of the list are going through...

BUT...I just don''t know how to handle it! And I know this could ALL be decoy/red herring time. In which case I don''t want to let myself be disappointed.

So yeah. I feel your pain, Jessie! Hang in there!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Yeah i sure did!
So much so that on the day it happened i nearly wasn''t around for it because i had talked myself into thinking it was just another Saturday.
emsmile.gif

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
erm, I do! I have to, because I have this super active imagination-- so if there''s any sort of anything that the two of us are doing together, I get all worked up and think of ten billion ways that he could do it- so, I have to-- otherwise I''d go crazy!

9.gif

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Well, he didnt ask this weekend and because i didnt let myself think about it, im not AS upset. Still a little hurt, but not as hurt as i was. But, i did let myself think about it, like twice this weekend, which is a improvement for previous times. The first time, was when C and i were talking about rings, and he tried a ring on that i always wear. But he didnt just try it on like a middle ringer or thumb. He tried it on the ring finger. And not just the ring finger, but the WEDDING RING FINGER! Than the second time was when we were watching tv, and a ad about what to do and what not to do for weddings came on. Now, the only reason why i thought about him not proposing at that time was, normally, when wedding things come on the tv, he looks and than flips the channel, this time, we was watching the ad CLOSELY
31.gif
very closely, like i was listening and he could have told me what it was about, so....i think i did well for the weekend
36.gif

pluck15

Shiny_Rock
I definitely do this all the time. Whenever we have plans together, like this past weekend when he took me to see the lion king. Took me to my favorite restaurant, then to the play...we were all dressed up... We''ve had all sorts of special weekends the past month or two. But still no ring. I really got my hopes up a few months back, when our parents were supposed to meet for the first time, I thought it would be perfect. But then things happened and his parents weren''t able to make it out, so that bummed me out a lot. What I''ve found helps me get through the weekend, is to think of all the reasons he can''t do it that weekend. Like if you have other plans for the weekend, or another milestone that would make sense for him to wait (such as our 2yr anniversary is at the end of August)

I have found that if you tell yourself reasons why it can''t happen that weekend, then you aren''t as dissappointed, and hopefully it''ll make it more of a surprise when it does!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
lol i used to back after he first tried to get my ring size. i even had our visits kinda ranked as far as how likely it was so i could try to convince myself to not freak out. i was definitely freaking out when we were in times square for new year''s though (our anniversary is midnight on mew year''s). but now i kinda know due to all other visits being eliminated
25.gif
so now i''m freaking out and trying to look as nice as possible before august.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results