clarity

Do you WORDLE?

winetime12

Shiny_Rock
I still play just the basic Wordle every weekday

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought by now if I kept reading, I'd be able to figure out what game "WH" stands for, but no :(2 Can someone shed light please? TIA

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Wordle Complaint:

Today's word seemed off brand to me-more New York Times-ish.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wordle Complaint:

Today's word seemed off brand to me-more New York Times-ish.

this west coaster and (very, very casual) bird watcher would beg to differ.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
this west coaster and (very, very casual) bird watcher would beg to differ.

I have no problem with the word/ bird. It just seems non-wordle-ish. I don’t recall another animal/bird solution.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no problem with the word/ bird. It just seems non-wordle-ish. I don’t recall another animal/bird solution.
They’ve surprised me in the past with words that seemed very technical or “insider.” I recall when the word was “moire,” which to me is a specific way of finishing fabric, and a French word to boot. I kinda didn’t think my brother would get it. But he got it with no problem - it turns out the term is also used in graphic arts, one of his areas of expertise.

To your point, I think there were some eyebrows raised here when “gecko” turned up as a daily word. I was surprised because I think the original creator is British, and I think of geckos as inhabiting the tropics. But I figure the creators are, like me, “Death in Paradise” fans!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
They’ve surprised me in the past with words that seemed very technical or “insider.” I recall when the word was “moire,” which to me is a specific way of finishing fabric, and a French word to boot. I kinda didn’t think my brother would get it. But he got it with no problem - it turns out the term is also used in graphic arts, one of his areas of expertise.

To your point, I think there were some eyebrows raised here when “gecko” turned up as a daily word. I was surprised because I think the original creator is British, and I think of geckos as inhabiting the tropics. But I figure the creators are, like me, “Death in Paradise” fans!

Oh now I recall gecko! And that was a fun show-I watched a couple of seasons.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Octordle has a new option that I’ve been enjoying lately - octordle sequence. Eight words, but you have to find them in sequence. Fifteen tries. A fun new - uhm - diversion.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still love Wordle! And I'm really into Quordle these days. I tried Octowordle but didn't realize you do them in sequence :oops: Looking forward to giving it another go!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still love Wordle! And I'm really into Quordle these days. I tried Octowordle but didn't realize you do them in sequence :oops: Looking forward to giving it another go!

Regular octordle doesn’t have to be worked in sequence, and gives you 13 tries to figure out the 8 words.

In octordle sequence you have to only work one word at a time, starting with first grid. You only get to see how the letters used in the first grid play out in the second grid after you’ve figured out the first word, and so forth. You get 15 tries to figure out all 8 words.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
It feels so silly, yet...my heart soars when I get the correct word, even if it's in four tries! :bigsmile::kiss2: And when I get a word in two or three tries, I leap up and do a happy dance, and call my DH in to see the glory that is my Wordle game o' the day. LOL! :lol:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone have any thoughts on when the NYT will stop giving us Wordle for free?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone have any thoughts on when the NYT will stop giving us Wordle for free?

No, I'm just holding my breath, figuring it will happen sooner or later.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Do you also play "Spelling Bee" that pops up as a link at the bottom of the statistics page? I started playing a while ago, and it's quite fun! I just play the free version. :razz:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I play every day, and belong to a FB group set up by a friend so that we could post our scores without annoying our other friends who do not wish to see them in their feeds!

DK :lol-2:

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
I still play everyday, once the clock strikes 0000hrs
:D

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
For multilingual members, here’s a site where one can play Wordle in another language….

Just scroll to the bottom of the page for choices other than English.

Last edited:

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
I have not gotten it in 1 yet. I used to switch starters every day but now I use LEARN.
Last February, one day I used FLORA as a tribute to my good friend’s mom. Her name is Flora and she is 95 and at the time was not doing well. Wouldn’t you know that FLORA was the Wordle on the following day!?!?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like to start with a word “inspired” by something I've seen or done - or something. Yesterday we saw bison in Wichita Mountains State park so I started with “bison,” which turned out to be a pretty good starting word. Today nothing came to mind so I put together a word using some of my favorite starting letters - and it turned out to be a very lucky guess!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great job!

I only had one to date, it was my starter word, so now I have a different starter word.

DK :))

Same for me as far as getting it once on my starter word. I haven't figured out a new starter yet. I keep switching around and end up getting mostly 3s. sometimes 2, sometimes 4... once in a while I bomb out. But not often.....

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got it in 2 after starting word yielded 1 yellow. Now moving on to Connections….

I try to do Connections but find it kind of frustrating. Sometimes easy and other times I can't get any of them. I like Letter Boxed better. Let me know what you think of Connections.

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
I love Connections! Today was very challenging though. I will check out Letter Boxed.
One of my Wordle Buddies got it in 1 today!! I’m so happy for her!’

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results