shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you wear your engagement ring everyday?

Do you wear your engagement ring everyday?

• Everyday

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • 1-2x a week

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • 3-4x a week

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Special occasions only

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Rarely at all

Votes: 9 10.3%

• Total voters

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just for outings. My hands are actually most comfortable with just my wedding band.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg. The smell thing. YES! No one has ever understood. I used to love perfumes and I have a whole collection of expensive perfumes that make my stomach turn. So sad

I have had to ask people with car air fresheners to throw them out before getting in their car. Lol!

I always tell they stylist not to use any darn product - they do anyways. I always immediately shower and change after getting my hair done :lol:

feels so good to know I’m not alone! And I hope so regarding the reset. I’ve been agonizing over it because I’ve already wasted so much money! I just want to get it right

I am the same way too! So many things irritate me. Makeup, mascara, many fabrics, lots of scents & cleaning products, things not fitting comfortably, anything tugging or too heavy, etc. etc.

I asked my hairstylist if I could bring my own hair products to my appointments (shampoo, conditioner, styling product). She said no problem. Turns out she had a few other clients who did the same. (I would take ibuprofen *before* my hair appointments in preparation for the headache I was going to have from the products. It was such a relief to have them use my own.) It was no problem at all and the woman who usually shampooed always remembered and was so sweet about it, too. I share this in case you aren't aware you can do this (I googled, I wanted to know if it was a thing or if there might be hygenic reasons that salons cannot let clients bring in their own products. It's a thing, we are not alone!)

I have also spent the better part of three years trying to figure out a reset. It has to be so many things, but the one thing it absolutely *must* be is comfortable. That is getting in the way of choosing anything, because the reset is precipitated by wanting to free it from a full bezel for the potential beauty boost (it's a gorgeous OEC, but I feel like the bezel inhibits a titch of it's performance). With the full bezel goes the comfort factor, though. So, round and round I go. I do have another full bezel ring (avatar) that has a platinum basket and rose gold shank. That ring really delights my eyes, and it's so easy to wear. I think the added beauty boost to the diamond is from the contrast in metals, and the rose gold's relationship with the diamond. I suspect resetting to something with rose gold might achieve the goal, even if I still end up with a full bezel.

I hope you find what you are looking for! It isn't easy when your sensorily sensitive and also have high aesthetic standards!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear mine 24/7 except when washing my hair and when “resting” it.
So even gardening, washing the car, walking the dogs and to bed.
By “resting’, I love to put it away for a few weeks every now and then, wearing another ring, so I can then get it out and fall in love with it all over again.
DH thinks I’m crazy :lol:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I wear it every day. I now have a few rings that I wear as my engagement ring, so I switch it up, but there is always a diamond ring on my left ring finger (and usually a wedding band though sometimes I like the look of just the diamond ring alone).

I grew up with the notion that engagement and wedding rings are worn 24/7. It was an adjustment after coming on PS to take it off for certain things (like sleeping and housework). I feel naked without something on my left ring finger, plus I just get so much joy from gazing at a diamond there that I can't wait to put it on, leave it on, and enjoy it!

Took the words right out of my mouth!! This is me exactly.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
These are my every day wear rings, watch & tennis bracelet. I only take them off to clean them twice a week & they all go straight back on again. I sleep & shower with them on too. I don't use "soap" I use shower gel which doesn't produce scum =)2
789881 783631

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
I wear my rings whenever I go out but I take them off as soon as I get home.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I am the same way too! So many things irritate me. Makeup, mascara, many fabrics, lots of scents & cleaning products, things not fitting comfortably, anything tugging or too heavy, etc. etc.

I asked my hairstylist if I could bring my own hair products to my appointments (shampoo, conditioner, styling product). She said no problem. Turns out she had a few other clients who did the same. (I would take ibuprofen *before* my hair appointments in preparation for the headache I was going to have from the products. It was such a relief to have them use my own.) It was no problem at all and the woman who usually shampooed always remembered and was so sweet about it, too. I share this in case you aren't aware you can do this (I googled, I wanted to know if it was a thing or if there might be hygenic reasons that salons cannot let clients bring in their own products. It's a thing, we are not alone!)

