shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you worry about not loving your ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
I think it''s pretty safe to say most of us LIW on PS have an idea of what ring we are dying to get. Do you ever worry about not liking your ring?

I had a clear picture of what I want after tons of research on PS and after trying on pretty much every single style out there. We ended going custom, but the final design that we went with is not exactly what I fell in love with in the first place. I was involved in designing the ring with bf and he took the initiative of communicating the design with the jeweler. By the time I got to see the CAD it was towards the tail end of final approval before making the wax. BF was super worried whether it incorporated all my preferences, so I was hesitant to change too much of what''s already on the paper. I did make some suggestions to make sure the major tweaks were covered, but I kind of know it is still not "perfect".

BF had seen the final product, and had the ring for a month already. He is very happy with it, but also very worried that "I won''t love it because it is not everything that we had asked for". I did everything I could to ease him from the worries, since at the end of the day, I''ll be the happiest person on earth because he proposed and had spent so much effort in it.

But deep down inside, part of me is still worried that I won''t love the ring... and I''m dying to see it, because it''s really starting to bug me! Am I just too spoiled in wanting everything perfect... how do I get over this so I don''t drive myself mad while waiting for him to propose? Maybe I''m just thinking wayyyy too much???
33.gif

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
I think you''re a normal female just overthinking every little detail:) I''m sure you will love the ring regardless of your concerns because it means you''ll be getting set to marry someone you love and really that''s what it''s about. I would love a giant stunner but honestly if my bf bought me a compass ring out of a quarter machine and proposed I''d be so stupid happy because I''m so in love with him I just can''t wait to start the "rest of our lives". Try to think of the big picture and what the ring means, maybe that will help?! If that doesn''t help...I could recommend a good bottle of wine for you to drown your worries in
2.gif

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Oh bora, I''m terrified I won''t like the ring too!!! I too was part of the custom design process, but I know, I just know that once we get the ring, we''re going to loooove it! In that moment, nothing else in the whole wide world is going to matter - because after all, it is just a ring, and really, it''s allllll about marrying the man of our DREAMS!!!

Plus, any minor tweaks and changes can be made. Double PLUS, that''s what re-sets are for
31.gif

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 6:11:31 PM
Author: megumic
Oh bora, I''m terrified I won''t like the ring too!!! I too was part of the custom design process, but I know, I just know that once we get the ring, we''re going to loooove it! In that moment, nothing else in the whole wide world is going to matter - because after all, it is just a ring, and really, it''s allllll about marrying the man of our DREAMS!!!

Plus, any minor tweaks and changes can be made. Double PLUS, that''s what re-sets are for
31.gif

LOL...yes, that is bf''s perspective as well, we can always do minor fixes and re-set it if we absolutely have to. But I don''t think I''m going to!!! The ring means too much, I think I want to keep it like it''s original form forever. Though... I don''t mind it if he wants to get me a brand new ring down the road
31.gif

I just want to see the ring very bad... i don''t know why they have to make us wait so long!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I am, because I''m extremely picky with jewelry.
I told SO he could propose without a ring (an IOU note if he wanted) and we could pick out the ring together.
I really like this idea!

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
Oooh, guuurl, I worry like no other! Not necessarily because I think it will be awful (FF knows what I like, and is a really great judge of what suits me), but because he''s more of a ''walk-into-a-chain-store-a-pick-whatever-I-think-is-nicest'' kind of guy. After browsing PS, and seeing/hearing about everyone''s custom works of art (and, droolinggg
30.gif
), I''m afraid that he''ll walk out with a generic, overpriced piece..

MermaidKelly

Shiny_Rock
I think about it a little, but when the time comes I''m sure any thoughts will have flown out the window! My bf knows a few basics (like that I like round stones best, and classic 1 stone in prongs is my favorite style).

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/1/2009 2:18:58 PM
Author: MrsHToBe
Oooh, guuurl, I worry like no other! Not necessarily because I think it will be awful (FF knows what I like, and is a really great judge of what suits me), but because he''s more of a ''walk-into-a-chain-store-a-pick-whatever-I-think-is-nicest'' kind of guy. After browsing PS, and seeing/hearing about everyone''s custom works of art (and, droolinggg
30.gif
), I''m afraid that he''ll walk out with a generic, overpriced piece..

LOL, I brainwashed BF to make sure he doesn''t walk out the mall with a ring!
3.gif
So what are you gonna do???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results