shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone enjoy fishing...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I spent hours relaxing while fishing - and can spend days if I have the time.

Anyone else enjoy fishing?

Imagine watching the diamond sparkle from the reflected light at times.

I am, however, mildly upset that I have missed out on one of the great fishing experinces out there. Anyone want to go fishing like this?

It takes a couple of minutes to watch the entire film clip.

www.wxpnews.com/rd/rd.cfm?id=060207FA-Catch_Fish

Perry

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Oh my word, Perry!! Is that for real!?!? That is so amazing, but it would totally freak me out!
32.gif
I have gone fishing a couple times with my BF, and it''s fun, though I don''t catch much
1.gif
. Where is that? And what kind of fish are those??? WOW!

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
That''s not fishin, that''s catchin!
One time I was about 40 miles offshore at night when it was pretty rough and a flying fish hit me square in the head. Another time we were heading out before dark . I was sitting in the back of the boat just relaxing and a flying fish came out of the water about 3 feet to my left going the same speed and direction we were going and for about 5 seconds that fish and I were eyeball to eyeball. I was close enough to it to see it moving it''s eye around checking us out. It was really neat. Like it was just suspended there.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Argg..... The fish attack.

Yes it is real. Filmed in Brazil. But now routine in the Mississippi/Missouri river basin (with bigger fish - flying carp).

Eddited to update this sentance:The fish in the video are matrinxã (Brycon cephalus), a Brazilian
fresh water species.

Here is a link that provides a bit more history, and other clips on the subject.

www.snopes.com/photos/animals/fishfly.asp

Heh ya all - lets go fishing.

I wonder - do you need a liscense to fish like this.

Perry

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Talk about flyin fish that guy needs a helmut!!!
3.gif

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Perry, I''m a big fishing fan. I try to get away at least once a year to a remote location (often only satellite phone access) with a buddy of mine. It''s a terrific way to decompress from the professional rat race. We were in Brazil several years ago and experienced what you see in the video, except the fish were somewhat smaller. Our guide said they were being chased by predatory fish, probably the peacock bass we were fishing for. See this link, they grow over 20 pounds and put up a great fight.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dpeacock%2520bass%26stype%3Duni%26ei%3DUTF-8%26fr%3DFP-tab-aud-t%26x%3Dwrt&w=350&h=279&imgurl=www.anglersandhunters.com%2Fimages%2Fpeacockbass5.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.anglersandhunters.com%2Famazon.htm&size=16.5kB&name=peacockbass5.jpg&p=peacock+bass&type=jpeg&no=3&tt=4,754&ei=UTF-8

In addition to the peacocks, I caught a 3lb piranha. This year we are looking at northern Canada for pike and lake trout, and Mexico for bass.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
that...was just crazy!
23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results