I have also spent the better part of three years trying to figure out a reset. It has to be so many things, but the one thing it absolutely *must* be is comfortable. That is getting in the way of choosing anything, because the reset is precipitated by wanting to free it from a full bezel for the potential beauty boost (it's a gorgeous OEC, but I feel like the bezel inhibits a titch of it's performance). With the full bezel goes the comfort factor, though. So, round and round I go. I do have another full bezel ring (avatar) that has a platinum basket and rose gold shank. That ring really delights my eyes, and it's so easy to wear. I think the added beauty boost to the diamond is from the contrast in metals, and the rose gold's relationship with the diamond. I suspect resetting to something with rose gold might achieve the goal, even if I still end up with a full bezel.

I hope you find what you are looking for! It isn't easy when your sensorily sensitive and also have high aesthetic standards!

Wow I had no idea I could do that with my hair stylist! I feel like no one has ever taken it seriously. It’s nice to feel like im not alone!

I absolutely relate to this dilemma, and I adore your avatar ring. It looks extremely comfortable with just the ring amount of “stuff” going on. I’d love to do 2-toned, but I had to match it to my platinum wedding band and can’t see myself choosing a non-white metal for the head since my OEC is E colored.

I have had good luck with my sapphire ring, it has thick tab prongs which are blissfully low maintenance, but for some reason I don’t wear it daily. I love it, but it isn’t as comfy as my ering, as it’s a larger stone (2.5 carats) and has more heft to it.

It is funny, my OEC actually performs slightly better in a full bezel. It shows the facets more! But I think it depends on the stone quite a bit. I wish you luck on your journey as well…do you have pictures of your ring? i think rose gold would look lovely with most stones, im a true convert after trying on a bunch of rose colored gold recently!

I do wish so badly that I wasn’t so persnickety! But we will have our happily ever afters soon!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's a lot of stuff I don't wear every day. Earrings, necklaces, makeup. But I always put on my engagement ring and a wedding ring.

winetime12

Shiny_Rock
Yes I wear mine every day. In fact I never take it off (except to clean it once a week). It's a bit small and almost impossible to put back on in the morning when my fingers are swollen. Otherwise it fits perfectly so I don't really want to resize it until I start wearing it with my wedding band.

oakleaf

Shiny_Rock
No. Often just my plain wedding band. I'm a person who loves jewellery to look at but not to wear. I might start a thread about it as I think there are some others on here like me...

I am the same. My bitty .44 ct solitaire is tall enough to bug me. I have had diamonds fall out of a bezeled eternity band twice. I dislike the feeling of pave/prongs between my fingers. I have resigned myself to plain bands and channel set eternity bands, unless I am going somewhere “fancy.”

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
I am the same. My bitty .44 ct solitaire is tall enough to bug me. I have had diamonds fall out of a bezeled eternity band twice. I dislike the feeling of pave/prongs between my fingers. I have resigned myself to plain bands and channel set eternity bands, unless I am going somewhere “fancy.”

Yup. I felt the same even when I had a half carat solitaire, and also when I had a lovely smooth full bezel 0.70ct OEC. Both of which I sold. I just don't think I can tolerate anything other than a plain band for daily wear. And I never go anywhere fancy.

I knew this before. So why did I go and buy my 2 carat dream ring and expect it to be any different? I'm actually considering selling it :blackeye: Why do I not learn from experience :wall:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Yup. I felt the same even when I had a half carat solitaire, and also when I had a lovely smooth full bezel 0.70ct OEC. Both of which I sold. I just don't think I can tolerate anything other than a plain band for daily wear. And I never go anywhere fancy.

I knew this before. So why did I go and buy my 2 carat dream ring and expect it to be any different? I'm actually considering selling it :blackeye: Why do I not learn from experience :wall:

Oh no! You are thinking of selling your stone? I Totally get this dilemma.

These comments are helping me also be very honest with myself about what I need for my comfort, too.

Hope you figure out what works best for you. <3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. I wear it when I feel like wearing it.
Whenever I go out I wear a ring. Not always my OEC ER.

Sometimes I wear a band (especially in the first year of Covid as it was easier to disinfect).
Sometimes I wear my other ER options.
Sometimes I wear Bubbalah.

