shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anybody know engagementringdirect.com?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Perfectdiamond

Rough_Rock

Hi everyone,

Does anybody know engagementringdirect.com? I used pricescope to search a one-carat center stone for a pendant. I like one diamond from their store. However, their representative is not very responsive. I wonder whether anybody has dealt with this online store before. Is it credit worthy? I am not sure whether I should keep on trying to get an answer from them or just buy another diamond from abazias.com. Any information is appreciated!

PD

Ladyoflovers

Shiny_Rock
Hey, it''s funny you''re asking this because engagementringsdirect is known as one of the highest reputable - trustable sellers here. Most users of this forum have had great shopping experiences with them and hopefully i''ll get to do the same thing, soon. Just make a search for ERD on the search engine on this site and you''ll be able to read all the threads about them.

The reason they might not have responded is because they will be closed until next Tuesday. I''m waiting for Mark from ERD to come back to finalize our deal. I met him in person and I feel so comfortable with him. Another important factor is, he is in NYC and he has access to many diamonds and he also has many diamonds. I happened to run into same stone listing on abazias, blue nile and a few other online vendors which are also liked here but it was Mark who showed me the stones for the very exact listings. Apparently, the other sites only listed those, they didn''t have those.

Hope this would comfort you a little.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
It is possible that they have closed for vacation if you contacted them in the last day or two.

Mark''s father lives in FL, and I know he is scheduled to make a trip to see him, as he is stopping by to go to dinner with me sometime during his visit.

As far as him being credible.... I believe him to be highly credible.

Rockdoc

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have never worked with them but would in a heartbeat. I''m sure the delayed response is due to the very busy time of year.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We bought my 1.5 ct cushion diamond from Mark Turnowski of ERD (engagementringsdirect) in Oct 2005. (I did have a whole thread on here at the time to show it off, but it seems it was so long ago that it''s been deleted.)

Anyways, I write to say that Mark was great and I would recommend him in a second. I do agree that his email responses could sometimes be slower than I needed, so I usually ended up just calling. I went to his office once and that explained it all... he is extremely busy!! Probably because he''s very good, plus when it comes to diamonds, everyone has a million questions that take up his time, and he is very patient and wants to be kind to everyone. The last time I saw him was this spring, and I think he was planning to hire an assistant...

BTW, the stone we ultimately chose was not on his website...after finding out what I was looking for (by phone) he sourced it for me himself. I made the decision remotely (ie: by phone and pictures).

Anyways, if you have any other questions, let me know. And good luck!!

Anne

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
Mark will be back on Jan. 4th...

But, I just got our ring we bought from him - a 1.7 cushion - and it is PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Many people have been very happy with their purchases from ERD, but I personally have never purcased from them. They are definitely on my list though!

findarock

Shiny_Rock
I am searching for a rock and I think I will probably be putting them on my short list.

Perfectdiamond

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the information. I contacted Gary Friedman. Holidays could be a reason. However, one month is really longer than I expected. I willl give it another week or two. Thanks again.

supergirl518

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/29/2006 12:50:14 PM
Author: Perfectdiamond
Thanks for the information. I contacted Gary Friedman. Holidays could be a reason. However, one month is really longer than I expected. I willl give it another week or two. Thanks again.

I purchased my engagement ring from Mark and have nothing but wonderful things to say about my experience. I worked with Mark directly but did meet Gary. Mark is sweet, patient and knows his stuff! If you don''t like how your communication is going with Gary, then just email Mark directly. I never dealt with slow communication from Mark.

[email protected]

Good luck!

rockbie

Rough_Rock
We bought the 1.61 SI2(eye clean) E from Gary at engagementringdirect about a month ago. Gary really went out of his way to accomodate us. The transaction went smooth and we are very pleased

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results