shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone else wonder if the current political climate is hurting their marriage?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's not allowed to do laundry here. At "his house" he can do all the laundry he wants, I have no problems with that. I'm much more conservative than he is (he is not a republican like I was!) and tend to have some interesting discussions. He "mansplained" to me only once. After I gave him a new ******* I put him out for the weekend.:lol-2:

After he was finished, I asked "Are you done?" He said, "yeah". I said "great. Get the hell out". I don't yell. I barely raise my voice, and even he says its hard to tell what is going through my mind sometimes. Good.

I always look forward to our discussions and even a few arguments. We learn a lot from each other. But he learned early on don't talk down to me.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am a liberal and come from a family of liberals (campaign volunteer since high school). I absolutely respect the opinions and values of others but my own mind is liberal. My husband was middle of the road when we were married but over the last decade has become more conservative. I tell him it was a bait and switch! ;-)

I admit that I get frustrated when he talks too much about “his side” and I do ask him not to say the “T” word as it gets me fired up. That’s probably immature of me but I own it, at least. But with this Kavanaugh thing, he’s starting to see things a little bit differently.

My husband also works a lot less than I do so he spends hours a week watching YouTube news videos that people make from their garage studios. :shifty:

That being said, I adore my husband but with this administration, we have to agree to disagree and we don’t talk about it much.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results