shape
carat
color
clarity

documentation for catholic ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
so i talked to our priest and he says i''ll need a pre up inquiry and a "baptismal certificate" issued w/in 6 mo''s of wedding. anyone have any idea how to go about getting these?

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
Janinegirly,

I have no idea what a pre up inquiry is, but you can get a copy of your original baptismal certificate from the specific church in which you were baptised. I just had to call the catholic church that I was baptised in and they sent a copy directly to the church we were getting married in. DH was not baptised Catholic so I just had to give them a copy of the baptismal cert that his mom had.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
yah me too - my baptizmal (is that a word?) church sent the papers to my ''new'' church.

I just finished my pre-nup (or Pre Cana) classes last night! Your priest should tell you who to call to enrole...

I''m in Canada; so that''s how it went down for me ;-)

GL!

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
OK.....
2.gif

If pre-up is refering to Pre-Cana classes, you just need to contact the church in which you are getting married. Each church does it a little differently. Some do weekend retreats, others do one on one classes with an established married couple from the church. Just call the church office, they can give you the info.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
we''re signed up for pre-cana..he mentioned a "pre-nup inquiry". no idea what that is. i guess maybe it''s when the priest goes through some questions with us.
geesh another list of thigns to get done!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results