shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you wear your engagement ring everyday?

Do you wear your engagement ring everyday?

• Everyday

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • 1-2x a week

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • 3-4x a week

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Special occasions only

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Rarely at all

Votes: 9 10.3%

• Total voters

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I was curious, do you actually wear your ring(s) everyday? Why or why not?

I like rings that are very comfortable and practical for 24/7 wear. What about you?

Show pictures too!

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I’m just going to be in the house all day, then no, I don’t put Bella on. I do wear her whenever I’m out though.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Definitely not all the time. When I do wear it, I take off when I get home.

Lots of reasons for why I don't wear it every day. Sometimes it's not appropriate to wear a larger diamond, sometimes I don't feel like it, other times the activities I'll be doing can damage it, etc.

I'm not sentimental in that way. In fact, my hubs couldn't care less if I even wore a wedding band.. :lol-2:

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I've not been engaged, nor married. I don't wear my diamond ring every day, though. I wear it if I'm going to be engaging socially, or working. I don't wear it if I'm staying home, or going out to do solo activities.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Before COVID, I wore mine everyday except when I was sleeping, showering, or going somewhere where I felt it was not appropriate to wear for image or safety.

I haven't been wearing it at all since COVID mainly because it needs to be resized and is too snug. I'm strictly isolating, so I don't know when I'll be able to get it resized. Maybe in another year? But what if I get pregnant? I miss wearing my ER!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With all the frequent handwashing, I've stopped wearing any ring the last year or so. Too much of a hassle to sanitize my ring every time, plus soap scum, etc.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I wear it 90% of the time when I leave the house. These days, "leaving the house" is driving 1/2 a mile to pick up the toddler from preschool so I'm less attentive to it than I was pre-COVID. (And unfortunately I have to drive that 1/2 mile, there are no sidewalks in between preschool and our home and part of the way is a busy road. Otherwise we'd walk.)

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I wear it every day. I now have a few rings that I wear as my engagement ring, so I switch it up, but there is always a diamond ring on my left ring finger (and usually a wedding band though sometimes I like the look of just the diamond ring alone).

I grew up with the notion that engagement and wedding rings are worn 24/7. It was an adjustment after coming on PS to take it off for certain things (like sleeping and housework). I feel naked without something on my left ring finger, plus I just get so much joy from gazing at a diamond there that I can't wait to put it on, leave it on, and enjoy it!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I wear some combo of a wedding set on my ring finger 24/7, I also wear my studs and pendant. The only time these things come off are for a couple minutes of cleaning.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
No. Often just my plain wedding band. I'm a person who loves jewellery to look at but not to wear. I might start a thread about it as I think there are some others on here like me...

I am hoping I am not the same way! But realizing my desire for comfort is extreme when it comes to jewelry.

I had a vision for a more complex e-ring, but am wondering if a plain solitaire, probably bezel, is my best chance at actually wearing it the most!

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
Only when I leave the house...which isn't much these days.

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
I am hoping I am not the same way! But realizing my desire for comfort is extreme when it comes to jewelry.

I had a vision for a more complex e-ring, but am wondering if a plain solitaire, probably bezel, is my best chance at actually wearing it the most!

Do you find you wear your current e-ring all the time / most of the time? It looks really comfortable.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Do you find you wear your current e-ring all the time / most of the time? It looks really comfortable.

I swear I’m like the princess and the pea.

I do wear it a lot, I’d say most of the time. When my fingers swell with lots of activity or heat, I take it off.

The platinum in the bezels are actually fairly thick, so it’s actually unexpectedly heavy for the size, which occasionally bothers me.

I am suspicious that a solitaire bezel that trimmed some of the weight would be darn near perfect from a comfort perspective, but a little boring from an eyeballs perspective lol

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually wear mine at some point during the day when I'm home, even if it's just while I'm watching tv. I don't wear a ring when I'm cleaning or exercising. I do wear it when I go out, which is just to run errands right now.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear mine everyday/everywhere unless I’m going somewhere it isn’t safe/practical/appropriate because I enjoy admiring it … at home, in the car, various store lighting scenarios, etc.

I reset my 3 stones into the current setting (Sholdt semi-bezel) because I wear it everyday & this setting is pretty ‘bullet-proof’. My prior setting (with prongs) was bugging me too much, beautiful as it was.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I wear mine everyday/everywhere unless I’m going somewhere it isn’t safe/practical/appropriate because I enjoy admiring it … at home, in the car, various store lighting scenarios, etc.

I reset my 3 stones into the current setting (Sholdt semi-bezel) because I wear it everyday & this setting is pretty ‘bullet-proof’. My prior setting (with prongs) was bugging me too much, beautiful as it was.

Oooh interesting, we sounds similar! Do you have comparison photos? I’m curious about the prong style. I currently have a semi bezel I plan to reset and have SUCH a hard time choosing!

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock

Your avatar is beautiful

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh interesting, we sounds similar! Do you have comparison photos? I’m curious about the prong style. I currently have a semi bezel I plan to reset and have SUCH a hard time choosing!

