shape
carat
color
clarity

Does any of your friends/acquaintances...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thinks that your jewelry are fake?.

Bumped into an acquaintance of mine...

Her ...nice diamond ring.
Me...it is fake.
Her ...I thought so!
Me... :o

She was sporting a (I'm guessing about 3.75ct RB) but I'm 99% sure it was a moissanite b/c it was tinted green, so at thee end of our BS conversations we both left thinking that each other's ring is FAKE! :lol:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
dunno and dont care.
As far as that goes some of the jewellery I have admired most was what others would call fake.
Silver or base metal with glass or paste stones and it was interesting and rocked.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Happily showed my brother my engagement ring, first thing he said was "that is not a diamond". Well, it wasn't, but I thought that was really rude! I would never tell someone their ring was a 'fake'.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Close family—nope. But I’d bet good money that some of my acquaintances or relatives are clueless about jewelry in general. “Real” doesn’t even register bc they are just clueless. Most of them wear costume jewelry if that.
I will say that my mil— who owns a 3 carat diamond ring prefers to wear her fake one! I just don’t get it! She puts her real one in her vault and wears fakes all the time. With her Rolex. Go figure.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea.
I love that saying, "What others think of me is none of my business."

I wear this rock exclusively for my pleasure - not for others.

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only people that don't know me if they know me they always assume it's real...

I'm having a bit of difficulty following what you've written.
So, People tell you what they assume?
Or are you assuming what they assume?

That almost sounds like a Zen kōan.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I have no idea.

Kenny,
I say this with some trepidation, but can we see a picture of you with your rock?
And I don't say this to just anybody.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Close family—nope. But I’d bet good money that some of my acquaintances or relatives are clueless about jewelry in general. “Real” doesn’t even register bc they are just clueless. Most of them wear costume jewelry if that.
I will say that my mil— who owns a 3 carat diamond ring prefers to wear her fake one! I just don’t get it! She puts her real one in her vault and wears fakes all the time. With her Rolex. Go figure.

Oh that's so sad

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny,
I say this with some trepidation, but can we see a picture of you with your rock?
And I don't say this to just anybody.
No trepidation needed.
I don't post pics of myself, but here's my rock.
It's an Octavia ... per AGS it's a 1.51 ct G VS2.

This brilliant modern asscher was designed by PS's own genius, KarlK! :clap:
Its light performance rivals that of an ideal cut round - formerly unheard of in an asscher.
I'm not repeating marketing hype; I own a round ACA and a Solasfera so I know high end diamond light performance.
My apologies that the stone was slightly off-axis in this pic.
You can tell because the central square is not centered around the point where the diagonals of the windmills meet at the center.
My bad. :cry2:

An Octavia is my Avatar.
For that pic I placed the loose diamond in the throat of a flower with those colors.
IIRC that is the one I gave to my partner at that time, 1.34 ct H VS2 and the first Octavia ever sold.

If you do a search you'll find a few threads here on my Octavias.

415.png

Last edited:

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
OMG, OMG, I'm so glad I had the nerve to ask! That is off the charts stunning. If you're not tired of telling, please relate what this is. I'm paralyzed looking at this.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, OMG, I'm so glad I had the nerve to ask! That is off the charts stunning. If you're not tired of telling, please relate what this is. I'm paralyzed looking at this.

Below are two of my threads here on PS about Octavias.
In the first link below pics start on post # 91 - which for my settings is the beginning of page 4.
Your settings may result in the first pic being on another page.

KarlK gets all of the credit for the design of his Octavia and DiaGem of www.gemconcepts.net gets the credit for cutting these challenging-to-cut diamonds.

Daily I am blown away by my Octavia's astonishing light performance. :dance:

Last edited:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I wear my staple pieces, and they are not super “out of the league” where I live....so I think people believe they are real. Who knows? I do think that most think the hubby is the one buying me my bling, but in reality, i buy my own jewelry for the most part.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FWIW Kenny, I don’t think I’d ever tire of looking at your Octavia!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have told my mum a few white lies about my pieces being fakes to avoid being told off for wasting my money.

However, she knows me better than that. :lol-2:

As for the others, don't know and don't really care.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, my friends know me and know my style. We have never had a conversation about it but I am confident if they notice my diamonds (which they probably don't lol) they would think it is real.

spectacular.gif

I cannot speak for acquaintances because by definition acquaintances don't really know us but superficially.

Do I care? No.

As Kenny wrote and this is a statement I agree with completely. What others think of me is none of my business and I wholeheartedly embrace that. I won't give anyone power over me to care what they think about me.

noneofmybusiness.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kenny has the most amazing asschers. I've seen them in person and they look even better in person than his already amazing pics.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww, thanks Chrono.
Your check's in the mail. :lol-2:

And I'll never forget how astonishingly beautiful the pear in your avatar was!!!
I'm still wiping away the drool.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FWIW Kenny, I don’t think I’d ever tire of looking at your Octavia!

Well, if you're super duper rich, propose to me.
Then you can see it every day.

I'll just dump my SO SO I can enjoy all YOUR money.
I'm a gay man and I think you are a woman, so we'll both have to ... uhm ... work out some kind of arrangement. :???:
But daily worship of my Octavia is a fair trade for your BBB (Bank Balance of Billions). :tongue:

I'll have my attorneys draw up the prenup.
Bring your pen, Dah-leeng.

:mrgreen:

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
”so so” :lol:

Yeah, some say I have a knack with language, thank you very much. ... or maybe she said I was a hack with language ... oh WTFever.
But then, some said that of Hitler (a dubious honor at best) and his fans say that about our very own 45 (another dubious honor at best) . :knockout:

Last edited:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
I have no idea.

This is me!

By PS standards I have a small collection of small stones. In my previous town my 1.2ct set tongues wagging! I don't give a f... I wear what I like because it makes me happy. And like I told a "friend", if I wore jewellery to impress others I'd go out and buy a 2ct fake and tell everyone it's real.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ummm usually it's the other way around as everyone knows I love jewellery :lol: I get asked if my CZ stud earrings are real etc... Only one I get odd looks/questions about is my 3 stone honey Zircon ring as people confuse natural Zircon with CZ. 584625

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is me!

By PS standards I have a small collection of small stones. In my previous town my 1.2ct set tongues wagging! I don't give a f... I wear what I like because it makes me happy. And like I told a "friend", if I wore jewellery to impress others I'd go out and buy a 2ct fake and tell everyone it's real.

LOL's. Hope you and yours are well. Hijack over!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly have no idea. I had a co-worker ask me one day about a Berricle ring I was wearing and I said it was a CZ. She reacted really really surprised. Like she almost didn’t believe me. I don’t know if her reaction was because it looked so good she couldn’t believe it wasn’t a diamond or she couldn’t believe I was wearing something something fake.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Friends know me well enough to know that my stuff is real. I have no idea about acquaintances. Strangers have, however, approached me, usually in retail stores, to compliment me on what I'm wearing and ask if it's real. They often comment that they've never seen diamonds that sparkle as much as mine do. I think this happens because in my area, the majority of diamonds most folks wear or see are poorly cut. Unless you're an aficionado, you don't know what you're missing until you see it.

The woman who designed our master bath reno kept asking me why my diamond ring sparkled so much and was it real. Her 5 carat diamond was so poorly cut it was like a black hole -- light went in and nothing came out. I felt bad to see the disappointment on her face when she compared hers to mine.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Friends and co-workers know my bling is real and come to me for assistance when they want to buy something. I have steered a few to purchase from LT and to reputable on-line diamond vendors. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results