It depends on my mood.

I love my OEC ER and when I don't wear her I still love her.
Nothing to read into not wearing her all the time.
I march to my own beat and do not conform to rules or trends.

In other words, I do me.

The bands I got during Covid to make it easier for me to disinfect.

ensoringseverywhere.png

diamondbandvintageonringfinger.png

bubbalahgregandmebythesea.png

When I am at home I am most comfortable wearing nothing on my hands or ears or neck or wrist.
I prefer being unencumbered.
However when I go out I love wearing my pieces but generally one or two at a time depending on my mood.
There is no right or wrong. Do what (wear what) feels best for you and you will always be right.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I only wear jewelry if I'm leaving the house.

Last few weeks, I have only worn earrings. I have been into bigger earrings recently. Big opals, big pave coral diamond flowers.

It's been maybe a month plus since I have worn a ring.

That's normal for me. I have periods where I don't wear anything, including earrings.

I still like to look at things and look at things I have, but I don't wear them continuously.

Most will hate the earrings, I think, but big earrings have been my thing lately. Pictures, as requested! I only have photos of the flowers on my phone currently.

Your collection is truly remarkable! Every item is just perfection

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't wear one anymore, but the two that I wore, I wore every day and only took them off to clean them a few times a week. I was particularly attached to their size and the status that I perceived others would assign to me, to be quite honest. It was difficult for me to let them go, not because I was so sad about divorcing, but because I wasn't walking around with a couple carats on my left hand anymore...couldn't flash that status. lol. I doubt anyone else here would admit to that, and that's ok.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I don't wear one anymore, but the two that I wore, I wore every day and only took them off to clean them a few times a week. I was particularly attached to their size and the status that I perceived others would assign to me, to be quite honest. It was difficult for me to let them go, not because I was so sad about divorcing, but because I wasn't walking around with a couple carats on my left hand anymore...couldn't flash that status. lol. I doubt anyone else here would admit to that, and that's ok.

I really appreciate the honesty and totally understand that. I think that frequently gets wrapped up in diamond purchases and it’s nothing to hide, at least not to me

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really appreciate the honesty and totally understand that. I think that frequently gets wrapped up in diamond purchases and it’s nothing to hide, at least not to me

Thank you. I came to Pricescope originally because I wanted to know if my engagement diamond was big enough in certain circles. I think my search terms were something like "average engagement ring diamond size in xyz city." I had a 1.5 carat RB at the time but still felt like it was "too small" back when I was young and still worried about what others thought. I'm not proud of that, but it's the truth. I wish more people were open about the fact that certain things matter and that doesn't mean they're shallow or anything negative. We all just want to be accepted by others and engagement rings to many are a status symbol and means of fitting into our peer groups. (And I certainly don't mean to speak for anyone but myself and understand that this is not always the case. :) )

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
During the week at work I mostly wear a bezel band. Nice and low and nothing to snag.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Every single day. Only time I take it off is when showering, cleaning and sleeping. Of course if I go to the beach or something I do take it off. My hands are a mess from washing so apologies for that! Today I was with horses all day at the show. Enjoyed my ring in all the different lighting.

20210923_103922.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I have a sets of rings for both right and left hands.
I am not married, so “living in sin” lololol.

I rotate the sets. I only wear them to and from work. I take them off when I get to work- Occ health and safety.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I voted 1-2 because I cycle through a set of diamond rings on my left hand ring finger. There are a few that I wear more often than others so I guess you could say I wear “a ring“ 1-2x per week. But I do wear “some ring” every day on my left ring finger.

I just got an everyday RHR and have worn it every day.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1-3 days a week. I hate them dirty so hand washing was killing me. I’m also lazy about putting them back on. Maybe when Covid is over they come back out.

rainbowstarry

Rough_Rock
When I leave the house I always wear something on my left hand ring finger - 90% of the time it is my ering with one of my wedding bands and the rest of the time it is with just one or two eternity rings

i always take them off when I get home but during covid I do like to wear rings during the day when I have virtual meetings as I enjoy looking at them and gives me a nice treat during meetings

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results