This was the ‘before’ - a customized WF Butterflies setting:
988E3C7D-4C66-47F9-8BE6-787EB2ADCB77.jpeg

And after - Sholdt semi-bezel 3-stone:
5203F567-0388-4D94-ACC4-191385CFE8A3.jpeg

I’m still careful with my Sholdt ring, but the semi-bezel just works better for me everyday because it’s less intricate/delicate and feels more protective. I just need to get a new polishing cloth because I prefer the shiny finish vs. the patina of the platinum. #FirstWorldProblems

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only wear mine when I go out whether it be one day that week or all 7 days. I could give you an average of 3.5=)2.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I wear my rings around the house in addition to when I go out. :lol: When I am around the house I change them even. I recently upgraded to what I consider my current "e-ring" and that will be my go-to for awhile and yes I will wear it every day.

dmack

Shiny_Rock
I swear I’m like the princess and the pea.

Same. I cut out all the tags on my shirts. I can feel a single dog hair poking me through fabric. I love the look of wool or nubby fabrics but can’t wear them.

I wear my ring 24/7. It’s bezeled and low-set, so no poking. Sometimes I look at the gorgeous rings here and fantasize about a bigger solitaire but what always stops those thoughts in their tracks is the fact that bigger = deeper, which means that it wouldn’t be comfortable for everyday. And I can’t imagine enjoying a special-occasion-only engagement ring. I imagine some of that is because my mom never took her ring off, so I probably grew up assuming that’s what you did.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Same. I cut out all the tags on my shirts. I can feel a single dog hair poking me through fabric. I love the look of wool or nubby fabrics but can’t wear them.

I wear my ring 24/7. It’s bezeled and low-set, so no poking. Sometimes I look at the gorgeous rings here and fantasize about a bigger solitaire but what always stops those thoughts in their tracks is the fact that bigger = deeper, which means that it wouldn’t be comfortable for everyday. And I can’t imagine enjoying a special-occasion-only engagement ring. I imagine some of that is because my mom never took her ring off, so I probably grew up assuming that’s what you did.

Yes! I cut out all of the tags, I dread getting my hair cut bc I can feel all of little pieces of hair everywhere, I hate wearing makeup, basically anything that can cause slight irritation…is like nails on a chalkboard for me!!!

Maybe I should just concede..I’d hate a “special occasion “ ring too, honestly. It would devastate me

dmack

Shiny_Rock
Yes! I cut out all of the tags, I dread getting my hair cut bc I can feel all of little pieces of hair everywhere, I hate wearing makeup, basically anything that can cause slight irritation…is like nails on a chalkboard for me!!!

Maybe I should just concede..I’d hate a “special occasion “ ring too, honestly. It would devastate me

Oh my goooood, we’re the same person. I wear a crappy t-shirt to my haircuts, come home, throw the shirt in the wash, and take a shower. I’m also not a fan of smells, so I hate that it takes me a wash or two to get the hairdresser’s shampoo smell out of my hair, even though it SMELLS NICE! It just distracts the hell out of me.

I’ve read your reset threads and I think there will be a compromise solution that you’ll come across, so don’t lose faith!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a ring on each hand every day.

There are 2 RHRs to choose from, depending on what I am wearing and the occasion.

I have a number of rings for the left hand, and I select one dependent upon what I am wearing and the occasion.

I take my rings off before I go to bed, doing chores like washing up and walking the dog on a lead.

DK :))

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With all the frequent handwashing, I've stopped wearing any ring the last year or so. Too much of a hassle to sanitize my ring every time, plus soap scum, etc.

Ditto...I wear no rings at all and once in awhile I might throw a CZ ring because well it still sparkles but I worry about forgetting about putting it back on, dropping, ect so CZ ring it is every once in awhile....sigh....

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost every day - and almost always when I leave the house.

it’s one of the reasons I decided to *ahem* re-purpose a ring I already had, a rather modest (by PS standards) James Meyer 3-stone. I’d been wearing it on my left hand for awhile, and I knew I could wear it comfortably every day. We were ready to pull the trigger on re-setting a 2+ carat heirloom OEC for my e-ring when I realized that I probably wouldn’t wear the “bigger” ring nearly as much as the ring I already had. So the re-set becomes a project for another day, and I have an e-ring that I love and wear regularly.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goooood, we’re the same person. I wear a crappy t-shirt to my haircuts, come home, throw the shirt in the wash, and take a shower. I’m also not a fan of smells, so I hate that it takes me a wash or two to get the hairdresser’s shampoo smell out of my hair, even though it SMELLS NICE! It just distracts the hell out of me.

I’ve read your reset threads and I think there will be a compromise solution that you’ll come across, so don’t lose faith!

Omg. The smell thing. YES! No one has ever understood. I used to love perfumes and I have a whole collection of expensive perfumes that make my stomach turn. So sad

I have had to ask people with car air fresheners to throw them out before getting in their car. Lol!

I always tell they stylist not to use any darn product - they do anyways. I always immediately shower and change after getting my hair done :lol:

feels so good to know I’m not alone! And I hope so regarding the reset. I’ve been agonizing over it because I’ve already wasted so much money! I just want to get it right

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I only wear jewelry if I'm leaving the house.

Last few weeks, I have only worn earrings. I have been into bigger earrings recently. Big opals, big pave coral diamond flowers.

It's been maybe a month plus since I have worn a ring.

That's normal for me. I have periods where I don't wear anything, including earrings.

I still like to look at things and look at things I have, but I don't wear them continuously.

Most will hate the earrings, I think, but big earrings have been my thing lately. Pictures, as requested! I only have photos of the flowers on my phone currently.

Attachments

• PXL_20210916_143514175.jpg
    PXL_20210916_143514175.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 23
  • PXL_20210916_143338738.jpg
    PXL_20210916_143338738.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 22
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results